Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The 2018 discussion can be found here.

When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2017 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:45 pm

1. SHUTdn by Bank, USB
2. Length of account before closure and CL? ~1 year
3. Volume of ms per month and how many months? <20K 12
4. Cycle CL? N/A
5. Did you BP using both options? N/A
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC

Got a letter in the mail, interesting that I made a teller deposit today and didn't say anything. They are giving like 2 weeks so guess I can up it next week
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA gold
I logged into my favorite Alliant CU and found my checking account got axed right after I came back from my vacation.
When I asked the reason behind this closure, the rep cannot give me anything but some user agreement bs. Basically, she meant they have the right to close my account at any time. My saving account wasn't closed, however. Rep said this closure is final decision.
ACU was my sweet spot and I had a quite large volume. Too bad I had to find next spot,
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Anyone experienced shutdown from US Bank on their Flexperks for trying to max out 3x category?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by ezakipocky
I logged into my favorite Alliant CU and found my checking account got axed right after I came back from my vacation.
When I asked the reason behind this closure, the rep cannot give me anything but some user agreement bs. Basically, she meant they have the right to close my account at any time. My saving account wasn't closed, however. Rep said this closure is final decision.
ACU was my sweet spot and I had a quite large volume. Too bad I had to find next spot,
Sorry to heard that, question when you said "quite large volume", do you mean 10K, 20K, 30K or more a month?, were you using online or ATM deposit?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:41 am

They will shut down your savings as well, it just takes a little longer. They typically give a warning to stop - I'm guessing your volume was pretty heavy then?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:50 am

How were you depositing MOs and at what monthly volume?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:43 pm

To all above. Somewhere between 30 and 50 each month. All mobile deposit. Have to say I loved their app. So friendly to use.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by bar19900
They will shut down your savings as well, it just takes a little longer. They typically give a warning to stop - I'm guessing your volume was pretty heavy then?
What kind of warning? By phone or letter? Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:56 pm

To all above. Somewhere between 30 and 50 each month. All mobile deposit. Have to say I loved their app. So friendly to use.
That doesn't help us without knowing a dollar amount for each MO. How much money, in a dollar amount, did you run through Alliant? We don't need exact numbers, anything close is fine.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:32 pm

What kind of warning? By phone or letter? Thanks.
letter
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:20 pm

It seems CUs are catching up. First closer report from DCU and now Alliant CU.
Diversification is name of the game. I benchmark not to exceed more then 4k MO deposit per month to remain under radar.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by anagoree
It seems CUs are catching up. First closer report from DCU and now Alliant CU.
Diversification is name of the game. I benchmark not to exceed more then 4k MO deposit per month to remain under radar.
where u do get that number?
u r under the radar until u aren't.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian
Did you try to reopen? Is this one blacklist me?
I tried to reopen when their was a bonus and that was immediately shutdown last year.

When they merged with Merit bank, my Merit account was closed.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: okay
I was not, so obviously that didn't help!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:53 am

My UFB Direct account was closed after about 18 months and not very high volume. Less than 3k in MO per month. All deposited by MO. They sent me a letter saying it would be closed and that I have 30 days to get my funds withdrawn, which was only a few bucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.