Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Comments on moderation ARE NOT allowed !
Print Wikipost

RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tev9999
Not according to the Wayback machine and their archive from Feb 20th.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150220...prepaidredcard

I recall specifically looking at this when I signed up in January and it did not say credit cards were allowed.
Good! I must have dreamed it up!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by chitink
Target changed their website today:

https://amex.serve.com/prepaidredcard/

It used to read load with a credit card, it no longer reads that.
No it didn't as of last time I looked at that page which was weeks ago. In fact, I never remember it ever saying that to begin with. It was never promoted that way.

Why this thread has not been merged into the existing Redcard thread by now speaks volumes about... I'll let you think about it.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by chitink
Target changed their website today:

https://amex.serve.com/prepaidredcard/

It used to read load with a credit card, it no longer reads that.
Wow, really? Create a new username to spread this garbage?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
What garbage? What a weirdo, I am new and have no idea why you are calling me someone else. Thanks for that.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PittPoints
The reasons the email are fake are clear - No Id number at the bottom, has would be capitalized, quotes around cash, $1000 with no comma, $1000 before $500 - that's just sloppy OP, and most damning in my mind - half of its is in purple, just like what happens if you cut and paste an in email into word and edit it, the colors get messed up.
FWIW all of my "Your Prepaid REDcard Reload was Successful" does not capitalize "was" so I don't think pointing out that "has" was not capitalized is not a relevant point.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
Why this thread has not been merged into the existing Redcard thread by now speaks volumes about... I'll let you think about it.
Are you saying if indeed it was an issue it would have been merged already? Why would Flyertalk Mods be in on this? Not saying you're wrong, just curious.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Hecta
FWIW all of my "Your Prepaid REDcard Reload was Successful" does not capitalize "was" so I don't think pointing out that "has" was not capitalized is not a relevant point.
I think that thought arose from "Has" being capitalized in the payment e-mails. You do raise a good point.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:31 am

Correct, however, in the "Your Payment Request Has Been Sent" emails, it is.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by PittPoints
Correct, however, in the "Your Payment Request Has Been Sent" emails, it is.
That's true.

Has anyone seen or been forwarded the original raw email directly from someone who's been shut down? Anyone can doctor up a screenshot. But if there was a way that the shutdown emails did indeed come from [email protected] then I'm not sure how this could be a hoax unless someone hacked into AMEX and sent emails lol
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:41 am

That's true.

Has anyone seen or been forwarded the original raw email directly from someone who's been shut down? Anyone can doctor up a screenshot. But if there was a way that the shutdown emails did indeed come from [email protected] then I'm not sure how this could be a hoax unless someone hacked into AMEX and sent emails lol
Doctoring email headers are even easier than making a screenshot.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
IMO it's a hoax and I do not understand the mentality of people who start threads and/or post things like this. Maybe it's to keep others away from Target?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:45 am

RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

Myth Busted
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by voodoomonkey
Doctoring email headers are even easier than making a screenshot.
Very true. Bad idea on my part. I guess the only way would be to see the original email yourself, not a forwarded version.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:49 am

That's true.

As I'm getting more skeptical this is a hoax, the only way I'd believe this is if I received an e-mail forwarded to me or had my account shut down myself. Not to mention, the doctoring of the original e-mail was done so poorly (purple text and such).
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:51 am

Here is what I received. I received it on the same day the first time I ever did a 1000/1000/500 load in the same day even though it was during different visits to different Target locations. While different from what was cited by OP, I will not be loading 2500 in one day again. Thoughts, should I call them as suggested?

Mar 2 at 6:44 PM

Hello XXXXX,
During a recent review of your Target Prepaid REDcard® Account we noticed unusual activity. You may experience limitations while using your Account.
In order for us to authorize you and continue to service your Account safely and securely, please call Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318.
Thanks,
Target Prepaid REDcard by American Express

Customer Service I Privacy Statement
We kindly ask you not to reply to this e-mail but instead contact us via Customer Service.
See the Prepaid REDcard User Agreement for complete Prepaid REDcard terms and conditions.
Prepaid REDcard by American Express is issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., 200 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10285, licensed to engage in the transmission of money by the New York Department of Finance and other state money transmitter regulators. Click here for information about addressing complaints regarding our money services business, lists of our money services licenses and other disclosures.
© 2014 American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Target and the Bullseye Design are trademarks of Target Brands, Inc.
Email ID: 132097

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.