Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 9:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Brave of you to start the cards right of the bet (min spend) with obvious online MS at GCM (or GC). I take you haven't had any problems so far. Hope they never look, especially if you doing GCM min spend on multiple cards per bank at a time.

Or am I being unnecessarily overcautious?

I am doing min spend and MS at GCM on:

1) Citi cards
2) Citi cards
3) citi cards ;-)

Also on Amex cobrand cards (hilton surpass).

After hearing a few of the amex shut down stories, I have intentionally not done GCM on Amex cards that earn MR. Since we are sitting 6 digits of MR points in each of our accounts I don't want to endanger those.

In fact, I think it is better to have GCM be the first transaction to hit your card. I have over the recent years had way too many times where I take the card in my pocket to work, buy lunch or something, then go to by a VGC and it is denied due to fraud alert. Consistently I hear the fraud reps say that the computer recognizes the small charge followed by a large charge as a pattern of fraudulent use that happens as someone tests to see if a card works and then hits it hard.

After that multiple time, I NEVER charge something small to begin with. ALWAYS a large charge (over 500) and haven't ever had an issue.

3k order for Citi plat select aa and boom, min spend done.

Unfortunately, a recent round of apps yielded a citi busines plat select with a credit line of 2k. So I did a 1998-1999 order, pushed payment, and a week later submitted next order of 1999 to finish off min spend.

I haven't had any new Chase cards in awhile and have never ordered from GCM with a chase card. We have two Chase British Airways Avios 100k offer cards coming with 20k spend needed per card. I intend to do the first 3k (yields 50k avios) order per card, have statement close and post to avios (so can't be denied or revoked) and then begin doing 4k orders at a time until I reach 20k for the full 100k avios.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Order placed yesterday just tracked at 2%
What are you doing that the rest of us aren't? My May 1 and May 3 orders both tracked at 1%, like everyone else (aside from you).
Old May 4, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by brody24
What are you doing that the rest of us aren't? My May 1 and May 3 orders both tracked at 1%, like everyone else (aside from you).
Are you pure of heart like me?
Old May 4, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Are you pure of heart like me?
Well that explains it, then...
Old May 4, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by brody24
Well that explains it, then...
Nah, I don't think there is any secret: I use MS Edge* exclusively to buy customized VGCs at GCM through TCBs.

*This post is not sponsored, endorsed or affiliated with Microsoft.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:22 am

Is it a certain card?

JCD, what specific card are you ordering?
Old May 4, 2017, 11:25 am

Custom

Last edited by Java Cool Dude; May 6, 2017 at 10:04 am
Old May 4, 2017, 12:33 pm

Java Dude, In the screenshot from March 23, 2017 you have a few "declined" orders from Neiman Marcus. The screenshot from yesterday shows that you haven't had any declined orders. It looks like you've edited the screenshots.

I don't believe that you're getting a different rate than anyone else.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
LOL!!!
Old May 4, 2017, 12:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Zgirl
Java Dude, In the screenshot from March 23, 2017 you have a few "declined" orders from Neiman Marcus. The screenshot from yesterday shows that you haven't had any declined orders. It looks like you've edited the screenshots.

Are you serious or just being a troll? It is obvious the recent screenshot is cropped to only show the last few rows and the declined neiman marcus items were from jan 19 ... o.0

Get it?
Old May 4, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Zgirl

Old May 4, 2017, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Calendars, how do they work?
Old May 4, 2017, 3:12 pm

You just edited the screenshot again to add the Neiman Marcus. Also, I don't believe that the baby in the picture is really you.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by sbft77
You just edited the screenshot again to add the Neiman Marcus. Also, I don't believe that the baby in the picture is really you.
You got me there!
Old May 4, 2017, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I am doing min spend and MS at GCM on:

1) Citi cards
2) Citi cards
3) citi cards ;-)

Also on Amex cobrand cards (hilton surpass).

After hearing a few of the amex shut down stories, I have intentionally not done GCM on Amex cards that earn MR. Since we are sitting 6 digits of MR points in each of our accounts I don't want to endanger those.

In fact, I think it is better to have GCM be the first transaction to hit your card. I have over the recent years had way too many times where I take the card in my pocket to work, buy lunch or something, then go to by a VGC and it is denied due to fraud alert. Consistently I hear the fraud reps say that the computer recognizes the small charge followed by a large charge as a pattern of fraudulent use that happens as someone tests to see if a card works and then hits it hard.

After that multiple time, I NEVER charge something small to begin with. ALWAYS a large charge (over 500) and haven't ever had an issue.

3k order for Citi plat select aa and boom, min spend done.

Unfortunately, a recent round of apps yielded a citi busines plat select with a credit line of 2k. So I did a 1998-1999 order, pushed payment, and a week later submitted next order of 1999 to finish off min spend.

I haven't had any new Chase cards in awhile and have never ordered from GCM with a chase card. We have two Chase British Airways Avios 100k offer cards coming with 20k spend needed per card. I intend to do the first 3k (yields 50k avios) order per card, have statement close and post to avios (so can't be denied or revoked) and then begin doing 4k orders at a time until I reach 20k for the full 100k avios.
Thanks for the details.

Def a valid point to start with a large transaction to avoid fraud freezing, but GCM and GC at several $K/pop is obvious MS-type activity with gift cards due to repeat such transactions. My thought is that new accounts are more likely to be looked at by a human even if you've had accounts with that bank before. Not to say that if they look it will be the end, but I'd think it ups the risk of someone digging further on your activity and taking action or reporting it elsewhere within.

Having said that, I don't recall seeing many data points showing bank-wide shutdowns simply for buying gift cards without other factors involved like cycling credit, multiple payment sources or doing walmart billpay.

You must have hit Citi pretty card to get such low CL. Was it the first business card with them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.