Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 6:58 pm

Sorry for the dumb question. I don't see it answered in the Wiki. How/where is a Visa Buxx card loaded? Is it done online or in-store with a reload card?
Old May 22, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Light
Sorry for the dumb question. I don't see it answered in the Wiki. How/where is a Visa Buxx card loaded? Is it done online or in-store with a reload card?
the ones discussed in the wiki are loaded online exclusively. USBuxx is no longer open for new registration but NWbuxx is still open. TDbuxx allows their CC only as fund source and available only to residents of certain states.

see wiki for more details.

Last edited by Mamibear; May 23, 2015 at 6:53 am
Old May 22, 2015, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
the ones discussed in the wiki are loaded online exclusively. USBuxx is no longer open for new registration but NWbuxx is still open. TDbuxx allows only their CC only as fund source and available only to residents of certain states.

see wiki for more details.
It suggests to not open too many accounts too fast. Does that mean one can open multiple accounts with one SSN? Or is that referring to too many accounts for one household?

Edit: Also, the Wiki states that there can only be 2 credit cards tied to a NationWide Buxx account. Can these cards be swapped out? Or are you permanently stuck with the two you chose? It doesn't clarify, unlike with the USB.

Last edited by Light; May 22, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Old May 22, 2015, 9:07 pm

It suggests to not open too many accounts too fast. Does that mean one can open multiple accounts with one SSN? Or is that referring to too many accounts for one household?

Edit: Also, the Wiki states that there can only be 2 credit cards tied to a NationWide Buxx account. Can these cards be swapped out? Or are you permanently stuck with the two you chose? It doesn't clarify, unlike with the USB.
The credit cards can be swapped out indefinitely. It's just that at any one point in time, you can only have two attached to your account.

The Buxx system works with two levels. The parent/guardian has complete control over the account. The parent/guardian then has the discretion to add and remove "teen" accounts as is seen fit. The teen accounts get individual physical debit cards in their name in the mail. These debit cards are loaded via the the parent's account.

The caution is that you, as the supposed parent, should not attempt to add too many teen accounts, create too many teens. The incentive to do so is that this allows more MS. The disincentive is that you'll get shutdown if you do too many too quickly.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
The credit cards can be swapped out indefinitely. It's just that at any one point in time, you can only have two attached to your account.

The Buxx system works with two levels. The parent/guardian has complete control over the account. The parent/guardian then has the discretion to add and remove "teen" accounts as is seen fit. The teen accounts get individual physical debit cards in their name in the mail. These debit cards are loaded via the the parent's account.

The caution is that you, as the supposed parent, should not attempt to add too many teen accounts, create too many teens. The incentive to do so is that this allows more MS. The disincentive is that you'll get shutdown if you do too many too quickly.
Thank you.

So for the NWB with its 1000/month limit, would each additional teen account grant you an extra 1000/month on your limit?
Old May 23, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Thank you.

So for the NWB with its 1000/month limit, would each additional teen account grant you an extra 1000/month on your limit?
Yes, MS total = # of teens X 1000
Old May 23, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Stupid question - how strict is NW on teens? I have my parent account as my name and my teen as my name. If I added a second teen could I just add my middle initial or do I have to do a different person?
Old May 23, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by air360
Stupid question - how strict is NW on teens? I have my parent account as my name and my teen as my name. If I added a second teen could I just add my middle initial or do I have to do a different person?
You'll need unique SSN for the each teen card.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:24 pm

WIth nw how do you switch your credit card online? I don't see a button for that.
Old May 23, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by trey
WIth nw how do you switch your credit card online? I don't see a button for that.
Go to Profile -> Manage Funding Account
Old May 23, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bluebirdie
Go to Profile -> Manage Funding Account
Thanks.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by sbc94523
Yes, MS total = # of teens X 1000
Thank you.

Will only the teen accounts receive debit cards in their names? So I have to liquidate the funds through those debit cards, right? A lot of the places around me require name-matching for even pin-based debit cards.
Old May 23, 2015, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by somdave2005
any know if the capital one Business spark cards work with Visa Buxx? Thanks
Yes
Old May 23, 2015, 10:34 pm

Couldn't find the answer to this after digging past 10 pages.

Does the CC that you load with have to match the parent account's name?
Old May 24, 2015, 8:54 am

this might be a stupid question and sorry if it has been asked before, I have never used a BofA card to load NW buxx does it load as purchases and work with NW buxx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.