Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by kenshin251
I have 1 NW buxx card. Last month I ordered another one with my name and my middle initial. My first is "John Smith" and the second is "John M. Smith" (something like that). The second card never arrived and I am hesitant to call customer service to request a new one. Can anyone offer any advice?
So let me get this straight. You ordered 2 teen buxx cards with the same SSN with same name but one 1 card it has your middle initial and the other without it. I don't think anyone has done that before (someone can correct me if I am wrong) but I don't see how you expected to sneak this past the goalie. I don't think most people have 2 teen Buxx cards in their name as well as the "parent" being the same name. Unless you are telling me you used some fake SSN for the "John M Smith" card to be unique.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: Chase UR, Amex Blue (Old)
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
So let me get this straight. You ordered 2 teen buxx cards with the same SSN with same name but one 1 card it has your middle initial and the other without it. I don't think anyone has done that before (someone can correct me if I am wrong) but I don't see how you expected to sneak this past the goalie. I don't think most people have 2 teen Buxx cards in their name as well as the "parent" being the same name. Unless you are telling me you used some fake SSN for the "John M Smith" card to be unique.
I didnt use fake SSNs. Yes the only difference is the initial between the two cards. The card shows as issued awaiting activation
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by kenshin251
I didnt use fake SSNs. Yes the only difference is the initial between the two cards. The card shows as issued awaiting activation
for the last card I requested, when I received email that card was on the way and yet 3 weeks have passed and I didn't get it, I called and they re-sent another which I received in 5 business days. Sometimes, the problem is with USPS.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
I have a similar setup with the NW Buxx card, but spread across 2 parent accounts, me and SO.

My account: My name with no middle initial, my SSN for all 3 cards, teen card with my name + middle initial, teen card with SO name with no middle initial.

SO account: SO name with no middle initial, SO SSN for all 3 cards, teen card with my name with no middle initial, teen card with SO name with middle initial.

I had the same setup with TD Buxx as well.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 am

What's the max # of teens that can be added to a parent account? I have USB with 4 cards.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by BillyFlyer
What's the max # of teens that can be added to a parent account? I have USB with 4 cards.
I have five but the issue you'll run into is usbuxx limits each CC to 4-5k loads every 30 days. There used to be a flaw in the deleting/editing of CC's allowing you to change more than the stated limits but has since been fixed.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
I have five but the issue you'll run into is usbuxx limits each CC to 4-5k loads every 30 days. There used to be a flaw in the deleting/editing of CC's allowing you to change more than the stated limits but has since been fixed.
Besides, of course, keeping track, is there any way to know when you've made changes? Any downside to just trying repeatedly to see when you get allowed to make another change?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:00 pm

So you can't just delete the CC on file and use others?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by psykopath515
per wiki:

You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.
in the past, we could "edit" CCs unlimited number of times but since last year, that loophole was fixed.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by psykopath515
Did you actually read the post? He answers your question in the second sentence.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:08 pm

Do you have an optimal CC load/change pattern that you follow to maximize what you can do monthly?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:26 pm

Question about USB Buxx. I don't know if this is a new thing recently but is USB capping the amount you can load per CC per 7 days?

Im noticing that when I attempt to load $2K collectively on the same CC per 7 days, my last load ($502.50 with fees) is always getting denied. I assume USB caps at $2K load per 7 days including fees. I haven't tested where I load including fees, load1 = $502.50, load2 = $502.50, load 3 = $502.50 and load 4 = $492.50 within 7 days to see if all transactions can go through. I assume it will since that total equals $2K.

It seems like if this is going to be the case then I'll have to rearrange my load pattern to accommodate the rolling 7 days load. There is already enough things to worry about with the time sensitive loads per rolling 30 days and now this.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:58 am

How long does it typically take to get your NW Buxx card? My wife and I both applied almost two weeks ago and haven't even got an email.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:23 am

Question about USB Buxx. I don't know if this is a new thing recently but is USB capping the amount you can load per CC per 7 days?

Im noticing that when I attempt to load $2K collectively on the same CC per 7 days, my last load ($502.50 with fees) is always getting denied. I assume USB caps at $2K load per 7 days including fees. I haven't tested where I load including fees, load1 = $502.50, load2 = $502.50, load 3 = $502.50 and load 4 = $492.50 within 7 days to see if all transactions can go through. I assume it will since that total equals $2K.

It seems like if this is going to be the case then I'll have to rearrange my load pattern to accommodate the rolling 7 days load. There is already enough things to worry about with the time sensitive loads per rolling 30 days and now this.
I don't think they have a 2k cap per 7 days... I do 2k+ in 7 days regularly. But the 5k/30 days cap does include fees as part of the "load"
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by VizeL
I don't think they have a 2k cap per 7 days... I do 2k+ in 7 days regularly. But the 5k/30 days cap does include fees as part of the "load"
Well I know that I certainly was not able to load $2K on the same CC per 7 days. Maybe you might not notice it since your loads are probably spaced out and perhaps you flip flop between your different payment methods so its masking the issue. I am not talking about doing $2K max across all Buxx cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.