Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Spiral1
Orders under 2k have free shipping as said in the Wiki.
$1999 still incurs shipping charges, $1998 does not.
3 x $500 + $498 is what I do for every order.
JCD
Old May 16, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
$1999 still incurs shipping charges, $1998 does not.
3 x $500 + $498 is what I do for every order.
JCD
Thats clever. How do you remember not to swipe $500 for that card? You write 498 somewhere on the front as a reminder? I could see myself mixing it up with all others in my pocket, and then accidentally trying to deduct $500 from it.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by brody24
Thats clever. How do you remember not to swipe $500 for that card? You write 498 somewhere on the front as a reminder? I could see myself mixing it up with all others in my pocket, and then accidentally trying to deduct $500 from it.
GCM ones actually have the amount printed below your name on the front of the card so it's easy to keep track of.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Seriously? Did you just ask for tips on how to remember which card has what balance?
Old May 16, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Seriously? Did you just ask for tips on how to remember which card has what balance?
I usually use GC.com, where the card doesn't list the number on the front. Forgot that GCM actually says the number.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:17 pm

I also find it helpful to call info for every card and customize the PIN. It takes ~39 seconds per card after some practice.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I also find it helpful to call info for every card and customize the PIN. It takes ~39 seconds per card after some practice.
What do you mean by "call info for every card"?

I agree with changing pin. Looks really odd when someone needs to stare at their card to "remember" their pin. By having the pin pre-set to a code you know, you can pocket the card immediately upon swiping. Plus, it makes it so that, if someone managed to steal your cards, you have at least some time buffer to have the cards cancelled or put a stop on them.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:56 pm

When you call the contact number from the card's backside, the system will provide the balance. If you're happy with that, just proceed to option 5 (PIN). When you know the prompts, you don't need to wait for them -- so the whole process hardly takes any time.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; May 20, 2017 at 9:11 pm Reason: fix quote format
Old May 16, 2017, 3:02 pm

Recently moved to new address. All 3 orders got approved and then canceled.

Any clue to fix this?

Originally Posted by vodafone
Tried twice yesterday got denied, today first approval and canceled.

Highly feel it is a blacklisted.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by vodafone
Recently moved to new address. All 3 orders got approved and then canceled.

Any clue to fix this?
I'm in the same boat. However my first two orders were approved and shipped but my last 4 orders got approved and then cancelled. I recently changed address.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:55 am

I agree with changing pin. Looks really odd when someone needs to stare at their card to "remember" their pin. By having the pin pre-set to a code you know, you can pocket the card immediately upon swiping. Plus, it makes it so that, if someone managed to steal your cards, you have at least some time buffer to have the cards cancelled or put a stop on them.
It cracks me up people still think having a different pin gives any security whatsoever. You can just use them as credit.
Old May 18, 2017, 6:58 am

Placed an order on 5/16 and another on 5/17. Have not gotten the TCB notification for either purchase. Usually get it the next morning. Anyone else having issues? Best to contact TCB to put in a claim?
Old May 18, 2017, 7:42 am

Placed an order on 5/16 and another on 5/17. Have not gotten the TCB notification for either purchase. Usually get it the next morning. Anyone else having issues? Best to contact TCB to put in a claim?
My orders on those days also haven't tracked yet. Just gonna wait a few days to see if they show up.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:44 am

I also put in an order on 5/16, no tracking. Best to wait a few more days,
Old May 18, 2017, 8:16 am

Same here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.