Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:24 pm

Ok, I tried to load serve with NW buxx today, and it was a no go. It was at a kate, and I tried loading $100 and then using a different teen card, $90. Both teen cards have a $100 balance on them. I believe it gave me a message about using a different type of tender. Does this somehow need to go through the cashier? I'm close to just draining them on some regular spend and SDing them.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Paid Cap 1 $600 over the phone from NW buxx. Made comment about how nice this is and rep said they started this at the beginning of the year.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Newgene
Ok, I tried to load serve with NW buxx today, and it was a no go. It was at a kate, and I tried loading $100 and then using a different teen card, $90. Both teen cards have a $100 balance on them. I believe it gave me a message about using a different type of tender. Does this somehow need to go through the cashier? I'm close to just draining them on some regular spend and SDing them.
I just tested one of the teen cards online, and it worked fine for a $20 GC. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong on the kate, but I don't know.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:38 am

Ok, I'm thinking after reading through a ton of posts in this thread, I may have buggered up NW Buxx account. I created it about a month ago, but haven't used it yet. I loaded three different cards, but I think I may be asking to be shutdown with the way I set up the cards. They are

Card 1 -- My first/last name and SSN
Card 2 -- My first/mi/last name and SSN
Card 3 -- Spouse name and SSN

They are all three sitting there with the initial load on them. Everything setup fine. Anything to be concerned about? If so, any way to fix it (i.e. cancel cards, etc.)?
Any thoughts on this? Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:03 pm

@Newgene: following on your post.
What's the result if I sign myself as both the parent and the teen for the NW Buxx? I can use a hyphen in the name of the teen but the SSN is the same...
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Any thoughts on this? Thanks
You've already been given the cards. Why would you think there's a problem now?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by PHLisa
You've already been given the cards. Why would you think there's a problem now?
I didn't know if having them setup that way would cause a problem that would be more likely to flag going forward. In that case, it could be better for me to close the cards and get different ones. I'm not too worried about it anymore. I just can't get them to work to load serve for anything. I may try them on RB and see.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:28 pm

My US Buxx card expires in September and I did not receive a replacement card yet. Do they send the new card automatically or do I need to request one?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:53 pm

Just recently got my NW Buxx. I can load with my citi double cash online and unload at target and walmart with redbird or serve, respectively, right? But only $200 unloads at a time? Also, what else should I watch out for using this method?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by qwe7791
Just recently got my NW Buxx. I can load with my citi double cash online and unload at target and walmart with redbird or serve, respectively, right? But only $200 unloads at a time? , what else should I watch out for using this method?
I load my 500 and then unload the 500 into my Bluebird or Rebird.

Just have to wait out the appropriate time to do the next 500 for the month.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by qwe7791
Just recently got my NW Buxx. I can load with my citi double cash online and unload at target and walmart with redbird or serve, respectively, right? But only $200 unloads at a time? Also, what else should I watch out for using this method?
$1 fee if you use ATMs.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Does NWBuxx card application require SSN? If so, is it hard pull or soft pull?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by desikid
Prepaid card do not do any hard pull. Thats why they are popular.
It will be interesting to hear any success story getting Buxx card with ITIN.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by desikid
It is now not available to apply, right?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by i2000s
It is now not available to apply, right?
Yup. They are closed. Nothing to see here, move along.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.