Wiki Posts
Search

Apple Pay just changed the MS GAME!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by kingrat
I don't think so - I stopped using iphone a few years ago but is fingerprint mandatory to use or can it be disabled?
You don't need to have TouchID enabled just to use the phone. I would imagine it would be required for Apple Pay though. Why would you not want to use TouchID for payments even if you had the option?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by payeco
You don't need to have TouchID enabled just to use the phone. I would imagine it would be required for Apple Pay though. Why would you not want to use TouchID for payments even if you had the option?
I am hoping there is an option for TouchID + 4-digit PIN. Maybe PIN to enter the ApplePay app, and TouchID to authorize payment.

I still don't stand 100% behind TouchID. I'll be picking up the 6 or 6+ in November, barring any catastrophic problems after release.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:13 pm

Because the problem with biometric security features is, if that information is cloned or stolen, you can't get a new finger.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tuppins
Because the problem with biometric security features is, if that information is cloned or stolen, you can't get a new finger.
If you've got someone after you cloning your finger and stealing your phone, you've got bigger problems than a fraudulent CC charge.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:40 pm

If you've got someone after you cloning your finger and stealing your phone, you've got bigger problems than a fraudulent CC charge.
Clone as in, "make a copy of." And if biometric security becomes commonplace, so will copying and data theft of that information.
3D printers will make it even more so.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
The only usefulness is if you could make pin-based transactions with apple pay and you can add OV/VGC. Perhaps use apay, then choose debit on the terminal, then enter pin. I've searched, but I haven't found any specs on apay allowing debit purchases. While it'd be great, I find it hard to believe there will ever be a day when you can purchase MO with an iphone. Hope I eat my words.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Apple Pay just changed the MS GAME!

ApplePay only changes the ms game if they allow you to use iTunes credit to pay for items in other point of sales. Buy iTunes gift cards at office stores with bold and load up. Spend elsewhere. I highly doubt this will be the case though.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:17 am

I stopped using iphone when they keep changing all the plugs to get you to buy more items.

Right now I can hand my CC to my wife or daughter to use and no issues. I didn't think apple had multiple profiles to use for users but I see your point.

Why doesn't the USA finally catch up to the world have require pins for every purchase. I saw that when I lived in Brazil 10 years ago..

Bahh isheep bahh
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Right now I can hand my CC to my wife or daughter to use and no issues. I didn't think apple had multiple profiles to use for users but I see your point.
And you will still be able to do that. Apple Pay does not replace your physical plastic card, it supplements it. What is your problem here?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
NO, the softcard doesn't hold money. you get your credits in your Serve account. if you swipe your Serve card, you won't get the $1 credit, you have to do contactless payment where applicable.

Since most of my grocery stores and WM don't have the contactless payment, I have not tried for MO and GC. but at WAG, I used contactless payment to take $1 off the purchase fees of my OVs and PPMC and those are credited back to my Serve account.
DELETE I figured it out.

Last edited by cabby; Sep 11, 2014 at 8:36 am
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
And you will still be able to do that. Apple Pay does not replace your physical plastic card, it supplements it. What is your problem here?
Some choose to see problems, especially when one has already established an opinion. No amount of reason can get through an undue ego.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by kaiotes
not really.
trying buying a high dollar GC w your ISIS phone.
most of the cashiers are gona be like give me your last four digits, i wana see your ID blahblabhalbhlabhlabhalbh
I do it all the time. Some cashiers are confused, and they ask for ID. OK, I give them their ID, then they look at the phone. There is no name to compare, there are no numbers on the card, except first 4 ones. More than that, when I get a receipt, the last 4 numbers are different from the real card.
Most of the cashiers know about NFC payments, and they don't ask for anything, just like it suppose to be.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Mamibear
I have done ten but not all of those are for OVs or PPMC since they limit to 2 which I am willing to abide. I buy their clearance school supplies for a little above one so they come out some cents after the $1 is credited to my account. I get the credits in 24 to 48 hrs after the transaction.

btw, as always YMMV as to how many you'll be allowed. I have friendly W stores.
I've done 4 yesterday, when buying PPMC.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
this technology will only be allowed for small purchases (coffee, lunch).

I predict that the business accepting payment wont allow it for anything over $10-$25 or so.

Same as the Visa PayWave.

This changes nothing.. and has virtually no effect on the MS game.
I've done more than $2k purchases with ISIS. No problem there. Apple Pay is just another name for NFC payments. I don't think there will a be difference with others, cause they use the same NFC terminals at the same stores. So far I've done this at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, -4.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:29 am
Suspended

I stopped using iphone when they keep changing all the plugs to get you to buy more items.
Right, that's why the changed the connector, once, in the last 11 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.