Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:21 pm

BFMR issues

A couple of reports of missing items to BFMR (delivered and signed for but BMFR claims not received). Both their main address and branches. Hopefully, items still get delivered.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:45 pm

Downside of buying group

Originally Posted by radonc1
Your post echoes my concern regarding this entire endeavor.

You are sending items worth hundreds of dollars to what is basically a (if not illegal) gray market dealer that has no endorsements other than what is published on an internet "chat" group populated with unknown "friends".

My profit on a $1000 GC may be 1-5% or $10-50 (if I am lucky), and not including time and effort. What this means to me is that I am making tens of dollars for my effort. If I send one of these buying groups a single hundred dollar item and they "lose" it, I am out in essence 5-10x my usual profit.

I have seen glowing reports of success above, with the occasional questionable outcome. It is the latter which concerns me. Many who have been burned will not testify to that fact due to embarrassment, while most who succeed will broadcast the fact due to pride.

I hope your encounter gets resolved. If it does or doesn't, please let us know. DPs are always appreciated.
USA Buying Group took 2 weeks to research and said they never received the shipments citing they have been having many issues with Fedex packages lately (but none of it is their fault). It is now up to me to make a claim with FedEx or whoever to get my money back. I really got burned this time.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Fuji Le
USA Buying Group took 2 weeks to research and said they never received the shipments citing they have been having many issues with Fedex packages lately (but none of it is their fault). It is now up to me to make a claim with FedEx or whoever to get my money back. I really got burned this time.
Can you give us an idea of how "burned" you were?

Are we talking 3 digits or 4 digits worth of toasting. Be as specific or opaque as you wish.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott LT Titanium
I think that retail groups have a risk that some might find too dficult to manage, I participate with BFMR, and so far it has been fine, I only purchase 1 item at the time (I know low amount) for meeting spend
In my mind loosing a package is the most common issue, and I try to minize the impact, shipping 1 item at the time and using a CC that can help me in case of issues.

I have only purchased 5 item so far so good, with tracking and payment fast! but I know that loosing a package if not a matter of if but when I got a missing package, I need to work with the all the
different key actors in the handling of the package from the CC issuer, the seller, the carrier, BFMR, and still I might not be able to recover the $, but I'm optimistics that it should not be the rule of my
experience with the buying group.

Best Luck!!!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:57 am

This thread has been awesome. I poked around without a FT account and got some very helpful information, so thank you to all the contributors! I have been using one additional buyer group, www.buygetrewards.com. I've used it for about 6 months, no issues so far, and fast payment. This next "free" vacation couldn't come sooner. Cheers!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by therealtoraj
This thread has been awesome. I poked around without a FT account and got some very helpful information, so thank you to all the contributors! I have been using one additional buyer group, www.buygetrewards.com. I've used it for about 6 months, no issues so far, and fast payment. This next "free" vacation couldn't come sooner. Cheers!
Welcome to FT and I and many others hope that the information you find here will be of some benefit to you.

It will always help if you have beneficial information to add to post it so we can expand our knowledge base as well.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Be careful. First post here and it's advertising for a new buying group that probably no one has heard of before.
cajunguy, ne0ven0m and Klemhuzzah like this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:08 pm

radonc1 Thank you! I am glad to be here.

ChocolateFactory Yes, which is why I prefaced with "poking around without an account" lol. But thank you for your honest reply to my post.

When it comes to side hustles, especially the ones of this nature, one has to do their own research and make their own assessments and take risks based on them. Not doing so would be foolish!

I encourage everyone to do their own due diligence, as I did with the information I found on this forum.
cajunguy likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:09 am

Quick question, I've been buying for a few of these groups and had good luck with Amazon and Walmart orders, but all my Best Buy orders get cancelled due to too many orders being shipped to the same address. I do not currently have a Costco membership, but thinking about getting one. Are you guys having luck with drop ship orders from Costco? Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:17 am

I've had the same issues with Best buy. Almost all of my orders get canceled from there within one hour. Costco has been awesome though. So far, not one cancellation from about 3 dozen orders.
churntornado likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by josh1573
I think that retail groups have a risk that some might find too dficult to manage, I participate with BFMR, and so far it has been fine, I only purchase 1 item at the time (I know low amount) for meeting spend
In my mind loosing a package is the most common issue, and I try to minize the impact, shipping 1 item at the time and using a CC that can help me in case of issues.

I have only purchased 5 item so far so good, with tracking and payment fast! but I know that loosing a package if not a matter of if but when I got a missing package, I need to work with the all the
different key actors in the handling of the package from the CC issuer, the seller, the carrier, BFMR, and still I might not be able to recover the $, but I'm optimistics that it should not be the rule of my
experience with the buying group.

Best Luck!!!
This is the best method. I only do 2-3 items at a time. Once those are received in I order 2-3 more. I would like to do more at a time but not willing to risk thousands of dollars of merchandise to be misplaced or lost and have to file claims.
jawa4life likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I had a really strange experience with BFMR now (but they have been great otherwise).
I had ordered a Dell laptop for them and they have returned it without any comment to me. I only just saw the refund on my credit card statement.
Has this happened to anybody else?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I had a really strange experience with BFMR now (but they have been great otherwise).
I had ordered a Dell laptop for them and they have returned it without any comment to me. I only just saw the refund on my credit card statement.
Has this happened to anybody else?
No yet, but I suspect that once they reach the quota they start to reject the packages and issuing refunds (good with me ) today I got an email that might explain (see below)Hey everyone,

We are closing the following deal:

· Apple MacBook Air - 2020 M1 - 13.3" 256gb

Please note we were and are only accepting this item from Costco.

Purchases from Amazon will NOT be accepted.

If you are unable to cancel your Costco order or your Costco order won't make the stated submission deadline below, kindly reach out to us.

----------

· DEAL CLOSED!

· Tracking numbers submitted after Saturday, April 24th, 2021 at 7:00 AM ET will not be accepted. No exceptions.

· We kindly ask that you stop purchasing this item and cancel all orders that have not shipped or will not have tracking numbers by the deadline.

· Any packages 1) physically received by us on Saturday, April 24th, 2021 at 7:00 AM ET or later without tracking numbers having been submitted or 2) any tracking numbers submitted after the deadline will not be accepted, no exceptions.

For any questions, reach out to us at:
[email protected]
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:21 pm

I've sent BFMR several items that ship after the close date. So far they've been good. The important thing usually is that you get them the tracking # before the close date. Also, I never order goods that don't ship fairly promptly. Always check the ship date. Amazon has been bad lately about selling inventory they expect to have 1 - 2 months down the line. I always pass on those deals.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
New-ish buying group 'Buy Get Rewards'. Any one have any feedback on this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.