Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ericliujian
You can't use the direct deposit numbers to ACH out. And there's a monthly fee of $5 after 180 days of non-activity.
Note: There is a 3% transfer fee for PP Biz Debit MC. Time to say goodbye.

Debit load limit
$200/day - reset at 12pm PST.
7/21 - Load limit back down to $100 a day. This keeps fluctuating, so just check your account and not the wiki.

It seems that Chime doesn't like you having a large balance so make sure you use the card every now and then. See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23173754-post47.html

Chime will suspend account for rapid unloading, large purchases/withdrawals are more likely to get flagged.

A friend of a user has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.

Debit card loads that WORK
PP Biz Debit MC (1% cb confirmed as of June loads)

Debit card loads that DON'T WORK (that have been tested)
Metabank VGC
USBank MC GC
Vanilla MCGC
Print Wikipost

Chime Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
If I apply for a Chime card, is there any hard hit? Soft hit? No credit pull?
thx
Check out their FAQs at https://www.chimecard.com/support

Specific to your question » https://chimecard.helpscoutdocs.com/...y-credit-score

As always, read through the FAQs, T&C, and whatever else you can find on their site (at least) on the product you're planning to use, 90% of the questions are answered there already. The rest you can check in here.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by coolblues
Yes.. I can confirm that. That's how I liquidated when they shut me down.

good to know about citi payment.
how much were you pushing through when you got shutdown?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:33 pm

Beware CHIME is stealing your money!

I was reviewing my account today and noticed my account balance did not match up with the sum of the transactions posted to my account. I manually went through line by line of each transaction to calculate what the correct account balance should be. To my surprise, $260+ was missing! I also found out one of my $100 debit load in July was not posted to my CHIME account. I called CHIME customer service (number on the back of your card) immediately and the rep was able to verified that my account balance showed up on CHIME website was indeed incorrect. She said she need to submit a ticket to the corporate office and will call me back when this issue is resolved. After I hanged up the phone, I checked my girl friend's CHIME account and noticed she had $8 missing as well. Her account is fairly new and did not have as many transactions as mine. But yet, money is still missing. So, it might be a system wide issue. If you have CHIME, make sure you check your account balance.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:06 am

Just checked all transactions, seem to be ok.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:57 am

In my case, the balance showing on my CHIME account did not equal to the real balance when I added up all the transactions myself. I entered each and every transactions posted on CHIME to an excel spreadsheet. The total balance as calculated with excel is over $300 but CHIME shows only $60+. CHIME is adding up the total balance incorrectly. Some money is missing.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by leon22
In my case, the balance showing on my CHIME account did not equal to the real balance when I added up all the transactions myself. I entered each and every transactions posted on CHIME to an excel spreadsheet. The total balance as calculated with excel is over $300 but CHIME shows only $60+. CHIME is adding up the total balance incorrectly. Some money is missing.
Apparently it all got funneled into my account. With my $100 load this morning, my balance did not increase by $100, instead it doubled the dollar amount. ($913.25 + $100 = $1826.25).

Thanks guys.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by adamant628
Apparently it all got funneled into my account. With my $100 load this morning, my balance did not increase by $100, instead it doubled the dollar amount. ($913.25 + $100 = $1826.25).

Thanks guys.
Really, you got free money?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by leon22
Really, you got free money?
well, leon, they had to put your money SOMEwhere.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:08 pm

Effective October 3rd, the Chime Card will start to charge 3% for uploads from PP MC.
(Got that message when I uploaded this evening.)

Not sure how many of their sync-like deals will pay for that kind of fee.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Aleriem
Effective October 3rd, the Chime Card will start to charge 3% for uploads from PP MC.
(Got that message when I uploaded this evening.)

Not sure how many of their sync-like deals will pay for that kind of fee.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
... That sucks, I just got this card too...
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by hitman1420
... That sucks, I just got this card too...
I actually liked this card, even with just the $100 limit. I set it as my homepage and do the few clicks every morning.
I am surprised it took so long, Chime and Paypal BDMC are both issued by The Bancorp Bank. To top it off Citibank accepts Chime as payment! A great way to make miles & cash. RIP.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Just got the email about the updated T&C. "Some" debit cards will be charged the fee. Looks like most major bank debit cards are excluded. Daily limit will also officially be raised to $200/day.

If PP MC are charged it definitely kills the last remaining usefulness of this card now that MPs with CC are pretty much completely dried up.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:26 am

The sync deals have become pretty terrible. They started out so promising, but I guess that wasn't sustainable.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:44 pm

any one ever tried using the checking and routing account number for bill pay? what happens?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:00 pm

they'll reverse it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.