Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by IslandOfEnchantment
Is there something I can do about it? They let me use other cards just not that one....But I feel if I do other cards they might denied those afterwards just like they did with this one
How to convert these Visa GC to cash....
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:59 pm

Any recent data points on using an amex business platinum, online or at mall?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by hook13
Any recent data points on using an amex business platinum, online or at mall?
Bought 50K in GCs in the last few weeks using my Biz Plat...
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:34 pm

I believe I can use my new spf to buy SM cards and it will count towards my spending limit. Just confirming it
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by mak101
I believe I can use my new spf to buy SM cards and it will count towards my spending limit. Just confirming it
I always use my SPF as sunblock but to each their own I guess.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by DeaconY
I always use my SPF as sunblock but to each their own I guess.

sorry I meant amex spg
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage

sorry I meant amex spg
Oh my! How is it possible to cycle through 50K? Fees on each $500 GC adds up unless there is a way to offset the cost. If I may, how do you offset the cost of buying the cards?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:42 pm

Buy Visa GCs on minimum spending for any AMEX card is not recommended. You can lose bonus and time for organic spending.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by johndoes
Buy Visa GCs on minimum spending for any AMEX card is not recommended. You can lose bonus and time for organic spending.
I disagree. Just need to mix it in with real spending and do not overdo it. If you used a shady sign up link that is a different story.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by 12HRS
I disagree. Just need to mix it in with real spending and do not overdo it. If you used a shady sign up link that is a different story.
What is "not overdo it"? Half & half? 30/70?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rrayon
Oh my! How is it possible to cycle through 50K? Fees on each $500 GC adds up unless there is a way to offset the cost. If I may, how do you offset the cost of buying the cards?
There isn't a way, but to some 500 SPG points is worth the fee.

Originally Posted by johndoes
This is true, and thing have gotten harder this part year as people have had accounts closed, I value SPG points too much to play the GC game with it.

Originally Posted by 12HRS
As I wrote I value SPG points too much to lose the card, with the everyday spend I put on it and business expense I do ok.

Originally Posted by sn2015
What is "not overdo it"? Half & half? 30/70?
There is no solid answer to this...
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
There isn't a way, but to some 500 SPG points is worth the fee.

:-)

This is true, and thing have gotten harder this part year as people have had accounts closed, I value SPG points too much to play the GC game with it.

As I wrote I value SPG points too much to lose the card, with the everyday spend I put on it and business expense I do ok.

There is no solid answer to this...
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
Hey guys, used to buy a lot from Simon a couple of years ago and then stopped (working on WF). Anyway just bought some this weekend (5%), tried it at USPS and it got rejected. Checked online and it showed that it was rejected as well. I know last 4 digits are the pin. So my question is do I have to register the cards? I know we used to have to do this but not sure anymore. I activated one card online and now all the other cards say invalid info. I tried registering two cards and that worked but not sure what I actually did. Advice would be much appreciated.

TL/DR Have the rules changed for Simon from a few years back regarding activation

Last edited by daprophecy; Mar 16, 2017 at 5:06 pm
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by daprophecy
Hey guys, used to buy a lot from Simon a couple of years ago and then stopped (working on WF). Anyway just bought some this weekend (5%), tried it at USPS and it got rejected. Checked online and it showed that it was rejected as well. I know last 4 digits are the pin. So my question is do I have to register the cards? I know we used to have to do this but not sure anymore. I activated one card online and now all the other cards say invalid info. I tried registering two cards and that worked but not sure what I actually did. Advice would be much appreciated.

TL/DR Have the rules changed for Simon from a few years back regarding activation
They only work at Walmart and you don't need to activate them. PIN is any numbers you choose at first time use. PO is for vanillas and WM is for metas.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by daprophecy

Well documented in this thread that these no longer work at Post Office. Their system blocks it.

Only Vanillas work reliably. (possibly others I'm forgetting?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.