Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 8:37 pm

I think I just made a horrible mistake....
I signed up using my own information as "parent". When I tried to add a Teen card with my information again, it won't let me submit the order.

The Parent doesn't get a card right? Only Teens get cards?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by Phantom707
Thanks for answering my question a few pages back, Bluebirdie.

For the purposes of both feasibly liquidating the card as well as staying under NationWide's radar to prevent closure, would people recommend that I keep a teen card in my own name or in someone else's name? I currently have a parent account in my name with my own information, and I have a teen card with the information of an older relative.

I know that it would be easier to liquidate the teen card if it were in my own name. At the same time, I don't know if Nationwide would find that (having the parent account information being the same as the teen) to be suspicious.

I know that a lot of people maintain more than one teen card, but if I could only keep one, which would seem to be best?
I personally would keep the card with my name. At POS (point of sales), I've seen cashier or CS checking ID sometimes. So I have only applied for cards to go with a person who would use the card. However, if you only use ATM, then it probably would not matter although ALL ATM has security video ;-) Not trying to scare anyone, just stating the fact
Old May 26, 2015, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
I signed up using my own information as "parent". When I tried to add a Teen card with my information again, it won't let me submit the order.

You're correct. The parent does not get a card.

Do you recall the error message? And which buxx card were you applying?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:11 pm

Well, you invited some trouble there my friend. Hope for the best now.
last time I did this I ended up with Pfraud status.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bluebirdie
You're correct. The parent does not get a card.

Do you recall the error message? And which buxx card were you applying?
The NW Buxx card. Is there a way to undo it?
Old May 27, 2015, 12:15 am

The NW Buxx card. Is there a way to undo it?
Without knowing the error, I can only guess that the order was cancelled. But I did some testing, and here may be a way to check.

Log in as the parent, then Manage teen. If you don't see the teen card, then the card was never created. You can go ahead and try to create the teen card again. Only be careful this time :-)

Last edited by Bluebirdie; May 27, 2015 at 12:39 am
Old May 27, 2015, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by coolblues
Well, you invited some trouble there my friend. Hope for the best now.
last time I did this I ended up with Pfraud status.
Uhh..I don't think the OP was referring to the USB Buxx card but rather the NW Buxx card.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:28 am

[QUOTE=sungchiahao;24873718]I think I just made a horrible mistake....

The Parent doesn't get a card right? Only Teens get cards?[/QUOTE

I've had a NW where my husband is parent and I'm teen. I just added him as a teen to that account with no problem.

The problem is I can't seem to load using my ink card. I've already hit the $1000 for the month loading my teen card. Is there a $1000 monthly limit per credit card?

My AU card is a different number so I added that to my account where I am the parent and my husband is the teen. I tried loading his teen card there and I still get that same message can't complete try another card payment.

Any ideas why?
Old May 27, 2015, 6:26 am

[QUOTE=YoungBubbie;24874998]

The Parent doesn't get a card right? Only Teens get cards?[/QUOTE

I've had a NW where my husband is parent and I'm teen. I just added him as a teen to that account with no problem.

The problem is I can't seem to load using my ink card. I've already hit the $1000 for the month loading my teen card. Is there a $1000 monthly limit per credit card?

My AU card is a different number so I added that to my account where I am the parent and my husband is the teen. I tried loading his teen card there and I still get that same message can't complete try another card payment.

Any ideas why?
First, remember the load limits are based on a rolling 30 day not calendar month. Second, it may be chase declining the charge.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

Any ideas why?
Not sure if I understood your question completely. I believe the 1k limit is per teen card, not per CC.
Have you checked to see if you got any fraud alert from chase?
Old May 27, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Bluebirdie
Not sure if I understood your question completely. I believe the 1k limit is per teen card, not per CC.
Have you checked to see if you got any fraud alert from chase?
I thought it was per teen not per credit card that's why I can't figure out why it won't take. I did get a fraud alert but I cleared that. I do have cash advance available. Can't figure out why it won't take. I don't want to use another credit card as I need to make a minimum spend on the ink and want to keep my loads open for that.

I know when I had my TD go for some reason it would never load my United MP card. The only time I was able to load using that card was when they stopped using CC that were not TD. My United card was still listed and I was able to use that for a few months till it finally dropped. Go figure.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:03 am

Error Message:

Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Has anyone tried to load NW Buxx with a Bank of America AS card? Does it code as a purchase and earn miles? Thanks!
Old May 27, 2015, 12:21 pm

Error Message:

Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method.
Ah! Have you added a funding method like a CC? Check the card info to make sure it's correct. I once entered an incorrect digit on the ccv and got that same error. Once corrected, I was good to go.

As soon as you have a correct CC info on file, you should be able to add a teen card. Do let us know how it goes.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I thought it was per teen not per credit card that's why I can't figure out why it won't take. I did get a fraud alert but I cleared that. I do have cash advance available. Can't figure out why it won't take. I don't want to use another credit card as I need to make a minimum spend on the ink and want to keep my loads open for that. ..
I see. Let me see if I got it right... Your teen card hit the 1k limit. So you can not add any more fund. However, you tried to add fund with another account's teen card and got the FA (fraud alert). After clearing the FA, still no go.

Before proceeding with the following, I would check the ink account to make sure no pending charges total up to the CL (credit limit). Then...

I think it's a chase system alert for account based activities with a specific merchant. Some people reported no luck after such alert. But if you're in need to meet the spend, here's what I'd try. Call Chase and let them know you have a large charge coming up. They'd ask you the merchant and purpose. Once ok, they'll put a note on your card as pre-approval. After the call, fund your desired teen card. And do the funding within the window you gave them. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.