FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812972-amex-serve-master-thread-2017-2023-a.html)

sponge_gto Mar 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by 12HRS (Post 28024792)
I have not seen any data of people being shutdown being able to reopen. Can you provide data points?

Oh boy, that was way back.. Shortly after the first wave on 1/8/16. From memory, some people mentioned on the 2016 thread that they managed to reopen, some of those reported being shut down in the subsequent waves. Haven't heard anything recently :(

tkel1 Mar 12, 2017 10:21 pm

I don't have a family dollar, dollar general, or walmart within a half hour of me. Any other options for loading serve fee-free?

Roefastford Mar 13, 2017 1:52 am

Originally Posted by tkel1 (Post 28028719)
I don't have a family dollar, dollar general, or walmart within a half hour of me. Any other options for loading serve fee-free?

You can load on line for free funding by debit card up to $1000 per month and $200 per day or $1500 per month and $500 per day if you have the old soft serve account. Or you can add funds by a checking account directly I believe being not by debit card also.

xolinlevh Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

So I still have my Serve card, having not used it for MS since months prior to the original shutdowns. I now need to hit a min spend on one card so am thinking of trying to use it one last time (Simons at WM). Has anyone else used a Serve lately for MS and if so...how long were you able to use it for before shutdown? I imagine that mine will get shutdown but...how quickly? Can I get 1, 2, 3+ churns through first?

Mamibear Mar 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 28062548)
So I still have my Serve card, having not used it for MS since months prior to the original shutdowns. I now need to hit a min spend on one card so am thinking of trying to use it one last time (Simons at WM). Has anyone else used a Serve lately for MS and if so...how long were you able to use it for before shutdown? I imagine that mine will get shutdown but...how quickly? Can I get 1, 2, 3+ churns through first?

using axprepaid is like gambling...

you can try this: max out daily load on mar 30 and 31, rinse and repeat on apr fools day and the next. IF you had no activity on this card for months and suddenly load the max per day, you may not even get to load the $10K with above strategy, it's up to you to roll the dice. You just don't know when the sentinels will pounce on you.

Carl Christensen Mar 21, 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 28062981)

you can try this: max out daily load on mar 30 and 31, rinse and repeat on apr fools day and the next. IF you had no activity on this card for months and suddenly load the max per day, you may not even get to load the $10K with above strategy, it's up to you to roll the dice. You just don't know when the sentinels will pounce on you.

Any reports of how long until shutdown using reloadits?

I continue to have a source of reloadit available at grocery store. I got a serve vip card and did a test of 1k transfer from reloadit-safe-serve and did bill pay off.

xolinlevh Mar 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 28062981)

Im expecting that any use for MS will result in a shutdown, just a question of when. If I max out the 30th, will the system shut me down right away or is there usually a few days/weeks before it picks up?

borntobehermit Mar 23, 2017 8:38 am

How many OneVip card can an individual open at the same time? 4 or 5?
If you do that, you need to create a different username, but do you use a different email address as well?

Stivelio Mar 24, 2017 7:44 am

Just tried to load serve at Walmart and it showed 3.74$ load fee before I could even swipe my debit cards for loading. Is serve load at WM not supposed to be free?

borntobehermit Mar 24, 2017 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio (Post 28080381)
Just tried to load serve at Walmart and it showed 3.74$ load fee before I could even swipe my debit cards for loading. Is serve load at WM not supposed to be free?

It depends on the Serve Card. The Green one and the OneVIP have free reloads. The Blue and the Grey (cashback) have around 3.95$ fees per reload (the exact amount depends on the retailer).

Which Serve card do you have?

DrunkAmexChick Mar 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Just did $1500 in loads ($500 ea @ three different FD's within 30 min of one another in the LA area) to a OneVIP. The fourth FD I tried spit out the "invalid merchant" notice. Tried a second time and no dice. Went to FD #5 and same result. Then tried to load a different OneVIP with the same FB VGC (should have tried a different VGC also at this point but I didn't think to) and same result. Going to try Walmart next with different OneVIP but worried this could be the end for me.

kitkatft Apr 2, 2017 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone (Post 27994613)
They don't advertise it but if you keep 0 balance they don't charge the fee at all.

THANK YOU! You just helped me clean my desk. (It's on top of my "to do" pile; going in the "sock drawer" wallet now.)

jasonlee6 Apr 8, 2017 10:58 pm

The 5K serve load limit is for all my serve cards or each serve has 5K?

lumangoy Apr 9, 2017 7:56 am

Originally Posted by jasonlee6 (Post 28149057)
The 5K serve load limit is for all my serve cards or each serve has 5K?

you have more than one in your name?

I thought it was limited to one for any serve & bluebird?

Mamibear Apr 9, 2017 8:25 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 28150073)
I thought it was limited to one for any serve & bluebird?

not anymore.

I don't know exactly when they changed the rules but afaik, from experience they approved up to five per SSN.