Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:28 am
ogg

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Back a year ago when you last used the Simon retail site most portals did pay cashback. Now, most of the portals do not.
What portals do pay cashback now?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:57 am

Haven't made any purchase in GCM in over a year
After reading through recent posts here, so I don't have ebates CC nor rakuten CC, I can still get 1% cash back through ebates and rakuten portal on GCM purchase using my own cc, correct?
And if I use MR version of rakuten account, I get 1 MR per dollar spent on GCM, right?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by mango305
Haven't made any purchase in GCM in over a year
After reading through recent posts here, so I don't have ebates CC nor rakuten CC, I can still get 1% cash back through ebates and rakuten portal on GCM purchase using my own cc, correct?
And if I use MR version of rakuten account, I get 1 MR per dollar spent on GCM, right?
Yes to both questions.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:00 pm

Simon GC

What credit cards have people been using for the Simon Gift Cards, and anybody have any data points on how much spending before Chase starts to question your spending account?

Also, anybody try the Rakuten Credit Card with AMEX MR? Has anyone gotten the 4x MR points with GCM thru Rakuten with that card?
mwstahly likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by History05
What credit cards have people been using for the Simon Gift Cards, and anybody have any data points on how much spending before Chase starts to question your spending account?

Also, anybody try the Rakuten Credit Card with AMEX MR? Has anyone gotten the 4x MR points with GCM thru Rakuten with that card?
Yes, the eb@tes card earns 1x on the VGC amount + 3x MR on the total purchase. But good luck getting a high credit limit as they are stingy as hell with allowing anything considerable.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:06 am

That's what I've heard. Some people have said they get credit limits of $3k-$5k initially, and then it quickly gets reduced to amounts like $600 with no explanation. Also that it's very difficult to even get approved for the card, regardless if you have 800+ scores and perfect credit history.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:19 am

So basically we can buy one VGC and maybe cycle credit one to get 2-3 in a month. It's not exactly a churnable card like was initially predicted and you could be better off just getting a different card with an actual bonus as opposed to using a 5/24 slot if you are worried about that.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:16 pm

That's what I've heard. Some people have said they get credit limits of $3k-$5k initially, and then it quickly gets reduced to amounts like $600 with no explanation.
Interesting, mine was actually increased by 50% from the initial 5k approval, and I've been cycling since the very beginning.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:34 pm

How hard was it to get approved for the card initially?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
I have the eb@tes card and have been goig back and forth on whether I should b earning MR or just cash back. You could essentially make $13 per gc through WM with cash back. But I also feel like I could get more value with the 2000 MR earned for each gc.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: UR and MR
Originally Posted by merice107107
I have the eb@tes card and have been goig back and forth on whether I should b earning MR or just cash back. You could essentially make $13 per gc through WM with cash back. But I also feel like I could get more value with the 2000 MR earned for each gc.
I had the same dilemma as well. Cash is cash but with MR, I can get more value out of it. I guess if you have trips coming up, MR will be more valuable. If not, nothing wrong with getting cash. either way, you are coming out ahead
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:00 am

That's what I've heard. Some people have said they get credit limits of $3k-$5k initially, and then it quickly gets reduced to amounts like $600 with no explanation. Also that it's very difficult to even get approved for the card, regardless if you have 800+ scores and perfect credit history.
got approved with 6k limit. kinda disappointed in that. Debating whether to hit it hard or thread lightly for now if getting a reduced CL with no explanation is true..
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by ToastedSi
I had the same dilemma as well. Cash is cash but with MR, I can get more value out of it. I guess if you have trips coming up, MR will be more valuable. If not, nothing wrong with getting cash. either way, you are coming out ahead
Glad I'm not the same one struggling with this. I don't have any trips in the immediate future so I think I'll do my account as MR and my wife's cash. That way I'm getting a little of both.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:26 am

Glad I'm not the same one struggling with this. I don't have any trips in the immediate future so I think I'll do my account as MR and my wife's cash. That way I'm getting a little of both.
Lucky to have P2 flexibility haha
merice107107 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:51 pm

just cash out the MR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.