Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
??
Debit not available
This is what I have in recept for unsuccessful OV swipe for BP:

EFT DEBIT PAY FROM PRIMARY
500.00 TOTAL PURCHASE
ACCOUNT # **** **** **** XXXX S
PAYMENT DECLINED DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE
TERMINAL # MX999999

Nowhere error 51 mentioned
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by kiltedflyer
Why bother? The information in thread very clearly pertains only to MOs @WM.
No, it doesn't. It started that way from OP, the title can't be changed and various OV, VGC efforts to load to BB have been discussed. I know. I posted a number of them.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Why bother? The information in thread very clearly pertains only to MOs @WM.
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
No, it doesn't. It started that way from OP, the title can't be changed and various OV, VGC efforts to load to BB have been discussed. I know. I posted a number of them.

That was sarcasm. I've discussed it right here too.

Last edited by kiltedflyer; Jun 6, 2014 at 8:35 pm
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:44 pm

If the title cannot be changed, open a new thread with proper title and ask the moderator to merge the old thread into the new one.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:56 pm

That was sarcasm. I've discussed it right here too.
D'oh!! Apologies.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
D'oh!! Apologies.

No worries! ^
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler287638
Today I've been traveling in the DFW area, and I had the chance to visit a few WMT to attempt some OV to BB loads.

Bad news, at all three WMTs I visited with the old POS (black and green screen) the software has clearly changed and did not allow a load. Yesterday the old POS would flash "Cancel" twice and you could either hit "Cancel" on the screen or the "Cancel" button. This would then allow a debit load.

That changed today. The screen only flashed "Cancel" once and no matter my timing, I was forced into credit (ie denied loading the BB) The message the CSR receives is something like "tender not valid."

However, I also stopped by a kiosk and a WMT that has the new POS, both worked. It seems that they have not updated these.......yet.

As of today, has anyone been able to load a OV to BB on the old POS? Maybe it is only in the DFW area.

If I were you I'd definitely keep a low inventory of OV; WMT could update their software at any day and close the ability to use the color screens and kiosks.

thoughts anyone?
I loaded up my BB just fine at a WM using the old screens. The cancel screen came up twice and I pressed cancel both times (not sure if the first or the second one took but pressed it both times just to make sure). Didn't press it fast enough at one cashier (hit up several as I had 4 birds) so as she is telling me it's not a valid form of payment - I pressed cancel on the signature screen, reswiped and was able to hit cancel as she was arguing with me. When it went through, I thanked her and left her in silence. ^
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler287638
If I were you I'd definitely keep a low inventory of OV; WMT could update their software at any day and close the ability to use the color screens and kiosks.
For MO at least, there are alternatives to Walmart.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by silver6054
For MO at least, there are alternatives to Walmart.
It really gets frustrating every few pages when someone says this darkly without naming locations and not realizing that in vast swaths of the country WM is the only option for MOs.

For many of us, there are no alternatives to WM for MOs. None.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
It really gets frustrating every few pages when someone says this darkly without naming locations and not realizing that in vast swaths of the country WM is the only option for MOs.

Mail order MOs?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
Mail order MOs?
I'd pay money for that!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:41 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G

if you know that for a fact, why make a fuss about it? him naming locations wont change the fact that you have 0 alternatives in your area, they wont magically pop up overnight.

so the simple advice you would have to follow is what the OP said, keep a low inventory of GCs.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:45 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by prasha11
If the title cannot be changed, open a new thread with proper title and ask the moderator to merge the old thread into the new one.
as someone who has started many threads, I know for a fact that titles can be changed. unless there is something special about this subforum that blocks it (hey do we need a workaround for that? ) ... so the OP being a noob notwithstanding, dunno why the mods wont act on behalf of the members and edit the title like they do in other subforums.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:53 pm

OK, I know some areas are deserts for varied MS. As for listing names, they are, as you point out, often regional. I use Stop&Shop, Sudbury Farms and Roche Brothers, which is probably not much help to many. They were listed in the Wiki in another thread, but a user (jewsus to name names) removed the list, replacing it with "anywhere that takes debit cards"
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver

If you are in Chicago then you have alternatives to WM...get out there and start looking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.