Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for MS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
There are four cash reload options listed on the Emerald site. The question is whether any of their outlets will accept either credit cards directly or debit cards purchased through a portal with a credit card.

Rapid Reload at WalMart
1. Take your H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard® and cash, payroll or government benefits check to any register at a participating Walmart (Rapid Reload not available in VT and WY).
2. If you have a check, the cashier will cash your check (Check cashing not available in NJ, NY, RI. Check cashing fees apply).
3. Swipe your Emerald Card and add all or part of your cash directly to it-load up to $1,000 as long as you don't exceed the card load limits. A service fee of $3.74 applies.

GreenDot Money Pak
1. Pick up a MoneyPak® from your participating neighborhood retailer.
2. Go to the register and add cash to the MoneyPak (up to $500 at most locations, up to $1,000 at Walmart). A service fee of up to $4.95 applies.

MoneyGram
1. Fill out the blue form or pick up the MoneyGram phone. Provide the following information:
Company Name: Emerald Card
Receive Code: 4941
Account Number: Your Emerald Card Number
2. Add the funds you want and the $3.95 fee.
3. Keep the reference number that confirms your transactions.

Western Union
1. Complete the gray Prepaid Services form and provide the agent with cash for your load amount and the $3.95 fee.
2. Save your receipt with your Money Transfer Control Number

To use your emerald for ach payments:
1. get your information from the direct deposits section of your emerald account
2. go to your bill (CC) and put that information in as your new payee
3. schedule your payment using that payee for the amount loaded to your emerald card. Posts next day and shows up as gone next day on emerald.

Please add your comments where necessary......

===
From the T&Cs (April 2015):
  • The maximum amount of cash value you may load to your Card Account each day is $999.99.
  • The maximum number of times you may load your Card Account per day is four (4).
  • The maximum amount of cash value that you may load to your Card Account each month is $9,500.00.
  • The maximum number of times you may load your Card Account per month is ten (10).

• The maximum cumulative amount that may be withdrawn from an ATM per day is $3,000.00 per card.
  • The maximum cumulative amount that may be withdrawn from a participating bank per day is the available balance of your Card Account.
  • The maximum that can be spent per Card per day is $3,500.00.
Print Wikipost

Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for MS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Sounds like most of the shutdowns are ACH to bank related. Im gonna try a bill pay and report back.
How did you reach that conclusion? Exactly the opposite is true, unless we're talking about ACH pull exclusively to your bank account.

Last edited by mrmandel; Apr 25, 2015 at 9:43 am
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by mrmandel
How did you reach that conclusion? Exactly the opposite is true, unless we're talking about ACH pull to exclusively to your bank account.
Hey, dont mean to n00b, but where else would you pull aside from your bank account? You mean ACH pull to your credit card? Does it generally make a difference with the fraud dept whether you pull to a checking or cc account, when the name on such account is the same as your Emerald Card? (I guess it could be that looking to pull to a checkings account makes it seem like you are ML to get quick cash... ?)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Sounds like most of the shutdowns are ACH to bank related.
It seems this would be the most common and innocent thing to do - ACH to bank checking acct.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:15 am

I've only used this card to ACH from it to my credit card for payment.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:44 pm

I've noticed I can only add up to $500 at a time via the kiosk at my WM. Is this standard practice? If so, anyway to get around it so I'm not cutting my monthly load limit in half by doing 10 $500 loads instead of 10 $1000?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
H&R Block has refused to call me back.

My Emerald card has been block since April 8th and I've called the regular customer service more than 4 times over the span of 4 weeks. They just keep telling me someone will call me within 48 - 72 hours but no one ever does. My money is just sitting in there and they're not doing anything to give it back to me. What can i do to get my account activated or get my money back? Is there an EO office i can call or something?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
weird, i loaded on saturday at 10:47am for $200. then today (sunday), tried loading at 3:56pm and it says that exceeded my limit. this is only my third load this month and clearly 24 hours+ since my last load. Only thing I can think of is that its a non business day and have to wait until monday.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
My Emerald card has been block since April 8th and I've called the regular customer service more than 4 times over the span of 4 weeks. They just keep telling me someone will call me within 48 - 72 hours but no one ever does. My money is just sitting in there and they're not doing anything to give it back to me. What can i do to get my account activated or get my money back? Is there an EO office i can call or something?
THis is the common story posted by many, why people keep loading this card? (did u not expect this to happen?)

File a complaint with FDIC or other regulatory agency or keep on calling the CS till u get your cash.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
THis is the common story posted by many, why people keep loading this card? (did u not expect this to happen?)

File a complaint with FDIC or other regulatory agency or keep on calling the CS till u get your cash.
Thats crazy..
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Thats crazy..
True....

My card is in closet for almost a year after the account was locked. After 2+ months, when I called was unlocked within 1 week. I am looking for a solid assurance before I load again, to me not worth the headache for 5k monthly MS.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:46 am

True....

My card is in closet for almost a year after the account was locked. After 2+ months, when I called was unlocked within 1 week. I am looking for a solid assurance before I load again, to me not worth the headache for 5k monthly MS.
Mine only had $200 in it but i'll still like to get my money back
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Mine only had $200 in it but i'll still like to get my money back
no worries now, wait it out few months U will get your money!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:32 pm

True....

It's up to $10k a month if you have ST debit....
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
no worries now, wait it out few months U will get your money!
If it goes like it did for me they'll kick it back to your original funding source in a week or so.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by tymothy
If it goes like it did for me they'll kick it back to your original funding source in a week or so.
I hope that's not the only option. I'd hate to have to figure out which VGCs the money was put back on if (when) they shut me down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.