Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by givingitatry
I tried getting some cash back using a USBuxx card and both times it didn't like the transaction. I am only talking $5 and $10 bucks when buying a big gulp. Is there a setting to disallow cash back? I read back a few pages and it looks like getting cash back should be an option.
This does not work! I've explained this several times on this very thread. There's a function called "search" you know...
Old May 15, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jptravels4fun
Sorry if this question is weak but:
Can you use AMEX for NW and U.S. Buxx? I am just talking meeting minimum spend if you can not get points as well. Thank you
USB is visa and MC only
Old May 15, 2015, 1:32 pm

I just got 2 different Citibank reps saying no more debit (NW buxx cards) to pay off Citibank CC. I was able to do it 2 days ago.
Anyone else experience this?
Old May 15, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by jptravels4fun
I just got 2 different Citibank reps saying no more debit (NW buxx cards) to pay off Citibank CC. I was able to do it 2 days ago.
Anyone else experience this?
I called a 3rd time and finally got someone to do it...So no worries....
Old May 15, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by indelible
USB is visa and MC only
thank you
Old May 15, 2015, 5:00 pm

Loading with Virgin America Visa

Is any been able to load NW buxx with Virgin America visa? I have tried it few times and it just won't go through. I have checked and my card is open and am able to use it everywhere else.

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2015, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by umc
I loaded with my Citi AA Platinum every month and the transactions are always coded as purchases.
Is yours a MC or Visa?
Old May 16, 2015, 1:19 pm

Citi Mastercard on Nationwide Buxx card?

Hi,

will Citi (AA) Mastercard charge cash advance fee for loading Nationwide Buxx card? any data points?

thanks.
Old May 16, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Was the wiki in the Visa Buxx thread unclear to you? Big bold letters with data point reported in April 2015 for the exact product you're asking about. I see no reason for a new thread.
Old May 16, 2015, 5:16 pm
cxr

true u should of posted this in the visa buxx thread.

I just signed up with NW about a week ago and did a AA citi MC load .
does not code as CA codes as a purchase I forget exactly but mortgage or housing institution.
Old May 16, 2015, 6:26 pm

Unloading NW question

Other than atm and purchases, is there a way to unload the card such as by paying credit card bills online?

thanks and sorry if this has been answered
Old May 16, 2015, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by trey
Other than atm and purchases, is there a way to unload the card such as by paying credit card bills online?

thanks and sorry if this has been answered
serve, BB and RB
Old May 17, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by robbierob03
*Sigh* Well my adventures at WM continue. The card that was declined yesterday morning has now gone into PFRAUD status this morning. Wish I had kept the receipt showing that both transactions were declined so I could send them in if asked, but alas I wasn't thinking about that. I'll call in and see what I can do, hopefully they can pull up my conversation with the CSR from yesterday and see that it was me trying to make the transactions.

Assuming the worst case scenario and the card is closed, how long will US Band hold onto the funds? Not worried about the float - just the frustration level.
Since I brought it up, figured I'd close the loop on this one. I called US Bank and went through a fairly short conversation that resulted in my card returning to "ACTIVE" status. Yesterday I went to a different WM and had no problems using my card. Guess I just got caught up in some temporary glitch last week, happy days again!
Old May 17, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
So I haven't used buxx recently but was going to use it the other day and logged on to do a load. It showed my teens card as "closed". No reason why or anything.
Can I just "add" a new teen with the same information (my name/SSN/etc) and have a new card sent or will it not work because the teen on there now with the same info is marked as closed?
Old May 17, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by air360
So I haven't used buxx recently but was going to use it the other day and logged on to do a load. It showed my teens card as "closed". No reason why or anything.
Can I just "add" a new teen with the same information (my name/SSN/etc) and have a new card sent or will it not work because the teen on there now with the same info is marked as closed?
Did you try to call CS to clarify before you added a "new" teen? afaik with USbuxx, a new card costs $17.50 for the first load. I don't have NWbuxx so I don't know how it works. Have you re-read the T&C to find out if the terms on T&C regarding card closure?

Unless you had it dormant for 90 days or more, it was me, I'd call first to find out why a teen card got closed. Then I will work on other options, if any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.