Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sungchiahao
Error Message:

Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method.
What type of credit card are you using? Some banks, like Chase, will charge as a CA first before posting as a purchase. You must have the CA limit available to do the order. I had this issue.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
What type of credit card are you using? Some banks, like Chase, will charge as a CA first before posting as a purchase. You must have the CA limit available to do the order. I had this issue.
I used CSP. I set the CA to the minimum $20.... That is too bad. I thought high CA limit was not good...

I added the BoA Alaska Visa, with $1500 CA limit for a $500 purchase and it went through. I guess it is the CA issue with Chase. I hope BoA won't charge me with CA.

Last edited by sungchiahao; May 27, 2015 at 1:43 pm Reason: follow up
Old May 27, 2015, 1:47 pm

I used CSP. I set the CA to the minimum $20.... That is too bad. I thought high CA limit was not good...

I added the BoA Alaska Visa, with $1500 CA limit for a $500 purchase and it went through. I guess it is the CA issue with Chase. I hope BoA won't charge me with CA.
..... I've done that too with my CSP. Is it possible to revert CA changes with Chase? I know that Citi does not revert CA changes.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:55 pm

Did you get charged a CA with the CSP when loading the NW buxx?
Old May 27, 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Light
..... I've done that too with my CSP. Is it possible to revert CA changes with Chase? I know that Citi does not revert CA changes.
Nope. Anytime you are unsure about a card, its best to keep your CA limit the way it was setup and do a small load. The CA amount is based on how much you wanted to load...the higher the amount the more charge. Worse case its just a one time charge but its better to know with a small amount than with a large amount.

The problem with reducing CA to zero on a CC is that if it turns out the case is that if it is initially charged as CA and then posts as purchase, banks will need to do another credit pull just to give you back the CA, its not an on or off switch without penalties.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Then that was your problem. You need to raise your CA limit if you want to use your CSP. It will post as a purchase in the end. This has been my experience with 2 other Chase cards when doing NW Buxx loads.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Nope. Anytime you are unsure about a card, its best to keep your CA limit the way it was setup and do a small load. The CA amount is based on how much you wanted to load...the higher the amount the more charge. Worse case its just a one time charge but its better to know with a small amount than with a large amount.

The problem with reducing CA to zero on a CC is that if it turns out the case is that if it is initially charged as CA and then posts as purchase, banks will need to do another credit pull just to give you back the CA, its not an on or off switch without penalties.
Hm. Since UR points are out of the equation, what would be a good option for points?

I guess Barclay Arrival Plus is probably the best option if you're not trying to meet minimum spends, right? AMEX and CitiBank can't be used either.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:28 pm

Hm. Since UR points are out of the equation, what would be a good option for points?

I guess Barclay Arrival Plus is probably the best option if you're not trying to meet minimum spends, right? AMEX and CitiBank can't be used either.
I assume that you did not read my post directly above yours.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:53 pm

@cdancer20 ROFL

@ Light OP..if it hasn't posted yet then don't worry about it because it will post as a purchase in the end. No need to freak out about it until it posts with CA fees charged. I have used the CSP card before without issues.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:11 pm

Did you read mine above that one? I already changed my CSP CA limit and I'm surely not eating a credit inquiry to revert it.

So since CSP and thus, UR, is out of the equation for me - what then do people use if not farming UR points? I assumed that BA+ would be most people's go-to, for obvious reasons. It was an inquiry to spur discussion on what other options are efficient.

Get off your high horse.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:31 pm

Did you read mine above that one? I already changed my CSP CA limit and I'm surely not eating a credit inquiry to revert it.

So since CSP and thus, UR, is out of the equation for me - what then do people use if not farming UR points? I assumed that BA+ would be most people's go-to, for obvious reasons. It was an inquiry to spur discussion on what other options are efficient.

Get off your high horse.
It takes a hard inquiry to change your cash advance limit with Chase? That's weird and something that I've never heard of (though I haven't researched it).

If you have specific goals for a card, obviously, that would be best. Like, there's the current 50% bonus for the Barclay US Airways/AAdvantage Aviator. The British Airways card is soon going to be reduced to 1X instead of 1.25X, and there's the chance for a travel together ticket. If the updated reports of Citi are correct, you could use the Double Cash.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:41 pm

Get off your high horse.
Relax dude....@cdancer20 was just trying to help. Why are URs out of the question with the CSP? You do know that the CSP is still good for 2x for restaurants and travel. Why not just use it for regular spending unless you are telling me you don't eat out or travel at all.

Again you shouldn't have prematurely changed your CA limit like I see a bunch of people here do (number 1 mistake) and you wouldn't have been in this predicament. Just take your lumps and move on. Just use another CC to fund Buxx.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Bluebirdie
I see. Let me see if I got it right... Your teen card hit the 1k limit. So you can not add any more fund. However, you tried to add fund with another account's teen card and got the FA (fraud alert). After clearing the FA, still no go.

Before proceeding with the following, I would check the ink account to make sure no pending charges total up to the CL (credit limit). Then...

I think it's a chase system alert for account based activities with a specific merchant. Some people reported no luck after such alert. But if you're in need to meet the spend, here's what I'd try. Call Chase and let them know you have a large charge coming up. They'd ask you the merchant and purpose. Once ok, they'll put a note on your card as pre-approval. After the call, fund your desired teen card. And do the funding within the window you gave them. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
It seems that even though my ink account has a cash advance available it was only for the primary owner. I had to call to have them allocate a cash advance line for my card. That was why all my loads were declined and I got that message to use another card. Hopefully it will work now.

But that doesn't answer why I couldn't load the second teen using the primary owners card. I was able to load the $1,000 limit for this month on the first teen but can not load the 2nd teen. I keep getting that use another card.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA UA
Did you get charged a CA with the CSP when loading the NW buxx?
I think edancer20 had the answer for you (see below). Like others, I changed the CA on a few CC for specific reasons such as limiting its use. It's just unfortunately that buxx attempts to do the txn as CA first, then post as purchases.

...Some banks, like Chase, will charge as a CA first before posting as a purchase. You must have the CA limit available to do the order. I had this issue.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
It seems that even though my ink account has a cash advance available it was only for the primary owner. I had to call to have them allocate a cash advance line for my card. That was why all my loads were declined and I got that message to use another card. Hopefully it will work now.

But that doesn't answer why I couldn't load the second teen using the primary owners card. I was able to load the $1,000 limit for this month on the first teen but can not load the 2nd teen. I keep getting that use another card.
Well, I never knew CA is not available to AU. Guess we learn something new every day :-)

Not sure why the primary card couldn't go through. Did Chase said the FA note was for the master account or AU card based? I understand some people don't want to call too often so as to attract too much attention. Please keep us posted if the AU charge go though now that CA is added. This is a very interesting problem you got.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.