Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
They could've come up with a better story, since they use the same stock for any denom.
On second thought, it doesn't matter as long as they're seriously fixing the loading issue.
It is true that these cards are processed/printed out aft our orders, but GCM does this through a third party vendor. If they say they have had issues regarding sending orders to Blackhawk Network or BN processing their orders, it is possible GCM might be temporarily lowering the denomination to $250 to stave off big money orders until things get cleared up.

I'd advise waiting for a few days to see what happens, it's not like we're losing our money or anything.

Last edited by NoonRadar; May 23, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
All of you meeting minimum spend from an obvious gift card vendor haven't had any issues doing so? Are you brave MS souls doing this with Chase also?
Ha. I literally have only used GCM/GC for my SW CP qualification on my Chase SW Premier Card. No other spend on the card other than those two vendors. $75K through a few days ago.

Again, I hate 5/24.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:28 pm

Also I wouldn't advise calling GCM for the cashback from TCB or other portals. Obviously they know they are paying money via portals but there's no reason to poke the bear so to speak. It could have negative effects for us if an issue gets escalated to higher GCM management because of this, whether abt the percentage or volume of money they are paying to GCM or due to calls they keep getting from us abt it, or other reasons.

These are automated systems that track back to TCB/portals when an order is processed and ultimately the portal is responsible for the cash back we get as far as we/customers are concerned, not GCM/GC.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:23 pm

$250 VGC Max?

Just checked GCM and they only have $250s available. Can anyone else verify?
this is a bigger blow than when CB portals switched to 1%
Old May 23, 2017, 10:17 pm

Spiral1, thanks for calling GCM and clarifying for us all.

Originally Posted by outasflyguy
Just checked GCM and they only have $250s available. Can anyone else verify?
this is a bigger blow than when CB portals switched to 1%
Maybe spend 2 minutes to read upthread since others might have already posted about it, instead of just firing a quick question here as if to your secretary on a very busy day? @:-)
Old May 24, 2017, 5:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Lappie
Ha. SW CP?

Ive been needing to do $110k this year, in addition to normal other stuff. Ive done $75k through the past few months when the TCB was at 2%.

With the Chase 5/24 .. my options for the SW CP are limited.
3person team
-Hilton diamond ms
-chase British airways 20k spend on 2 cards
-multiple Amex Hilton to to Hilton surpass 100k upgrades
-3 at a time Citi aa plat select - every 30-45 days

That is just for the coming few months.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
All of you meeting minimum spend from an obvious gift card vendor haven't had any issues doing so? Are you brave MS souls doing this with Chase also?
Every Citi card.
Every non-MR Amex card
Every non-UR chase card
BOA Alaska
Old May 24, 2017, 7:46 am

GCM now has VGC only up to 250$ 😳

Man this is going to cramp my style. Is everyone getting this and do we know if it is a permanent change?
Old May 24, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott LT Titanium
Talking Yazing missing tracking with GCM

Originally Posted by josh1573
I'd been using Yazing for the last couples of weeks with GCM without issues; however the last 3 orders that I placed last week with the GCM using Yazing have not been tracking
upon reading of similar issues with the TCB in this forum, I will open a ticket with Yazing today and I will report back...
I contacted Yazing to report two orders that didn't track; the orders were placed on May 16, 17 with the GCM. Yazing replied today that they found the orders and gave me 2% on the two
Old May 24, 2017, 9:42 am
Suspended

Anyone knows why I am getting the message error? I see the pending charge on my amex but the order doesn't go through. I called them and they said must be a glitch in the website try again. I did and same result.

"This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections. "
Old May 24, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Anyone knows why I am getting the message error? I see the pending charge on my amex but the order doesn't go through. I called them and they said must be a glitch in the website try again. I did and same result.

"This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections. "
It happens to me a couple of times a month. Sometimes I switch to a different browser. Sometimes I wait a day or two. But it usually goes through. Since you can only do $15,000 per 30 days, waiting a few days isn't any opportunity lost.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by josh1573
I contacted Yazing to report two orders that didn't track; the orders were placed on May 16, 17 with the GCM. Yazing replied today that they found the orders and gave me 2% on the two
Nice, I'm wondering when I should file the missing claim with TCB. I know if I do it will track at 1%. Guess I'll wait another few days to see if it tracks on it's own at 2%. Not optimistic though but at the same time won't be ordering any $250s obviously so no rush.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Nicole Cook
Man this is going to cramp my style. Is everyone getting this and do we know if it is a permanent change?
No need to freak out unless its like this a week from now. Very odd, but not unprecedented. They used to sell 500 Five Backs and then went down to 75... Given everything is screwed up with CB right now I'm guessing its all interrelated. Hopefully, its not permanent as this would be the death nail for me and GCM.

Side note: 7K order did not track on Monday. Will wait a couple more days and put in a ticket.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:50 pm

Spiral1, thanks for calling GCM and clarifying for us all.

Maybe spend 2 minutes to read upthread since others might have already posted about it, instead of just firing a quick question here as if to your secretary on a very busy day? @:-)

Sorry was so busy yesterday and was on mobile when I posted, so I did not read carefully.

This sucks. Also, as a DP, my 1% portal isn't tracking as of 5/18.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I'm a bit hesitant to file a tcb claim...if this thread is being read, it could lead to unintended consequences perhaps. Would prefer to fly under the radar.

I would say one thing though to everyone, while you might have the desire to call (and I appreciate the info you gave Spiral1), IMHO you should never call and bring any attention to anything related to that which we do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.