The 2015 Shutdown Thread

Old Mar 19, 15, 5:19 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 187
The 2015 Shutdown Thread

I thought I'd take a moment to try to get some fun out of the shutdown situation. So I'm starting this thread to see who gets the most shutdowns in 2015. For better or worse, I'm sure I'm not the King. One day . . . one day.

Don't forget, if you aren't getting shutdown, you aren't pushing hard enough!

For 2015, so far:

-Walgreens Balance Financial
-Atira/Coopera (7 of these! so sad - 3 CUs)
-Evolve (my payees are all blocked)
-HR Block Emerald

Past years, accounts I can remember:
Multiple MVDs, like, lots
Chase (cards and deposit accounts)
Suntrust Delta debit
B of A (cards and deposit accounts)
ELFCU + USPSFCU

It's early in the year, but plenty of you out there have more, I'm sure. Show us what you got!
FreakingFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 5:20 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LAX
Programs: AA, DL, Hyatt, Hilton
Posts: 127
Are you blacklisted @ Chase & BofA? Any worries about troubles getting business loans / mortgage further down the line ?
46sky is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 5:23 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 187
Chase, I'm back alive. I think I got killed off in 2013 and I have respawned.

BofA: they don't like the cut of my jib still. But they did spot me a signup bonus before taking my annual fee and telling me to hit the road recently. No complaints.
FreakingFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 5:49 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LAX
Programs: AA, DL, Hyatt, Hilton
Posts: 127
I'm taking a break from MS for a month or two but will soon apply for the old amex and push it to the max - will report back in this thread
46sky is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 5:55 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 148
I got shut down on Chime after an $800 cash withdrawal. I cried day and night but now I am ok.
MSerforfun is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 8:53 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 72
The 2015 Shutdown Thread

Chase
PayPal (my whole family)
Amazon register
Barclays
Lawsuit with Incomm (I won, but I'll never touch their products again)

Still alive with citi and amex and suntrust. If these guys shut me down, I'll be flying coach for a loooonnnnngggg time.
prestonv is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 9:08 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 500
Originally Posted by prestonv View Post
Chase
PayPal (my whole family)
Amazon register
Barclays
Lawsuit with Incomm (I won, but I'll never touch their products again)

Still alive with citi and amex and suntrust. If these guys shut me down, I'll be flying coach for a loooonnnnngggg time.
What happened with Barclays? What products did you have with them?

Last edited by ILGfly; Mar 19, 15 at 9:55 pm
ILGfly is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 9:46 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 97
What did you do to get B of A shutdown?

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer View Post
I thought I'd take a moment to try to get some fun out of the shutdown situation. So I'm starting this thread to see who gets the most shutdowns in 2015. For better or worse, I'm sure I'm not the King. One day . . . one day.

Don't forget, if you aren't getting shutdown, you aren't pushing hard enough!

For 2015, so far:

-Walgreens Balance Financial
-Atira/Coopera (7 of these! so sad - 3 CUs)
-Evolve (my payees are all blocked)
-HR Block Emerald

Past years, accounts I can remember:
Multiple MVDs, like, lots
Chase (cards and deposit accounts)
Suntrust Delta debit
B of A (cards and deposit accounts)
ELFCU + USPSFCU

It's early in the year, but plenty of you out there have more, I'm sure. Show us what you got!
FSG378 is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 10:06 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 97
One of my USBuxx got shutdown last week. I called CS and got no answer. Told me to wait for a letter from US bank. Not sure when I can got my 2K back. Just hope the rest of my USBuxx will survive.
FSG378 is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 10:43 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 187
Originally Posted by FSG378 View Post
What did you do to get B of A shutdown?
Well, they never gave me a reason, but just letters (one for me, one for my SO) saying the accounts were closing as of a certain date.

We went in and closed them early.

I had two AS cards; she had one.

I'm sure it had to do with the way I was using the AS cards, but plenty of people were pushing harder than we were. Maybe because I had two?
FreakingFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 10:50 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer View Post
Well, they never gave me a reason, but just letters (one for me, one for my SO) saying the accounts were closing as of a certain date.

We went in and closed them early.

I had two AS cards; she had one.

I'm sure it had to do with the way I was using the AS cards, but plenty of people were pushing harder than we were. Maybe because I had two?
how hard could you possibly have been pushing? I cant imagine BofA getting upset over 1x miles on the AS CC.

or are you talking about the AS debit card? if so, still what kinda numbers got you shutdown?
HouFly is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 10:51 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by prestonv View Post
Chase
PayPal (my whole family)
Amazon register
Barclays
Lawsuit with Incomm (I won, but I'll never touch their products again)

Still alive with citi and amex and suntrust. If these guys shut me down, I'll be flying coach for a loooonnnnngggg time.
what happened with incomm, and lawsuit over what product(s)?

if you won, why'd you stay away? personally I'd roll the dice regardless of the hassle I mean #Hu$tle
HouFly is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 10:55 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Posts: 5,436
For those of you who have gotten other family members' cards shut down, how have they handled it? I know my wife would have me sleeping on the couch for a while...
iflyjetz is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 11:26 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 187
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
For those of you who have gotten other family members' cards shut down, how have they handled it? I know my wife would have me sleeping on the couch for a while...
It's that age-old question: do they like flying first class? This is the trade-off.

I try very, very hard to do most of this stuff without my wife's involvement. But, every now and then, she's happy to make a phone call to deal with something that's gone wrong in her name. And she likes F.
FreakingFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 19, 15, 11:27 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 187
Originally Posted by HouFly View Post
how hard could you possibly have been pushing? I cant imagine BofA getting upset over 1x miles on the AS CC.

or are you talking about the AS debit card? if so, still what kinda numbers got you shutdown?
Debit. And I'm thinking it was the dual-debit.

I never did more than probably $20K in a month - sounds like that was relatively tame.
FreakingFlyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: