Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
I'm sure it will eventually track at least at 1%, if not we'd file and get at least that much back. But the pause could be--just speculating here--because GCM saw a sudden influx of a particular VGC + noticed that it keeps paying 2% at TCB while the rest of the VGCs are 1%, so someone at GCM hit the pause button on this product to look into this and make a decision. Let's hope it continues to flow at 2% whether or not this is the case.
Probably. And this is why any of the truly good tricks need to be kept secret. As much as I'm sure many of us would be happy to discuss certain things publicly on the forums, we just can't if we want the avenue to survive. Real shame.
Old May 20, 2017, 4:14 pm

If someone wants to test the theory, try a small order (like 1 or 2) of other VGCs and see if it tracks as regularly. If it doesn't, GCM has prob hit the pause on all VGCs.
Old May 20, 2017, 4:19 pm

If someone wants to test the theory, try a small order (like 1 or 2) of other VGCs and see if it tracks as regularly. If it doesn't, GCM has prob hit the pause on all VGCs.
Just did. Ordered a few regular VGCs to see if they track at 1% as expected. Should have the TCB notification by tomorrow if working properly.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by brody24
Probably. And this is why any of the truly good tricks need to be kept secret. As much as I'm sure many of us would be happy to discuss certain things publicly on the forums, we just can't if we want the avenue to survive. Real shame.
Would be nice to be in a private group where everyone is trusted.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Would be nice to be in a private group where everyone is trusted.
Yeah. There's already a few private MS forums from what I understand though I don't know much about them, I haven't really inquired in part because I'm not sure if the added value would make it worth the while, assuming one can join in. Maybe people that already participate in them can comment about the value and the type of deals (in general terms, since they obviously won't want to reveal details).

Just did. Ordered a few regular VGCs to see if they track at 1% as expected. Should have the TCB notification by tomorrow if working properly.
Thanks.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:42 pm

Yeah. There's already a few private MS forums from what I understand though I don't know much about them, I haven't really inquired in part because I'm not sure if the added value would make it worth the while, assuming one can join in. Maybe people that already participate in them can comment about the value and the type of deals (in general terms, since they obviously won't want to reveal details).

Thanks.
Small, private, and trusted group is unfortunately the only way this topic can truly be discussed in a productive way. What we see on the public forum is only the tip of the iceberg. And its a shame. On the few occasions where I came upon a sweet loophole that was truly unknown or close to unknown, my first inclination is to share with everyone out of excitement. And then I come to my senses and realize that doing that will kill it for everyone. I'll bet many on here feel the same way, and would love to share openly if we could.

If only we could get invited to one of those private MS forums...
Old May 20, 2017, 9:31 pm

Just putting it out there, I'm totally cool with anyone extending me an invitation to their private groups
Old May 20, 2017, 10:01 pm

The best content is via direct communications. Most private groups with over 50 people tend to be roughly the same as FT but without tons of spammy posts/bad attitudes. The general intelligence and quality of discourse is higher.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL
Most private groups with over 50 people tend to be roughly the same as FT but without tons of spammy posts/bad attitudes.
What about the nr and quality of deals that don't surface publicly? Or are you saying there isn't much different in that respect either vs FT/public forums?
Old May 21, 2017, 8:32 am

While I agree that discussions in private groups may be better in quality and content depending on what your interest is. IME, the app groups, of which there are many can be very useful but for me, if there are like 20++ in there with only 3 or 4 posting their discoveries while the rest are just confirming if it works or not for them, I don't find it fulfilling. The moderator sets an agreement you have to read and agree before you gain access. You also have to agree that they can boot you anytime for inactivity and other reasons based on his/her discretion. Yes, membership to these groups are mostly by invites but unless you can vouch 100% for a particular person whom you know only online, you don't really know them at all. Even in app groups, the DIY finder of deals open a room with just 3, max of 5 for extremely fragile deals. You'll know there's secret discussions there if you're in the main room with 50+ but not in special rooms. This is to secure a deal with not get killed instantly once 50 people or more get hold of the info. We cannot control what other people do even if we beg them to please do it in moderation. No such thing, they'll do their own thing; I don't mind if they're also contributing something useful but for many who are just "eating off the buffet" and happen to have the right connections to be in a private group, it's not enough they're online 24/7, they should find something to contribute or else they're out. In other words, your 100% attendance does not count for your worthiness to be part of the group. This is the part that is fair, but at the same time it's also stressful if you can't find anything of value except to confirm whether something shared worked or not.

I just connect with a few I've known over the years that I've learned to trust via app groups they opened. The mod really makes sure the members are not just "chuwariwap guys/gals" who don't research/go out of their way to find something useful to everyone. So far, so good. In other words, before they even invite you, they already know you're capabilities based on your online presence in other sites. AFAIK, there's no room for snarks.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I am open to an invitation.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:23 am

Update DP: Placed a small order for regular, premade VGCs yesterday just to see if that would track at the proper 1%. Have gotten no TCB tracking notification so far and no record of it on TCB. I usually get TCB notifications the next morning for GCM purchases. So it sounds like its an issue with GCM tracking as a whole, and not with any particular product. Not sure what, if anything, to read into that.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
Originally Posted by cashcyclone
when the status changes to processed they show up on TCB next day
The only thing I hate about this is the HIT OR MISS crap with Walmart. Depending on who is behind the counter, your $4,000 Grant hangs on their line.

Simons --- Nahhhh.... They don't fly unless you get a newby taking care of your transaction.

GCM --- Sometimes,, they take it,,, sometimes they simply don't know and tell you that they are not sure. (either way, they are skeptical, and tell you no.)

**** So I crafting a new and creative way to make it happen....

Involves closing and opening accounts every three months with 50,000 Offers where you don't need to cycle as much and get better bang for your bucks.

Mwah peeps!!!! --- Keep'um coming. LOL
Old May 21, 2017, 11:50 am

Update DP: Placed a small order for regular, premade VGCs yesterday just to see if that would track at the proper 1%. Have gotten no TCB tracking notification so far and no record of it on TCB. I usually get TCB notifications the next morning for GCM purchases. So it sounds like its an issue with GCM tracking as a whole, and not with any particular product. Not sure what, if anything, to read into that.
Not sure, because it takes a business day to track normally. I think by the EOD tomorrow we should have a clearer idea. We know it's a GCM issue but we don't know why. We did have a similar issue back in January. They cleared that up though.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:11 pm

What about other portals? Is it only TCB not tracking since the 15th or all portals for GCM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.