Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by WoodenRobot
So you would do $800 evolve & $200 atm unload?
Wouldn't go the ATM route with this card - too much trouble with the fees. Unloading everything which is not payable via Evolve at Walmart. Max $100 cashback per transaction. Since I buy a freshly baked $1 French bread at our neighborhood market almost every day it's easy to unload cash from NW Buxx and Paypal

USB Buxx on the other hand does not allow cb with purchases. This one's ATM only but therefore there's no hassle with any fees as long as you have USB branches/ATMs close by (Food4Less or Albertson's for example).
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:18 am

How strict is the NW Buxx Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000?

I ask because I've loaded $1,500 in a span of less than 30 days. Granted, the first $500 load was the one made when I ask for the card. Maybe that load doesn't count against the limit?

I've had my NW Buxx since Sept (recently), and I'm trying to put a nice schedule that repeats month after month. Problem is that I didn't do this at the beginning! So now, I'm trying to adjust so that my 2 "teens" load on the same day, unload on the same day, and repeat again on the same month. But I can't seem to find a solution to the puzzle of getting into the schedule without having to skip a load in one of the teens. So are these the only possible options (to synchronize the 2 teen cards)?:

1- Skip a load on one of the teens cards, and then load when the other teen loads
2- Not skip a load, but have one teen in one schedule and the other one in a second schedule

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by andres17; Oct 31, 2014 at 4:14 am
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:11 am

Regarding my question regarding the synchronization of the 2 NW Buxx teen cards, this is what I came up:

Note: Grey cell's are my FUTURE load/unloads for achieving card synchronization.

The AAA teen card's schedule doesn't violate any of the rules on the Wiki. But the teen BBB card's schedule violates the $500 credit on 11/7/2014 (violates the max. $1,000 per rolling 30 days).

If that day's load on teen BBB is not allowed by the system, I will probably skip that load altogether. I will give up $8 profit for simplicity going forward. I will load and unload on the same day. Please share if this is not a good strategy.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:56 am

Sorry if this has been answered. Can NW buxx be used with evolve or BB?
Load my BB at Walmart
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by andres17
Regarding my question regarding the synchronization of the 2 NW Buxx teen cards, this is what I came up:

Note: Grey cell's are my FUTURE load/unloads for achieving card synchronization.

The AAA teen card's schedule doesn't violate any of the rules on the Wiki. But the teen BBB card's schedule violates the $500 credit on 11/7/2014 (violates the max. $1,000 per rolling 30 days).

If that day's load on teen BBB is not allowed by the system, I will probably skip that load altogether. I will give up $8 profit for simplicity going forward. I will load and unload on the same day. Please share if this is not a good strategy.
Exactly...The 30 days rolling doesn't seem to make sense to me either. It load schedule is always all messed up.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:23 am

Inactivity

Was one of your buxx cards (whether TD, US, or NW) ever closed due to being inactive?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Exactly...The 30 days rolling doesn't seem to make sense to me either. It load schedule is always all messed up.
It's $1000 per card every 30 days. I always load $2000 onto two teen cards.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
Wouldn't go the ATM route with this card - too much trouble with the fees. Unloading everything which is not payable via Evolve at Walmart. Max $100 cashback per transaction. Since I buy a freshly baked $1 French bread at our neighborhood market almost every day it's easy to unload cash from NW Buxx and Paypal
My reasoning is since max spend/week is $800, you could do $800 evolve for free and remaining $200 via atm for $1 or free if you can find fee free atm/call to reverse fee. That way total fees would be $4-$5 to load & unload $1000.

Cash back $100 everyday seems too much of a hassle..
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:00 pm

My bad,

The image above didn't have the ROW 2 entry. Here is the correct info:

Notice how Teen BBB has been able to do more than $1,000 on a 30 days rolling period (the 3rd load shouldn't be allowed according to the rules on the Wiki, but it went through!). Now, the first load on Teen BBB was when ordering the card, so maybe that is why the 3rd load was allowed. That would be an special exception to the rule. Wonder if someone has had the rule not apply on a load that was not the 3rd overall, but a later load.

Hopefully my future entry on 11/7 for Teen BBB goes through as well. But this rules don't appear to be 100% correct.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:01 pm

Sorry if this has been answered. Can NW buxx be used with evolve or BB?
You can load BB at WM with NWB.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by itsyehuda
You can load BB at WM with NWB.
How much max. would you load to BB?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:00 am

VISA Buxx

I have unloaded Buxx completely to BB or Serve, that's the only way I unload it. $6k/mo.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Talking

oh boy i love reading this thread , just to be a tease ill let you gals/guys in on the secret, i have a reloadable visa and well here is a portion of the terms

Limits

...After you receive the Card... maximum reload value is $5,000.00....
Reloading Your Card

You may load value up to 5 times in one day onto the Card using a... Visa Debit Card or... Visa or MasterCard Credit Card...

Features:

No hidden fees
No monthly fees
ATM access
No activation fee
No purchase fee
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, Honors Gold, SPG Gold
I think the Devil is in the ellipses. Googling what you quoted brings up the Navy Federal GO card. And we all know about that...

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
oh boy i love reading this thread , just to be a tease ill let you gals/guys in on the secret, i have a reloadable visa and well here is a portion of the terms
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
You left out this one:

"You may load value up to 5 times in one day onto the Card using a Navy Federal Visa Debit Card or Navy Federal Visa or MasterCard Credit Card."

From here: https://www.visaprepaidprocessing.co...docs/terms.htm .

Nice but sort of limits its usefulness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.