Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 11:20 am
Suspended

Max denom is $250? I must be missing something as they seem a bit expensive?
Old May 23, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Oh wow this is a new change. Coincidence they change the max to $250 shortly after portals stop paying out?
Old May 23, 2017, 11:47 am

Where are you seeing $250 for max?
Old May 23, 2017, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Whoa, that is new. Disturbing. I have 70k of min spend still do and this will put a serious crimp in my style.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Where are you seeing $250 for max?
Just pick any vgc and try enter $500 for the amount and it won't let you. Says $10 - $250 max. I did however just call GCM in regards to my orders I placed on the 15th & 16th and the lady told me they had a problem last week with orders not being redirected to their fulfilment center and as a result they would not be shipping until tonight. Maybe the portal will track once they ship?

I also asked about $500 being unavailable and the lady told me they are out of stock and $500 denom will be available again in a few days. We'll see.

EDIT:

For clarification, the main purpose of my call was to get the shipping date of my order. Didn't mention anything about topcashback.

Last edited by Spiral1; May 24, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Spiral1
...I also asked about $500 being unavailable and the lady told me they are out of stock...
They could've come up with a better story, since they use the same stock for any denom.
On second thought, it doesn't matter as long as they're seriously fixing the loading issue.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:50 pm

Just pick any vgc and try enter $500 for the amount and it won't let you. Says $10 - $250 max. I did however just call GCM in regards to my orders I placed on the 15th & 16th and the lady told me they had a problem last week with orders not being redirected to their fulfilment center and as a result they would not be shipping until tonight. Maybe the portal will track once they ship?

I also asked about $500 being unavailable and the lady told me they are out of stock and $500 denom will be available again in a few days. We'll see.
This is crazy. Putting a $250 cap on VGC will make things difficult when liquidating at WM. As if swiping 4x for $2000 MO is not difficult enough with certain cashiers.

I hope this is not permanent.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:55 pm

I was able to put the custom one, $500 on my cart
Old May 23, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
They could've come up with a better story, since they use the same stock for any denom.
On second thought, it doesn't matter as long as they're seriously fixing the loading issue.

I wouldn't exactly count on the word of a CSR saying they'll be back up for $500s anytime soon, for the reason you just mentioned of design having nothing to do with denomination. No coincidence that GCM delayed portal tracking.

Last edited by DeltaNeutral28; May 23, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I wouldn't exactly count on the word of a CSR saying they'll be back up for $500s anytime soon, for the reason you just mentioned of design having nothing to do with denomination. No coincident that GCM delayed portal tracking.
see my post above, custom one still lets you add $500 to cart
Old May 23, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Deleted

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Jun 5, 2017 at 11:47 am
Old May 23, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
"The Sky is Falling"
Only time will tell.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Whoa, that is new. Disturbing. I have 70k of min spend still do and this will put a serious crimp in my style.
And I thought I opened a lot of CCs!
Old May 23, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I have 70k of min spend still do
Ha. SW CP?

Ive been needing to do $110k this year, in addition to normal other stuff. Ive done $75k through the past few months when the TCB was at 2%.

With the Chase 5/24 .. my options for the SW CP are limited.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:42 pm

All of you meeting minimum spend from an obvious gift card vendor haven't had any issues doing so? Are you brave MS souls doing this with Chase also?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.