Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apple Pay just changed the MS GAME!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by payeco
Right, that's why the changed the connector, once, in the last 11 years.
yep you are correct - so correct and right and I am wrong.. Bless you
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
And you will still be able to do that. Apple Pay does not replace your physical plastic card, it supplements it. What is your problem here?
Besides I make a comment about Apple nothing is wrong but I am super gald that you are concerned about me. Thanks for asking.

Bahh isheep bahh
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Right, that's why the changed the connector, once, in the last 11 years.
iPhone was released in 2007, AFAIR, and this is less than 11 years.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by yugi
iPhone was released in 2007, AFAIR, and this is less than 11 years.
You do know that iPods used the 30 Pin connector and existed long before the iPhone came out in 2007. The Apple 30 Pin connector has been out since 2003. So payeco was right in that the 30 Pin connector was changed only once in the last 11 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_connector

Last edited by ericdabbs; Sep 11, 2014 at 11:47 am
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
You do know that iPods used the 30 Pin connector and existed long before the iPhone came out in 2007. The Apple 30 Pin connector has been out since 2003. So payeco was right in that the 30 Pin connector has been around for awhile but was off in the number of years since Apple switched to the Lightning port since 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dock_connector
yep - Actually it was my newest iphone while working with my bose sound dock it could would not charge it and then my car adapter wouldnt work, etc so it was time to get out of only apple webosphere
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by kingrat
yep - Actually it was my newest iphone while working with my bose sound dock it could would not charge it and then my car adapter wouldnt work, etc so it was time to get out of only apple webosphere
That's because those manufacturers were too cheap to stop using firewire for data and power and update the design. If they had used USB for charging and data like Apple recommended to accessory makers your stuff would have still worked, even to this day, with a cheap 30 pin to lightning adapter. My sound dock from 2006 still works, including charging, with my iPhone 5s and a lightning adapter I got for $5 bucks on eBay because the manufacturer used USB for charging and data like Apple recommended.

That's besides the point though. Cell phones sold when you bought those products that stopped working used a different connector than cell phones sold now do. Why is it only Apple that's somehow supposed to come up with one connector that can be used forever? That's the whole reason they created the lightning connector, by the way. One connector that would last them 10+ years going forward. If/when Android phones start to require USB 3.0 for charging and data, all those USB 2.0 microUSB cables you have now won't work on those new phones. MicroUSB 3.0 is a different connector.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:21 pm

If/when Android phones start to require USB 3.0 for charging and data, all those USB 2.0 microUSB cables you have now won't work on those new phones. MicroUSB 3.0 is a different connector.
Actually, that's not true. MicroUSB 3.0 is retrocompatible with 2.0 (you plug it in the half of the connector that looks the same). You just won't have all the more speed and more rapid charging that 3.0 brings.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikex163
Actually, that's not true. MicroUSB 3.0 is retrocompatible with 2.0 (you plug it in the half of the connector that looks the same). You just won't have all the more speed and more rapid charging that 3.0 brings.
Right, so the old cable won't work exactly the same on news phones as it did on old ones. That's what the other guy was .....ing about.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:29 pm

That's not I understood, and you didn't seem to be talking about that ("all those USB 2.0 microUSB cables you have now won't work"), but ok you win, I couldn't care less.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:33 pm
Suspended

And who is paying for this "convenience"? Apple for sure wants to get a cut of the credit card fees. They are not gonna provide Apple Pay for free. And I bet the credit card companies are not gonna pay Apple.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
And who is paying for this "convenience"? Apple for sure wants to get a cut of the credit card fees. They are not gonna provide Apple Pay for free. And I bet the credit card companies are not gonna pay Apple.
Actually that's exactly how it's going to work

Apple to collect swipe fees from banks for Apple Pay transactions - report

Cutting down on the risk of fraud is certainly worth a small cut of the fees.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Actually that's exactly how it's going to work

Apple to collect swipe fees from banks for Apple Pay transactions - report

Cutting down on the risk of fraud is certainly worth a small cut of the fees.
..until a hacker with a wireless reader sets up shop in an area were lots of people congregate and wirelessly steals the money from the credit cards loaded in the phone.
Besides, who wants an iPhone with the increasingly crappy iOS: full with bugs, slow WiFi, battery drains, freezes, etc.
And I am for sure NOT going to give them my fingerprints.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:49 pm
Suspended

..until a hacker with a wireless reader sets up shop in an area were lots of people congregate and wirelessly steals the money from the credit cards loaded in the phone.
Besides, who wants an iPhone with the increasingly crappy iOS: full with bugs, slow WiFi, battery drains, freezes, etc.
And I am for sure NOT going to give them my fingerprints.
I'm not sure what world you're living in.

Fingerprint is stored on the device only.

And you trust Google with your data over Apple?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:53 pm
Suspended

I'm not sure what world you're living in.

Fingerprint is stored on the device only.

And you trust Google with your data over Apple?
Already forgotten the iCloud disaster?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Already forgotten the iCloud disaster?
Which disaster was that? As has already discussed in this thread the images that came from iCloud were the result of people breaking to to celebs accounts because they had weak passwords and/or security questions. iCloud was not compromised from a security standpoint. Some of the images were clearly not even taken on Apple devices, you can see they're using Android and Blackberries in the mirrors in the pictures themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.