Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.
The 2018 thread is here.

THIS IS A WIKI FOR AND OLD THREAD AND IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All WM registers allow 4 debit swipes per transaction, but YMMV per store and cashier. Refer to cards as debit.

-Visas issued by MetaBank work great. Pin is last 4 digits
-MC issued by US bank work good, but you need to change payment type to debit before they enter the amount in the register. Swipe and hit "Cancel" or "Change Payment" to select "Debit" on the screen and have them enter amount and then enter the pin. Pin in packaging.
-Any Vanilla product affiliated with InComm or ITC Financial Services will not work for swipes > $49.99.

NO variety or design of VISA or MC Gebit's will ever auto-drain at Walmart.

The amount of each swipe needs to be entered by the cashier. Ask to "split the payment by $$$". The Gebit must have current balance of that amount or more otherwise slip with Error 51 will print out. Warning: (YMMV) It appears (my experience on 3 occasions during prepaid card load and buying MO in 2 different WMs) that after the debit card was charged no cash could be credited back to the card. Cashier should issue cash back. Keep the slip and contact manager if in doubt. Remember date, time and register if no slip.

You cannot successfully swipe more than 4 cards in a single transaction. If the cashier screws up and enters $50.00 instead of $500.00 (thus making it impossible for 4 swipes to complete the transaction), the transaction will need to be canceled. The funds should return to your cards right away but may take 24 hours, so note the time and person helping you.

MO fee is usually 70 cents each. Subtract from your total or pay in cash.

Start slow and buy one MO to see how it works. Your store or cashier may work different and have rules that other store do not have.

Very few Kate's can sell money orders anymore.

Debit codes PDF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...0&d=1461170080
Print Wikipost

Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:19 pm

GD worked for me at 8:51AM PST. 2 X 999.30 4 swipes.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:10 pm

Just got rid of metas from staples
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:30 pm

4x500 Metas worked fine for me just now. Were you doing split tender? My guess is cashier error.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bodiddely
4x500 Metas worked fine for me just now. Were you doing split tender? My guess is cashier error.
Same here
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:02 pm

Had to be an error. Used several Meta a few hours ago.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:13 pm

Used a couple metas earlier today no problem
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:44 am

It has happened at least twice for me while doing split tender of 4 GDVGCs that "credit to debit" flashed on my screen before getting APPROVED and balance re-calculated. I held my breath until the last card was approved although cashier told the CSM nearby that the register was 'wonky' saying it 'thinks' debit cards are credit cards. I just hope there are no SW upgrades to reject GCs with default PIN. I didn't see this with re-loading of prepaids.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:12 pm

i had an episode today that happened to me for the 1st time using a GC.com Visa GC, i went to WM to get an MO and the register was too slow so the authorization timed out, we tried another register and it gave me a error for " no available fund" or no sufficient fund, i called GC.com and they told me the 1st transaction went through and drained the money, i told them it didn't and after going back and forth the CSR said i should file dispute, and he will email me the forms (never got them, so i will call back), i went inside of walmart and i asked them to close the register and count it to see if it show an overage of the GC amount, they agreed, the money didn't show and the register balanced. i am wondering if any had an experience similar and what advice they have.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Never mind, itwas just a YMMV thing and for most it probably wouldnt be of any value, so deleted it as per a few requests so it doesnt die fast

Last edited by craz; Jan 30, 2017 at 5:07 am
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:35 pm

Quick question: will any prepaid card that can be swiped as Debit with a PIN work for these transactions? Just got a citi branded prepaid card and want to use that, but I've only done VGC before.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by el aye
Quick question: will any prepaid card that can be swiped as Debit with a PIN work for these transactions? Just got a citi branded prepaid card and want to use that, but I've only done VGC before.
should be fine unless it's somehow backed by Vanilla. back in the Kate days I loaded a Citi rebate card to my BB.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by el aye
I have done other prepaid cards in the past. You will have to try it and see if it works. Make sure you have a backup card in case it doesn't.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:44 pm

Are the US bank visa gebits with the cupcakes on the front good to go for MO at WM?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
Are the US bank visa gebits with the cupcakes on the front good to go for MO at WM?
yes they are, and have been since the Christmas season.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by carlitos
yes they are, and have been since the Christmas season.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.