Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:41 pm

are you guys seeing $200 visa gc being restocked at your stores?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeawesome
My super friendly OM store only restock once a week and it is either Tue or Wed. Today is the last day of promo. They ran out of the $200 Visa 2 days ago and ran out of $200 MC yesterday but plenty of $100 Visa left (literally stacks of them inside the cabinet). This is my only OM that is practical for me to go to because OD which HQ is in my area closed down OM stores that had an OD store nearby. Luckily the one OM store OD decided to keep is this one.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 20, 2014 at 3:32 pm
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
My super friendly OM store only restock once a week and it is either Tue or Wed. Today is the last day of promo. They ran out of the $200 Visa 2 days ago and ran out of $200 MC yesterday but plenty of $100 Visa left (literally stacks of them inside the cabinet). I bought $600, $600 and $300 with 3 transactions on 3 different Inks. I could have bought even more as my store manager allows it but he "knows" me for a long time.
the promo lasts til the 27th unless it changes regionally. The stores I went to have full stock of $200 MC but out of the $200 Visa.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
My super friendly OM store only restock once a week and it is either Tue or Wed. Today is the last day of promo. They ran out of the $200 Visa 2 days ago and ran out of $200 MC yesterday but plenty of $100 Visa left (literally stacks of them inside the cabinet). This is my only OM that is practical for me to go to because OD which HQ is in my area closed down OM stores that had an OD store nearby. Luckily the one OM store OD decided to keep is this one.
I thought the promo lasts till 12/27. Did they just change it?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the promo lasts til the 27th unless it changes regionally. The stores I went to have full stock of $200 MC but out of the $200 Visa.
Thanks for the information.

Store manager told me today was the last day. They did not have the sign up so I did not know. If it goes thru 27th, then I would return to check if they restock on Tue or Wed. $100 is still quite a reasonable deal other than it is PITA to unload.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Some store employees have also told me that today's their last day for this promotion, but they're so used to one week, Sunday to Saturday, sales that maybe they're just assuming. The promotion sign clearly states end date of 12/27. Hopefully some stores will be restocked for the last push Christmas week to pump up their sales numbers. It really does bring more people into the store that end up buying other things. I've also bought other things at OM during this sale. This has been one of the best promotions for me due to finding enough stock and it's still not over.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Went by the only OM we have in the area today. Only $100 and smaller dominations left in stock. Took 3 of the VGC issued by GW, cashier was super friendly and had the barcode for the special right in her binder. Too bad I had to pay the fee 3x but with the $10 Amex offer still some $13 in free money. Going back in a day or 2 to use my 2nd Amex offer.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
nope, its all gone for me,i have 3 locations and all of it is gone. I've only got 2K so far.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:55 pm

Data Point:

I went to my local OM, got the last 200 visa and 2 200 MCs, then walked over to Wally. I set the PINs on MCs (USBank), did the workaround on an old POS. Would not go through for me on MC, authorization in progress was long and finally got cancelled out. Tried Visa and worked flawlessly. Any of you experience the same issues from the OM Promo?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
Data Point:

I went to my local OM, got the last 200 visa and 2 200 MCs, then walked over to Wally. I set the PINs on MCs (USBank), did the workaround on an old POS. Would not go through for me on MC, authorization in progress was long and finally got cancelled out. Tried Visa and worked flawlessly. Any of you experience the same issues from the OM Promo?
I loaded MC with Kate on Wednesday with no issues.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Data Point:

This is nothing new. MC are trouble at WM unless you have a Kate.

You MAY be able to get them through using sub-$50 transactions. I had at least one case where I could not get MC to process on an older system, but it went fine if I broke it up as $40, $40, $20. Yes I was desperate to prove I could dump the thing, it's not cost/time-effective to do regularly.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:54 pm

Data Point:

Yes, has happened to me twice, now do not buy US bank anymore...Those cards did not work debit, when I called I was told I tried to use at ATM had to use it as 'credit' and bought the meta cards using it, cost me additional 6.95.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
This is nothing new. MC are trouble at WM unless you have a Kate.

You MAY be able to get them through using sub-$50 transactions. I had at least one case where I could not get MC to process on an older system, but it went fine if I broke it up as $40, $40, $20. Yes I was desperate to prove I could dump the thing, it's not cost/time-effective to do regularly.
whats your process in loading kate with MCs?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by jt.08
No $200 Visa/MC and the $100 were limited but I bought some. Somehow cashier messed up entering in the promotion and nothing was taken off. He got the manager and then things got fun.

We looked at the sign and even though it says 2 per household he said he didn't care and would only honor 1. He went on to rant about how he had to call my credit card to get permission for anything over $200 in giftcards. We walked back to cashier area and he did refund $20 to my credit card but said he needed to see licence and he walks off with them. I asked him where he was going and he went and made a copy of my credit card and licence. Then he got on his mic thing and went on rant to staff about how "f*cking ___ rang up over $200 without asking manager and calling credit card don't do this." I tried a little more to get him to fix it but he was loosing it so I left.

Called support and they say they can't do anything only store manager can...fun
Corporate needs to know they have a manager using profanity not only in front of customers, but cussing out their staff on the pa system. I would also go to another location if you can and let them know what happen.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
whats your process in loading kate with MCs?
Call the number to set a pin, then unload it at a Kate like normal. If you don't call to set a pin, then Kate will just decline the transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.