Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by XP1
Last week, my card data was stolen and used at Giant in Horsham, PA and then at Exxon Mobile in Brooklyn, NY.
Did you also purchase them in either PA or NY?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:50 am
XP1

Originally Posted by rrgg
Did you also purchase them in either PA or NY?
Purchase what?

I didn't use the card in question to buy any gift cards. I have only made purchases where I live in PA.

What a coincidence that one of the suspects is from Brooklyn, NY.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:18 am

No $200 here but grabbed 21 of the $100 variety for more than 10k ultimate rewards and slight money maker
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Tip: Ask for the $200 MCs. They were in the back and it was no issue to ask for them.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Tip: Ask for the $200 MCs. They were in the back and it was no issue to ask for them.
I asked and they said none available.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
I asked and they said none available.
Me too. The clerk said "they" send them "kind of randomly" and they never know when a shipment of the gift cards will come in.

I would like to congratulate my shadowy nemesis for somehow snapping up every single freaking one of the $200 cards in my sleepy little 'burb OM before I could get there. Bravo! Next time leave me just one?

Tried another OM, no sign and no $200 cards (they don't even carry them).
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
No $200 Visa available at my OM today, plenty of $200 MC. First time I bought a stack of MCs (I also left some for the rest of you guys ) - do they work pretty much like the Visa? If not, could someone please point me to a post describing the differences, either here or via PM.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, when I asked one of the guys to check in the magic cabinet I looked over his shoulder and saw a bunch of variable load Visa cards with a design I had never seen. Didn't have much time so I didn't ask about those and risk them not working for the promo.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
To set the pin follow the directions here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...bit-cards.html You will have to call on the MC.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:14 am

can you load MC onto BB at walmart?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mikeawesome
can you load MC onto BB at walmart?
Yes, you can load the MC to your BB at Walmart.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serchjos
Yes, you can load the MC to your BB at Walmart.
Requires the workaround at registers.

No idea if it works at Kate.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:33 pm

No $200 Visa/MC and the $100 were limited but I bought some. Somehow cashier messed up entering in the promotion and nothing was taken off. He got the manager and then things got fun.

We looked at the sign and even though it says 2 per household he said he didn't care and would only honor 1. He went on to rant about how he had to call my credit card to get permission for anything over $200 in giftcards. We walked back to cashier area and he did refund $20 to my credit card but said he needed to see licence and he walks off with them. I asked him where he was going and he went and made a copy of my credit card and licence. Then he got on his mic thing and went on rant to staff about how "f*cking ___ rang up over $200 without asking manager and calling credit card don't do this." I tried a little more to get him to fix it but he was loosing it so I left.

Called support and they say they can't do anything only store manager can...fun
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:36 pm

Only $200 mcs at my location were usbank issued. No metabank in stock over $50 today so I left empty handed. Was I correct that promo does not work on usbank issued cards?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mhahnster
Only $200 mcs at my location were usbank issued. No metabank in stock over $50 today so I left empty handed. Was I correct that promo does not work on usbank issued cards?
Worked for me. No VISAs, so I bought MasterCard GCs.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by jt.08
No $200 Visa/MC and the $100 were limited but I bought some. Somehow cashier messed up entering in the promotion and nothing was taken off. He got the manager and then things got fun.

We looked at the sign and even though it says 2 per household he said he didn't care and would only honor 1. He went on to rant about how he had to call my credit card to get permission for anything over $200 in giftcards. We walked back to cashier area and he did refund $20 to my credit card but said he needed to see licence and he walks off with them. I asked him where he was going and he went and made a copy of my credit card and licence. Then he got on his mic thing and went on rant to staff about how "f*cking ___ rang up over $200 without asking manager and calling credit card don't do this." I tried a little more to get him to fix it but he was loosing it so I left.

Called support and they say they can't do anything only store manager can...fun
Officemax is literally the worst store ever, dont know how they are still in business with such crappy levels of service. They have no redressal mechanisms in place. So if you have a complaint, it just goes to the person you are complaining against.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.