Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
In case anyone from Simon corporate is reading this thread:

I had abandoned Simon for VGCs. $3.95 for a $500 debit card was too much for me. I'm very conscious of my costs, and there are less expensive avenues.

But the new $1000 VGCs have brought me back. It's still a bit more expensive, but the convenience makes Simon worth it again.

I worry about debit card fraud, and I like to change the PIN and register my VGCs for safety. Although I've never had a problem with a Simon card, I feel somewhat exposed if the PIN in the last 4. If someone picks off my card number, then they've got the PIN as well. A $1000 VGC could be an attractive target for fraudsters. However, these are Giftcardmall products, so I have just found that I can change the PIN and register my $1000 Simon cards using the Giftcardmall website.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
In case anyone from Simon corporate is reading this thread:

I had abandoned Simon for VGCs. $3.95 for a $500 debit card was too much for me. I'm very conscious of my costs, and there are less expensive avenues.

But the new $1000 VGCs have brought me back. It's still a bit more expensive, but the convenience makes Simon worth it again.

I worry about debit card fraud, and I like to change the PIN and register my VGCs for safety. Although I've never had a problem with a Simon card, I feel somewhat exposed if the PIN in the last 4. If someone picks off my card number, then they've got the PIN as well. A $1000 VGC could be an attractive target for fraudsters. However, these are Giftcardmall products, so I have just found that I can change the PIN and register my $1000 Simon cards using the Giftcardmall website.
Umm, it can be run as credit just as easily and without a PIN.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Hello!

Does MS on Delta Amex still earn miles, and count towards MQD waiver?

I had not been in my Simon Mall in a while, but when I stopped in my long-time rep was still there.
She cautioned me that another MSer had told her, that we do not earn any miles.

My priority is hitting MQD waiver threshold, but I would like the miles too.

Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Hello!

Does MS on Delta Amex still earn miles, and count towards MQD waiver?

I had not been in my Simon Mall in a while, but when I stopped in my long-time rep was still there.
She cautioned me that another MSer had told her, that we do not earn any miles.

My priority is hitting MQD waiver threshold, but I would like the miles too.

Thanks!
truth

Last edited by Chelski; Nov 18, 2019 at 7:27 pm
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Completely agree with bostonbali. And if they've seen you verify the purchase via phone or text in front of them, you would think that transaction would be more secure!

I have a pretty good relationship with my mall and the few times I've had declines, they've never let me retry that card.
not all locations will allow any flexibility..
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:32 pm

I have lost track of the bidding. Is Simon continuing to sell $1k cards past the original date of August 4? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Simon Mall is extending the ability to buy $1000 gift cards to the end of August. (I'm on their email distribution as community director. and this is very new news)
Originally Posted by tuphat
I have lost track of the bidding. Is Simon continuing to sell $1k cards past the original date of August 4? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Chelski

supposedly all Amex cards get no points/bonus status. Haven’t tried any recently but plan to in the next few months once I hit my other targets
I don't know about DL Amex. However, Hilton Amex is a no-go with SMGCs as is the Amex Plat rewards program. You get nada.
If I were a betting man, I would probably say that DL Amex would be a no-go as well, but the best way to find out is to give it a test ....and then let us know the results
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:04 am
jk2

Visited our local mall yesterday - was told that all $1K cards were pulled out on August 5. They did not extend the sale of them. Too sad.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by jk2
Visited our local mall yesterday - was told that all $1K cards were pulled out on August 5. They did not extend the sale of them. Too sad.
that doesn’t make sense, the $1k cards are exactly the same as $500 cards, they both have to be encoded with amount at POS.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:26 am
jk2

Originally Posted by tuphat

that doesn’t make sense, the $1k cards are exactly the same as $500 cards, they both have to be encoded with amount at POS.
They have lots of $500 VGCs. I asked specifically about $1K cards, and lady at customer service told me that they were instructed to remove all $1K cards, because the sale was ended.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
They have lots of $500 VGCs. I asked specifically about $1K cards, and lady at customer service told me that they were instructed to remove all $1K cards, because the sale was ended.
That seems odd, I made a 1K purchase at my Simon Mall on the 6th. They also said the promotion would last to the end of the month... So maybe you just go someone uninformed?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:54 am

Im planning to make a purchase tonight so I will find out if any of this is true.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: IHG, Hilton diamond (IHG match) SPG gold
Bought 1k yesterday. I went just before closing at guest services, my friendly clerk was short on cards (18) but couldn’t get any more because office was closed. I asked if they ran out and she didn’t think so. Next trip I’m going to call early as she suggested - to try an ensure an adequate supply. I guess she was saying they are assigned a supply per day. A different friendly mall in my old state, they sell from the office and one person has full access to the supply - but hours are much more limited FWIW
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by 808pineapple
A different friendly mall in my old state, they sell from the office and one person has full access to the supply - but hours are much more limited FWIW
That’s how it is for the one by me. They don’t have a rack that you grab the cards from. You go into the office and they have them behind the counter. The cards don’t come individually packaged like vanillas, and there is no amount listed. They just say Simon Gift Card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.