Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
US Bank Buxx issues at Walmart?

Had an unfortunate issue with trying to load a serve card at WM this morning with my US Buxx. Tried loading $1000 and $500 at customer service, and while the key pad would show approved after my pin the register would end up rejecting the load.

I've never had problems with this before so I called US Bank and they could see the transactions, but then for some reason the WM terminal would deny it. US Bank confirmed no holds were on my card and it should have been fine to use.

Is this a one off or has anyone else had problems? I would have tried to buy a MO just to test but MO's were down this morning. It's not the end of the world if I have to resort to buying MO's at other establishments, but it was certainly convenient to head to WM and load serve twice a month.
Old May 10, 2015, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by robbierob03
Had an unfortunate issue with trying to load a serve card at WM this morning with my US Buxx. Tried loading $1000 and $500 at customer service, and while the key pad would show approved after my pin the register would end up rejecting the load.
a.) Check if you haven't hit the monthly limits
b.) Check if your sevre card is not locked .This happened in my case and I was able to load only after unblocking the card. Apparently a big billpay caused the lock on my relatively new serve account.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: SPG, SWR

I've never had problems with this before so I called US Bank and they could see the transactions, but then for some reason the WM terminal would deny it. US Bank confirmed no holds were on my card and it should have been fine to use.

Is this a one off or has anyone else had problems? I would have tried to buy a MO just to test but MO's were down this morning. It's not the end of the world if I have to resort to buying MO's at other establishments, but it was certainly convenient to head to WM and load serve twice a month.
In the Serve and RedBird threads people are stating there were issues today (confirmed when they called Amex). I was able to load one VGC at WM at CS but then tried loading another at the register and it did not go through. I would wait a day or two and try again. ^
Old May 10, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bluebirdie
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi Everyone, I am new to this as I just been using BlueBird but now need to look for ways to spend and make the first-time bonus spending for a Citi card and a AE card.

I read the wiki and some of the posts, it seems both the USB Buxx and NW Buxx cards are good for loading with Citi CC without any fees? Previously I loaded Bluebird with Citi CC but was charged cash advance fees.

So both the USB Buxx and NW Buxx will allow loading with Citi or AE CC ($2000 and $1000 limit respectively) and I can use the loaded funds to pay back the CC? Or I should have the funds pay the bill of a different card (e.g. Load USB Buxx with Citi CC to pay bill for AE but not the same Citi CC)?

Thanks very much for all the help. Have a wonderful day
I thought the first lines under USB Buxx in Wiki stated no new card issued. If there's any ways to get new USB Buxx, I'd like to get one. There's an USB right next door so it'd be super convenient for me :-)

"USB Buxx
(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)"
Sorry u cant apply for the usb buxx anymore
Old May 10, 2015, 9:29 pm
cxr

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Sorry u cant apply for the usb buxx anymore
what about the nationwide? or does it have its own thread?

read the WIKI

Last edited by cxr; May 10, 2015 at 11:04 pm
Old May 10, 2015, 11:04 pm
cxr

Originally Posted by ed765
This seems to imply that as many as 4 teen cards might be useful, with each one loaded for $1000 per month.

If one is using the cards get money from ATM's one could feed the cards through a machine one after another (possibly then adding the cash on to a Serve).

If used to pay a credit card bill, I am not certain whether one could use all of the cards in one phone call if the names on the cards were different, even though all belonged to one family. In my limited experience with using them to pay a CITI bill I was asked whether I had the authority to use these cards and could say yes, since my name was on the card, and the bill was in my name. If it was say a teen of mine, or spouse would there be a issue? The bill being paid might have a different name than the name on the debit card.
trying to get up to speed.
so trying bill pay to the credit card or to anything has to be done over the phone? no online BP service? for NW
Old May 11, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Question that I didn't see answered in this thread.

What about using American Express Gift Cards, and loading that way? I see the limit of 2/cards per/7 days...so in theory you could be constantly swapping cards out!

This is for NW...

Last edited by anime333; May 11, 2015 at 2:52 am
Old May 11, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Originally Posted by anime333

What about using American Express Gift Cards, and loading that way? I see the limit of 2/cards per/7 days...so in theory you could be constantly swapping cards out!

This is for NW...
I believe you can only load with a visa or MasterCard...
Old May 11, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
*Sigh* Well my adventures at WM continue. The card that was declined yesterday morning has now gone into PFRAUD status this morning. Wish I had kept the receipt showing that both transactions were declined so I could send them in if asked, but alas I wasn't thinking about that. I'll call in and see what I can do, hopefully they can pull up my conversation with the CSR from yesterday and see that it was me trying to make the transactions.

Assuming the worst case scenario and the card is closed, how long will US Band hold onto the funds? Not worried about the float - just the frustration level.

Last edited by robbierob03; May 11, 2015 at 7:30 am
Old May 11, 2015, 10:21 am

*Sigh* Well my adventures at WM continue. The card that was declined yesterday morning has now gone into PFRAUD status this morning. Wish I had kept the receipt showing that both transactions were declined so I could send them in if asked, but alas I wasn't thinking about that. I'll call in and see what I can do, hopefully they can pull up my conversation with the CSR from yesterday and see that it was me trying to make the transactions.

Assuming the worst case scenario and the card is closed, how long will US Band hold onto the funds? Not worried about the float - just the frustration level.
Just call in and answer the fraud questions.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: IHG Plat
deleted: I'm bad at math

Last edited by indelible; May 11, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 11:19 am
cxr

Originally Posted by anime333

This is for NW...
read the terms and conditions i think i read only MC or visa
and there are restrictions on the number of times you can switch cards in 30-180 days

i think you can only have two on file at a time.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by indelible
I'm just beginning to question if its worth it (for me) to manufacture spend on USBuxx cards. Using the citi dividend card, net profit is $10 per month per card that I'm able to load (5). That's spending $10k for $50 profit.

After time and gas, not quite worth it for me. I think i'm going to shelve these and only use them for min spending.
Why are you using a 1% card?
Old May 11, 2015, 11:42 am
cxr

didnt get an answer does buxx (nw) offer online bill pay?
also which cards code as CA.. The wiki says AA codes as purchase but i swear i read somewhere it codes as CA

Last edited by cxr; May 11, 2015 at 11:52 am
Old May 11, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dukerau
Why are you using a 1% card?
Oops, I meant the double cash card, 2%...

serious case of the Mondays, my math was off lol.

$10k spend x .02 CB = $200
5 cards x $10 cost = $50

Profit = $150

I'll keep spending

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.