Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ericliujian
You can't use the direct deposit numbers to ACH out. And there's a monthly fee of $5 after 180 days of non-activity.
Note: There is a 3% transfer fee for PP Biz Debit MC. Time to say goodbye.

Debit load limit
$200/day - reset at 12pm PST.
7/21 - Load limit back down to $100 a day. This keeps fluctuating, so just check your account and not the wiki.

It seems that Chime doesn't like you having a large balance so make sure you use the card every now and then. See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23173754-post47.html

Chime will suspend account for rapid unloading, large purchases/withdrawals are more likely to get flagged.

A friend of a user has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.

Debit card loads that WORK
PP Biz Debit MC (1% cb confirmed as of June loads)

Debit card loads that DON'T WORK (that have been tested)
Metabank VGC
USBank MC GC
Vanilla MCGC
Print Wikipost

Chime Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:33 pm

I applied on 7/3 as well and received it 7/25. They sent an email apologizing and giving a $10 promotional credit to Walmart. Spend $10 and get $10. Thanks for the PP Biz card tip.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Chime Card

Do you have to give your SSN for this card?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by lakers6902
Do you have to give your SSN for this card?
Just like any other product... yes.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:26 am

does the linked debit card need to have the same name as the chime card? was wondering if I can use my PPMC to fund both my and my husband's chime..

TIA
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Looks like the card is for teens or those with very, very limited spending. Either they will need to change the model and lift the restrictions/limits or die on the vine. Might be a good time to get in but also looks like a lot of bookkeeping for very small returns...and fast shutdowns. (Seriously? 3k? Geeez.)
Pretty clearly they intend to make their money like Amex Sync Offers - so the merchants give them the money essentially, not you. So shutting down people moving any volume and not spending at the offered merchants is *good* for their business model and will help ensure they *don't* die, even though some of the people here may not like it.

ETA: For a debit card load, I think it has to be in the name of the account holder, doesn't it ? They don't even ask for the name on it, just the account number(s)/expiration.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:57 pm

Data point: successfully loaded Chime with MP at RA today (at the register). The funds showed up in the account within 10 minutes.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Pecan Pie
does the linked debit card need to have the same name as the chime card? was wondering if I can use my PPMC to fund both my and my husband's chime..

TIA
I got a 2nd PPMC from my PP account and used it for my wife. However, once i started loading her Chime, I couldn't load mine anymore [using my PPMC] (I get a debit card load error and that I should call them. I've been too lazy to do it).
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by ramadugu
I applied on 7/3 as well and received it 7/25. They sent an email apologizing and giving a $10 promotional credit to Walmart. Spend $10 and get $10. Thanks for the PP Biz card tip.
FYI, I had a $5 off $75 promo for the mart and it worked on a PIN purchase for me.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:41 pm

TIA
I could use the answer to this as well...
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:42 am

does the card work with citi pay by phone?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by allen060421
does the card work with citi pay by phone?
Yes.. I can confirm that. That's how I liquidated when they shut me down.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98
I got a 2nd PPMC from my PP account and used it for my wife. However, once i started loading her Chime, I couldn't load mine anymore [using my PPMC] (I get a debit card load error and that I should call them. I've been too lazy to do it).
is the second PPMC in your name or in your wife's name?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:51 pm

Did 2K in GD loads; got suspended/shutdown. Only a few purchases at grocery stores, max balance ever was 1.5K. Tried spreading it out with 1.5K end of July then .5K beginning of this month. Yikes.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:12 pm

is the second PPMC in your name or in your wife's name?
second PPMC is in my wife's name, but is my account. Anyway, once August rolled over, I'm fine now loading both my Chime [with my PPMC] and her Chime [with her as my AU PPMC]. I noticed I only have a $100 load limit while she has a $200 load limit. I think there is a monthly load limit since my loads started working again as soon as 8/1 rolled around.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:24 pm
Suspended

If I apply for a Chime card, is there any hard hit? Soft hit? No credit pull?
thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.