Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ericliujian
You can't use the direct deposit numbers to ACH out. And there's a monthly fee of $5 after 180 days of non-activity.
Note: There is a 3% transfer fee for PP Biz Debit MC. Time to say goodbye.

Debit load limit
$200/day - reset at 12pm PST.
7/21 - Load limit back down to $100 a day. This keeps fluctuating, so just check your account and not the wiki.

It seems that Chime doesn't like you having a large balance so make sure you use the card every now and then. See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23173754-post47.html

Chime will suspend account for rapid unloading, large purchases/withdrawals are more likely to get flagged.

A friend of a user has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.

Debit card loads that WORK
PP Biz Debit MC (1% cb confirmed as of June loads)

Debit card loads that DON'T WORK (that have been tested)
Metabank VGC
USBank MC GC
Vanilla MCGC
Print Wikipost

Chime Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:12 pm
Suspended

back down to $100.... this is so weird.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:31 pm

Seems like they have too many eyeballs looking over transactions for large purchases shortly after loading with MPs. Apparently not enough customers if they can scrutinize a $1495 and $475 grocery store purchase as grounds for suspension.

For those still using this card, probably best to let a low amount of funds sit for a while. I was told 3 weeks would be a "safe" time frame but I think some seasoning with everyday purchases may be most helpful.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:03 am

Update: Looks like they will be charging 3% for using PPBD MC.
Was going to load some funds and I saw this:

"Note: As of Oct 8th, 2014 there may be up to a 3% transfer fee for this card."

Why does this debit card have a transfer fee?

Over 80% of the debit cards out there can be used to load your Chime Card at no charge. Some debit cards (mostly smaller banks) can incur a fee up to 3%. We’ll always let you know if the fee will apply before you make the transfer."

Can you guys confirm? If this is true, another dead card.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by JayTheBillionaire
Update: Looks like they will be charging 3% for using PPBD MC.
Was going to load some funds and I saw this:

"Note: As of Oct 8th, 2014 there may be up to a 3% transfer fee for this card."

Why does this debit card have a transfer fee?

Over 80% of the debit cards out there can be used to load your Chime Card at no charge. Some debit cards (mostly smaller banks) can incur a fee up to 3%. We’ll always let you know if the fee will apply before you make the transfer."

Can you guys confirm? If this is true, another dead card.
Did you bother to read ANY of this thread before asking a question that's been answered within the last 2 pages (of an only 9 page) thread?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Did you bother to read ANY of this thread before asking a question that's been answered within the last 2 pages (of an only 9 page) thread?
Read the wiki Nothing there.
But thanks for the answer. I'll take back a step
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:27 am

I couldn't load my Serve with Chime as a debit card this morning. Serve says to check with my Visa card bank. Anyone able to load Serve with Chime this month yet?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98
I couldn't load my Serve with Chime as a debit card this morning. Serve says to check with my Visa card bank. Anyone able to load Serve with Chime this month yet?
I had the same issue. What are other ways to empty this card?

Last edited by anagoree; Oct 4, 2014 at 10:44 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by anagoree
I had the same issue. What are other ways to empty this card?
MO/BP.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:00 pm

Hopefully just a temporary glitch. Did you try hitting change payment?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by jk2
Did anybody get miles for load with DL ST?
Did you ever get an answer for ST? I just received my card yesterday.

JudyJFLA
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
Chime is useless, haven't used it once since applying, kind of regret it now.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:41 pm
Suspended

+1. Useless. I too, have not used it once since I got it.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:50 am

Added $100 from PP business debit, there is no $3 fee. Maybe it starts tomorrow?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:29 am

I did a test load of just a buck from PPBD and din't see a fee. I didn't think it would hurt to call, as it was pretty legitimate question and my card is brand new so nothing is unusual about my account. CSR didn't sound like he was very definate, but said that a fee might be assesed within 24 hours, but he had no way of telling how much. I'm actually a bit suprsed if there is a delay as everything else with this card seems like it updates very fast. Fingers crossed this will wind up useful beyond to initial $10 bonus and free coffee I got.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Peridot83
I did a test load of just a buck from PPBD and din't see a fee. I didn't think it would hurt to call, as it was pretty legitimate question and my card is brand new so nothing is unusual about my account. CSR didn't sound like he was very definate, but said that a fee might be assesed within 24 hours, but he had no way of telling how much. I'm actually a bit suprsed if there is a delay as everything else with this card seems like it updates very fast. Fingers crossed this will wind up useful beyond to initial $10 bonus and free coffee I got.
You called to alert them to the fact that their system may not be charging the fee correctly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.