Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:36 pm

If you have 1 favorite ms card, you can make an au, assuming that type gives a different number for each au, and use x2. Sorry if I'm being captain obvious.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Well I know that I certainly was not able to load $2K on the same CC per 7 days. Maybe you might not notice it since your loads are probably spaced out and perhaps you flip flop between your different payment methods so its masking the issue. I am not talking about doing $2K max across all Buxx cards.
I load 4k on two ccs in one day, and another 4k on the same cards about 3 days later.

Just did 4k across two ccs today, and will do another on the 25th or so. Been doing it that way for months with no issue.

2k is definitely do able, whether you can go above 2k in 7 days though...i'll update when i do my next set
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by VizeL
I load 4k on two ccs in one day, and another 4k on the same cards about 3 days later.

Just did 4k across two ccs today, and will do another on the 25th or so. Been doing it that way for months with no issue.

2k is definitely do able, whether you can go above 2k in 7 days though...i'll update when i do my next set
This is for US Bank Buxx? Because I've never been able to load more than $500+fees in one day on a teen card with USB.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by tscateh
This is for US Bank Buxx? Because I've never been able to load more than $500+fees in one day on a teen card with USB.
yup on usb
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by tscateh
That must be related to the charge initially posting as a cash advance on your CC and your CA limit is low or something. I can load $2k to a USB Buxx in less than 2 minutes.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ILGfly
That must be related to the charge initially posting as a cash advance on your CC and your CA limit is low or something. I can load $2k to a USB Buxx in less than 2 minutes.
don't lie!

USB's site takes 2 minutes to get one load done :P
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buruch
If you have 1 favorite ms card, you can make an au, assuming that type gives a different number for each au, and use x2. Sorry if I'm being captain obvious.
Unfortunately, many, many cards use the same number for AU cards. Most Amexes don't (Fido does) but most non-biz V/MC do.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

don't lie!

It's UNREAL how slow that site is. And it even times out every now and then.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:26 pm

don't lie!

Haha you're right, that might have been a little generous to USB.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Unfortunately, many, many cards use the same number for AU cards. Most Amexes don't (Fido does) but most non-biz V/MC do.
Barclays doesn't for any of their cards. I've got 4 AUs on both my Arrival+ and Aviator Red all with different numbers.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:45 pm

Barclays doesn't for any of their cards. I've got 4 AUs on both my Arrival+ and Aviator Red all with different numbers.
Damn son, must have some serious CC limits with Barclays, they keep them pretty small for me.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:02 am

That's what I use, and shifted all the credit from usair card to bulk up the A+
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:24 pm

VISA Buxx (2015)

Love the Buxx cards. Easy money.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by buruch
That's what I use, and shifted all the credit from usair card to bulk up the A+
If you're willing to take a hard inquiry and have good annual income, Barclays will pretty much give you whatever CL you ask for IME. I was initially given 15.5k with Arrival+. Asked for $30k and it was granted it instantly. I was given 9.5k with US Airways (now Aviator Red) and asked for 20k and was granted it instantly. As I said, each CL increase request resulted in a hard inquiry but it was worth it for my MS strategy.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:35 pm

If you're willing to take a hard inquiry and have good annual income, Barclays will pretty much give you whatever CL you ask for IME. I was initially given 15.5k with Arrival+. Asked for $30k and it was granted it instantly. I was given 9.5k with US Airways (now Aviator Red) and asked for 20k and was granted it instantly. As I said, each CL increase request resulted in a hard inquiry but it was worth it for my MS strategy.
Why not just open a new card and shift?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.