Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by kgkg
Is this the sign up page for NW Buxx? https://www.visaprepaidprocessing.co...ages/Home.aspx

Also, should I use US Buxx to load my Serve online as a debit card? Will it be flagged? Thanks!
Yeah, that's the correct sign up page. I ordered my card a couple weeks ago and have already used it a couple times. Don't forget to use the promo code to waive the $5 enrollment fee. Also, your first load will be fee free ($500 vs $502 for reloads).

From what I've read, don't use Buxx for online Serve debit loads. I have never tried it but I do believe I've heard of accounts being flagged for using them. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sateran
Quick question on the dates about loading my two NWBuxx cards.

8/13 signed up for NW Buxx
8/13 loaded $500 onto card 1
8/13 loaded $500 onto card 2
8/25 received both cards in the mail
8/26 loaded $500 onto card 1
8/26 loaded $500 onto card 2
8/27 unloaded $800 from card 1 to RB
8/27 unloaded $800 from card 2 to RB

This would be my next unload and load dates right?

9/3 unload remaining $200 each each card
9/12 load $500 on each card
9/25 load $500 on each card

Also how many more teen cards can/should I add? I also only have 1 CC on file to load from so far as well.
Due to the days that you signed up, I would suggest just setting your cards 1 and 2 to auto load on the 1st/15th. That way you don't have to think about when the next load date is. There is already an option to load every 1st and 15th. Set it to do your start load on 09/15/2015. I would suggest adding a second credit card and then you can at least double your teens. I find that adding more teens has had issues for me with dates and loads not going through even after 7/8 days since last CC load.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: SoftServe, PP, Visa Buxx, So many cards
Quick question on the dates about loading my two NWBuxx cards.

8/13 signed up for NW Buxx
8/13 loaded $500 onto card 1
8/13 loaded $500 onto card 2
8/25 received both cards in the mail
8/26 loaded $500 onto card 1
8/26 loaded $500 onto card 2
8/27 unloaded $800 from card 1 to RB
8/27 unloaded $800 from card 2 to RB

This would be my next unload and load dates right?

9/3 unload remaining $200 each each card
9/12 load $500 on each card
9/25 load $500 on each card

Also how many more teen cards can/should I add? I also only have 1 CC on file to load from so far as well.
Churning 2k for 8 bucks is pretty good, but why not churn VGCs 2k for 20$ and then pay citi credit cards or cash out at ATMs(800 per month for $4)
6.6K ms for $58

You can MS up to 2K with NW Buxx and 5K with debit loads to RB. Your limiting yourself to 5K by wasting RB loads with nationwide cards.

I'm trying to maximize RB load and total MS. You will pay more but you're still coming out ahead, especially if you just need to hit a spend.

If this is just for cheap and easy MS, 5k in NW buxx cost only 20 which is great value.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: SoftServe, PP, Visa Buxx, So many cards
Credit report

Does this card show up on peoples credit report?

I used my brothers name to add an authorized user to my CSP 2 years ago and he called me up and asked me why this was showing up on his credit report.

I want to ask to use his SSN for 2 more cards, but I don't want to mess with his credit. Anyone have a data point on this?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by dsr1205
Churning 2k for 8 bucks is pretty good, but why not churn VGCs 2k for 20$ and then pay citi credit cards or cash out at ATMs(800 per month for $4)
6.6K ms for $58

You can MS up to 2K with NW Buxx and 5K with debit loads to RB. Your limiting yourself to 5K by wasting RB loads with nationwide cards.

I'm trying to maximize RB load and total MS. You will pay more but you're still coming out ahead, especially if you just need to hit a spend.

If this is just for cheap and easy MS, 5k in NW buxx cost only 20 which is great value.
Well I don't have any Citi cards at the moment so I'm stuck on unloading through RB. But I do manage 3 RB accounts so I MS 15k per month so $2k in Buxx unloads isn't a big cut in that $15k. I would just like to minimize the upfront cost with MS.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Due to the days that you signed up, I would suggest just setting your cards 1 and 2 to auto load on the 1st/15th. That way you don't have to think about when the next load date is. There is already an option to load every 1st and 15th. Set it to do your start load on 09/15/2015. I would suggest adding a second credit card and then you can at least double your teens. I find that adding more teens has had issues for me with dates and loads not going through even after 7/8 days since last CC load.
Awesome thank you for this! I'll give it a shot.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dsr1205
Does this card show up on peoples credit report?

I used my brothers name to add an authorized user to my CSP 2 years ago and he called me up and asked me why this was showing up on his credit report.

I want to ask to use his SSN for 2 more cards, but I don't want to mess with his credit. Anyone have a data point on this?
As with any other prepaid, Buxx does not show up on your credit report nor pull your credit. The CSP will definitely show up on his credit report if he's an authorized user.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:03 am

I'm trying to add Teens number 3 and 4 but I get the error of "This order could not be processed: A limit violation has occurred."

Why would this happen? I thought the max number of Teens is 5?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:00 am

Anyone had any issues when signing up for NW Buxx? Added five teens and am seeing five transactions on the credit card I used to fund. However, my parent account only lists four teens.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:39 am

I'm trying to add Teens number 3 and 4 but I get the error of "This order could not be processed: A limit violation has occurred."

Why would this happen? I thought the max number of Teens is 5?
if you have another parent account, if I'm not mistaken that is included in the tally of 5 teens total since they go by home address.

I was thinking, what if the other parent account has a different home address, maybe that will allow another 5 teens?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
if you have another parent account, if I'm not mistaken that is included in the tally of 5 teens total since they go by home address.

I was thinking, what if the other parent account has a different home address, maybe that will allow another 5 teens?
Not sure but I think the address must match exactly the credit card you are using. I had trouble using one of my cards when I had TD go and I think that it was due to that problem.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:31 pm

Is it OK to load my Mom's Visa buxx into my Target red card at Target? we have Different same last name, Different SS, the same billing address.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by ual902
Is it OK to load my Mom's Visa buxx into my Target red card at Target? we have Different same last name, Different SS, the same billing address.
As long as you know the PIN and the cashier is fine with it (or doesn't care), it should go through.

we have Different same last name
Ah, yes, the rare case of different same last name. It is a sight to behold and a sound to wonder.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Checked the Wiki but didn't see this addressed for the NW version. Are there any limits to the number of times I can add or edit a CC?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:48 am

Add as Debit for RB Online Loads?

Apologies if it's been asked before (the Wiki could use a lot more info...)

Is adding my NW Buxx as a debit for online loads to my Redbird account a good strategy? I already load it with 5k every month in store; this would be in addition to that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.