Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Comments on moderation ARE NOT allowed !
Print Wikipost

RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:55 am

My wife's Serve account was closed some days ago. I posted this on the Serve thread:
My wife's account got this message:
Your Account is locked
For your security, we've locked your Account. Please call customer service at 1-800-954-0559 to unlock your Account.
I called and they are saying that we didn't comply with the terms of the agreement, and they are closing the account. The last load was with PayPal debit. This load caused PayPal to close the account (Feb 5) and on Feb 10, Serve locked the account.

The last two transactions that I initiated were a credit card payment and a transfer to a checking account. The first one posted without problems, but the second one didn't.

Getting the money back (about 2K), I was told that I need to follow up with PayPal, but this account is also closed. They keep telling me that the money is going back to the funding source. I don't know what else to do. Anybody has seen this before? Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:57 am

But...but...but...GMail provides practically unlimited memory. I've been using it for almost a decade and it is telling me that I am only at 36% of my space. Why would anyone ever delete their GMail trash?

Originally Posted by busymike
we obviously checked there. he's OCD about keeping a clean mail account, so apparently he's one of the few people who pre-emptively deletes his trash before gmail does so automatically.
Please note that's not specifically to call into question your truthiness. I am sure there are six people in the world who do that (and your friend could be one), I just find it mildly mind-boggling.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Hecta
As many others have said, it doesn't have to do with the loads as much as it has to do with unloading the exact same amounts very quickly.
Yes, I know. This still looks bad that I'm sure contributed to regional supervisor/store shutdowns.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by rincewind44
Please note that's not specifically to call into question your truthiness. I am sure there are six people in the world who do that (and your friend could be one), I just find it mildly mind-boggling.
From my Gmail Trash folder:

(messages that have been in Trash more than 30 days will be automatically deleted)
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:05 am

This is definitely a hoax just like last time. I can't believe nobody else has discovered that you can still buy VR at CVS with a credit card.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by roki
From my Gmail Trash folder:

Huh. I guess I never move things into "trash". In a world of practically unlimited storage and a decent search feature, everything stays in the inbox as read. But I don't want to sidetrack us into our e-mail workflow policies. I am enjoying CSI: RedBird too much for that!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
OP - Your credibility just went negative.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
This is definitely a hoax just like last time. I can't believe nobody else has discovered that you can still buy VR at CVS with a credit card.
don't be dumb now.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by thehustla
Im sure OP is reeealll worried about that.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by thehustla
OP doesn't care and doesn't want to be a serious part of FT. I echo some of the above posts. Can mods take action please?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:32 pm

OP has done this before, can't remember if it was on OBC or AP (back when it was alive) but he posted some type of inflammatory FALSE information back then too. Ignore him.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:06 pm

If you think the original post is a hoax, click the "!" button on the original post and report it. Be ready to justify your accusation. No point in saying "mods please take action" in a post since mods can't read every post.

Personally I can't make up my mind. The biggest problem I see is that many heavy MS'ers are FT users and there has been no flood of confirming reports.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:08 pm

Stop Bumping this Thread

This OP wants attention, so stop giving it.

DO NOT POST BELOW THIS MESSAGE!!!!

WARNING

DANGER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Talking

Originally Posted by DL172
Stop Bumping this Thread

This OP wants attention, so stop giving it.

DO NOT POST BELOW THIS MESSAGE!!!!

WARNING

DANGER

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LoL
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
My recommendation is to NOT merge this thread with the original thread, as it currently has a lot of posts but will eventually fade. Only selective posts from this thread should go into the main Redbird thread, and there's been enough crossposting that even that's probably not necessary.

Is it real? Is it fake? Does it matter? The only change in behavior that I'm going to make is that I'll make some small purchases at Target using my RB. Probably low margin stuff because with the 5% discount, the particular consumable that I'll be buying is cheaper than I could find elsewhere.

1. I did some digging around the internets (love that word - and yes I know that you don't add an 's') and found a bit of stuff on Dansdeals. Take it for what it's worth. Aj3042 from Dansdeals posted that 2 of his RBs got shut down more than a week ago. Here are the screenshots he posted:
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.ph...ch=15137;image
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.ph...ch=15139;image

Note that in the second image, it mentions Section 15E. There's no section 15E of the Redbird agreement. However, Serve's Section 15E looks identical to Section 15D of RB. https://www.serve.com/legal.html#suspension
Perhaps this is just a screwup by AmEx personnel. And all of the small discrepancies in the closure emails pointed out by others could also be screw-ups by AmEx personnel.
You can find RB's Section 15D here: https://amex.serve.com/prepaidredcar...User_Agreement

2. No RB accounts closed? Does anyone really think that RB hasn't closed any accounts? I find that hard to believe.
Are some people who get their RB accounts closed going to post here? Probably.
If you had your RB account closed and you posted that here, only to be called a liar, are you going to continue to respond?

3. Odd/Even deposits.
I make odd deposits to RB in order to keep below Chase's radar.
Do I think that Target looks at certain round numbers? Yes. There are a lot of lazy MSers who can't come up with three numbers that add up to $2.5K other than $1k/$1k/$500. Thank you; you're low hanging fruit for the auditors. Just like the ~11% of the population that uses 1234 for their PIN. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3696560.html

Edit: Wasn't finished; hit the wrong darned button. At least the post wasn't flushed.
As far as making odd numbered deposits and those that think the poor only make even numbered deposits, I know you've never been POOR. As someone who was poor, I made deposits of whatever money I had extra, be it $12.17 or $1.73. EVERY PENNY COUNTED. I didn't stop counting pennies until several years after being commissioned as a military officer (I enlisted in the military, but you taxpayers foolishly sent me to college).
Ever see a gas pump that reads something like $3.22? How much gas was that? How did the person pay for that gas? They probably brought a bunch of change to the gas station attendant to pay for gas. It was all of the money they had. If you've never lived that life, you have no idea that the poor don't care about odd or even amounts of deposits onto a RB. And they'll never deposit $500, $750, or $1000 on a RB at one time.

So I chuckle at all of youse rocket surgeons who think that the poor only deposit money in even amounts. May you one day experience what it's like to deposit $4.68 into your rainy day savings account; preferably when you're living off of social security.

Last edited by iflyjetz; Mar 5, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.