Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for MS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
There are four cash reload options listed on the Emerald site. The question is whether any of their outlets will accept either credit cards directly or debit cards purchased through a portal with a credit card.

Rapid Reload at WalMart
1. Take your H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard® and cash, payroll or government benefits check to any register at a participating Walmart (Rapid Reload not available in VT and WY).
2. If you have a check, the cashier will cash your check (Check cashing not available in NJ, NY, RI. Check cashing fees apply).
3. Swipe your Emerald Card and add all or part of your cash directly to it-load up to $1,000 as long as you don't exceed the card load limits. A service fee of $3.74 applies.

GreenDot Money Pak
1. Pick up a MoneyPak® from your participating neighborhood retailer.
2. Go to the register and add cash to the MoneyPak (up to $500 at most locations, up to $1,000 at Walmart). A service fee of up to $4.95 applies.

MoneyGram
1. Fill out the blue form or pick up the MoneyGram phone. Provide the following information:
Company Name: Emerald Card
Receive Code: 4941
Account Number: Your Emerald Card Number
2. Add the funds you want and the $3.95 fee.
3. Keep the reference number that confirms your transactions.

Western Union
1. Complete the gray Prepaid Services form and provide the agent with cash for your load amount and the $3.95 fee.
2. Save your receipt with your Money Transfer Control Number

To use your emerald for ach payments:
1. get your information from the direct deposits section of your emerald account
2. go to your bill (CC) and put that information in as your new payee
3. schedule your payment using that payee for the amount loaded to your emerald card. Posts next day and shows up as gone next day on emerald.

Please add your comments where necessary......

===
From the T&Cs (April 2015):
  • The maximum amount of cash value you may load to your Card Account each day is $999.99.
  • The maximum number of times you may load your Card Account per day is four (4).
  • The maximum amount of cash value that you may load to your Card Account each month is $9,500.00.
  • The maximum number of times you may load your Card Account per month is ten (10).

• The maximum cumulative amount that may be withdrawn from an ATM per day is $3,000.00 per card.
  • The maximum cumulative amount that may be withdrawn from a participating bank per day is the available balance of your Card Account.
  • The maximum that can be spent per Card per day is $3,500.00.
Print Wikipost

Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for MS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
There is no 5000/mo load limit re dollars. It's a 10/mo load limit re number of loads, and it's not in the cardholder agreement, it's hidden on the website after having logged in and clicking one of the "Questions" dropdowns.

To maximize longevity, a self-imposed 5000/mo limit isn't a bad idea.

Logistically, if the 10/mo number of loads were enforced by the computer rejecting the 11th load*, then the fact that most MSers load with 500 MPs or similar does point to a 5000/mo limit. But there ARE loads that can exceed 500 (dunno if anybody has done so with CC however).

* I've attempted loads many times that I expected the computer to reject: sometimes it does but other times not, so I'm not convinced it's safe to assume "its not possible to load more then the 10 loads".
I take it you werent loading using MPs. H&RB has their T&CS and MP has its own. So its very possible to be within H&RBs and not MPs My loadingw as done via MP.com which is moot unless you can find an RA or other place that is willing to sell you MPs using a CC or DC (for those who have bank DCs that earns them something for using) The registers arent hard coded but it seems the vast majority of the cashiers already know Ca$h only
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Got a letter today telling me it will be closed 10 days from the date of the letter. Reason they have the right to close any acct at their sole discretion pursuant to their T&CS.

I usually ACHed out by having the CC do it, since BPing some others ran into problems with

No big deal now that RA is gone, since I dont know of any other way to load it using a CC

Just wanted to let others know, good luck to those who still have ways to laod it

btw they said after its closed a check would be sent for any funds taht was still in the acct
Got the same letter today, too. Pretty sure it's not the action from Green Dot as I also loaded mine with VR monthly. I'd spread my loadings throughout the whole month, but always $1k at a time & ACH by CC to drain the fund.

Not too sad losing this account since there are still many other ways to MS.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

I got a survey offer, $10 credit for my time. My card is inactive, cannot find anything to buy with my AmEx BlueCash

Correction: Sorry wrong thread, the Survey was for Tmobile card

Last edited by prasha11; Aug 2, 2014 at 1:20 pm
Old Aug 3, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Loading at WM after MP shutdown?

I went to load my card today and with an MP and got the "we have no further use for you" message. I'm sure that I will "lose" my card and get a new one with a different card number one of these days, but in the meantime can I load at WM (with the $3.74) fee? The reason I ask is that even at WM it appears that GD processes the payment (according to the MP website and post 87). Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

xlax
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:42 pm

HR Block: "No cards associated with user"

I logged into my Emerald Card account today to do a bill pay and it says:
"No cards associated with user"

"We couldn't find an Emerald Card associated with the information you provided. Make sure your entries match an active Emerald Card."

Has anyone else seen this? Is the site just having problems right now, or is this a sign of a shutdown?

Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:48 pm

I just signed in right now and everything looks fine with my account.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:01 pm

Thanks for the data point. I am going to see if the automated phone system will work for me.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Mine works fine. Try the mobile app.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:22 pm

Quick update, I was not able to access the automated phone system. I got a rep and asked for my balance. He said it was $0.00!!! Although I was alarmed because I had money in the account, I told him thanks and hung up.

I guess the mobile app is worth a shot.

EDIT: App didn't work either.

Last edited by GeorgeMilesArnold; Aug 8, 2014 at 5:35 pm Reason: This thread keeps getting more depressing.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:06 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ise-vr-ms.html

Account is closed.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeMilesArnold
Quick update, I was not able to access the automated phone system. I got a rep and asked for my balance. He said it was $0.00!!! Although I was alarmed because I had money in the account, I told him thanks and hung up.

I guess the mobile app is worth a shot.

EDIT: App didn't work either.
this is what I dread so I've been doing screenshots of my accounts as a reference just in case I have to prove I have money in the account before I get locked out (hopefully not).

I hope you get your money back or else, you may have to contact CFPB for assistance. Good luck!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:03 pm

Don't post the exact amount but are we talking hundreds, thousands? I want to know how invested I should get in this thread.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:44 pm

I've done the full $5,000 each month for about 6 months via VR and MP. I used BP to Amex BC as my method of draining.

I have about $2000 tied up with them currently.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Plat
The funds on the Emerald card are FDIC insured, so they will have to give you your money back.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

I can login, balance $0.04 last trans was on 6/23/14

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.