Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2015 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
Any other possible cause? Barclays is very tolerant to MS since there is not much bonus category out there.
Bought 4 airline tickets for a friend worth 3K on Arrival. Got a new Executive card for the wife last week. Those are the recent events.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by vitousa
Bought 4 airline tickets for a friend worth 3K on Arrival. Got a new Executive card for the wife last week. Those are the recent events.
Please share... how much total credit do you have with Barclay? And how much credit do you have for A+ when you spent 10k per month?
Old May 6, 2015, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus
Please share... how much total credit do you have with Barclay? And how much credit do you have for A+ when you spent 10k per month?
US Airways 15K limit.
Frontier 11K
Arrival 7.5k

Last edited by vitousa; May 6, 2015 at 11:57 pm
Old May 8, 2015, 9:31 am

How to avoid SunTrust Delta Debit shutdown

I've noticed an increase in the amount of shutdowns @ SunTrust for their defunct Delta Debit Card.
What are the ways to stay under the radar to avoid this? Direct deposit, monthly deposits, odd quantity deposits etc?

Thanks
Old May 8, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by vitousa
US Airways 15K limit.
Frontier 11K
Arrival 7.5k
Thanks for sharing. Your spending is not abnormal. Not sure what caused the closure. The only thing I can think of is the sudden increasing of spending relative to your reported income and your previous spending pattern of 10k per month on A+ for 12 months.
Old May 8, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by rms9004
I've noticed an increase in the amount of shutdowns @ SunTrust for their defunct Delta Debit Card.
What are the ways to stay under the radar to avoid this? Direct deposit, monthly deposits, odd quantity deposits etc?

Thanks
where do you see that?
Old May 8, 2015, 4:53 pm

Woke up to this dreaded message from Chase:

We're sorry - we suspended your access to chase.com because of recent activity on your account. To re-activate your access, please call us at 1-877-691-8086 and choose option 3. If you are outside the U.S., please call us at 1-713-427-6380. Commercial customers please contact your Client Service Professional or Client Service Officer.

Called in and after 1 hour on hold they told me to go to a branch. Branch rep said I they just needed to fill out an SSA-89 for the checking account that I just opened ($300 bonus). They said it would take 1 business day to restore access.

I just yesterday sold a bunch of UR (multiple transfers to 3rd parties) and was paid via Chase QP but neither the phone or branch rep mentioned anything about it.
Old May 13, 2015, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by David_
Woke up to this dreaded message from Chase:

We're sorry - we suspended your access to chase.com because of recent activity on your account. To re-activate your access, please call us at 1-877-691-8086 and choose option 3. If you are outside the U.S., please call us at 1-713-427-6380. Commercial customers please contact your Client Service Professional or Client Service Officer.

Called in and after 1 hour on hold they told me to go to a branch. Branch rep said I they just needed to fill out an SSA-89 for the checking account that I just opened ($300 bonus). They said it would take 1 business day to restore access.

I just yesterday sold a bunch of UR (multiple transfers to 3rd parties) and was paid via Chase QP but neither the phone or branch rep mentioned anything about it.
So the shutdown had nothing to do with MS. It was because I had opened a new checking account with a $300 bonus. Now they are holding my funds hostage.
Old May 13, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
So the shutdown had nothing to do with MS. It was because I had opened a new checking account with a $300 bonus. Now they are holding my funds hostage.
No, it wasn't just the new account. Lots of us do that. It was the selling of UR points. They've closed down others for the same thing. See the Chase shutdown thread in Chase Ultimate Rewards section within Credit, Debit...
Old May 13, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
No, it wasn't just the new account. Lots of us do that. It was the selling of UR points. They've closed down others for the same thing. See the Chase shutdown thread in Chase Ultimate Rewards section within Credit, Debit...
The shutdown came before I sold the UR points.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:32 pm

The shutdown came before I sold the UR points.
Was this really a shutdown? What's with the SSA-89?

Chase kicks you out of online banking say if you linked a checking account to a PrePaid; it tells you to visit branch, etc like the message you got. At the branch, if you can clear things up, you get accounts back...don't know what will happen if you can't.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:40 pm

Shutdown confirmed yesterday in branch. "Chase no longer wants you as a customer." Credit cards still work but can't login online. Luckily I was able to transfer out my UR via Amazon.
I'm 99% sure the CC's will be closed as well. Debating whether I should run up the Freedom balance since it is 0% for another year or so.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:46 pm

Shutdown confirmed yesterday in branch. "Chase no longer wants you as a customer." Credit cards still work but can't login online. Luckily I was able to transfer out my UR via Amazon.
I'm 99% sure the CC's will be closed as well. Debating whether I should run up the Freedom balance since it is 0% for another year or so.

I am not sure if it's wise to run up your Freedom if you are expecting a closure because I don't know if you can keep 0%...
Old May 13, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by vagrants

I am not sure if it's wise to run up your Freedom if you are expecting a closure because I don't know if you can keep 0%...
They can't just call a loan. They can close the account but the terms can't change.
Old May 13, 2015, 3:38 pm

They can't just call a loan. They can close the account but the terms can't change.
I'm pretty sure the terms of your credit card can change on the fly if the bank wants them to change, such as APR etc. I'd be shocked if this is not spelled out in the fine print.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.