Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The 2018 discussion can be found here.

When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2017 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
yes, I referred to that time. I wonder if it is over or not (accounts closure)- I have healthy balance of flexperks and don't want to lose them.
there is only one healthy balance of flexperks.
zero.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Originally Posted by jk2
Strange thing happened - applied for US Bank Altitude card - went for manual review. At the same evening my cards stopped working (flexperks busn and personal). Called them (thought it might be a fraud alert) - was told that account under review and somebody will call. Nobody called, but 2 cards (club carlson personal and business disappeared from my online account, flexperks cards are still there). I heard that US bank doesn't like to give more cards if sufficient CL is given. I wonder would it be a total shutdown?
Oh great. You apply for a new card, and they shut down your other cards while in process!
Old May 2, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by jk2
yes, I referred to that time. I wonder if it is over or not (accounts closure)- I have healthy balance of flexperks and don't want to lose them.
I would redeem them ASAP
Old May 2, 2017, 10:02 pm

Shutdown last month by Digital Federal Credit Union. Account open 3 months. $10k-$13k per month of MO deposits. Bank said transactions were consistent with MS so I was getting shut down.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Originally Posted by MDsteve
Shutdown last month by Digital Federal Credit Union. Account open 3 months. $10k-$13k per month of MO deposits. Bank said transactions were consistent with MS so I was getting shut down.
Too bad. Tell them MS is perfectly legitimate spend and what they should be looking for is money laundering or something illegal.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by worldtravels
Too bad. Tell them MS is perfectly legitimate spend and what they should be looking for is money laundering or something illegal.
I can pretty much guarantee you that they don't care.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by worldtravels
Why would they care about what some shady-seeming customer thinks about what other kinds of shady-seeming activity they should be looking out for?
Old May 4, 2017, 6:59 am
jk2

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I would redeem them ASAP
It seems late now... I can access account but cannot redeem it - get error " you cannot redeem" or something like that...
Old May 4, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Did they actually use the phrase "manufactured spending"?

Have we heard other CSRs actually say that phrase? Its usually "suspicious activity" or "activity inconsistent with our terms"
Old May 4, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
DCU mentions it explicitly.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Sure did. Seemed like a generic form letter that they sent to many people. Now I have 97 blank checks that are useless .
Old May 4, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
R.I.P Bi-Lo Plenti 3x Pts .... looks like they finally updated the systems for variable load purchases. This was a money maker for a few weeks.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by MYRflyer
R.I.P Bi-Lo Plenti 3x Pts .... looks like they finally updated the systems for variable load purchases. This was a money maker for a few weeks.
Yeah, it was pretty crazy getting 6.5% when stacking this with a Wells Fargo card... too bad they caught on.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by dealhunter32
Yeah, it was pretty crazy getting 6.5% when stacking this with a Wells Fargo card... too bad they caught on.
Earning $15.10 in Plenti rewards for every $1,007 purchase + 6,042 HHonors Pts
Old May 4, 2017, 6:08 pm

Did you had countable Organic transactions along with MS deposits?

Last edited by anagoree; May 5, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.