Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for MS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
There are four cash reload options listed on the Emerald site. The question is whether any of their outlets will accept either credit cards directly or debit cards purchased through a portal with a credit card.

Rapid Reload at WalMart
1. Take your H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard® and cash, payroll or government benefits check to any register at a participating Walmart (Rapid Reload not available in VT and WY).
2. If you have a check, the cashier will cash your check (Check cashing not available in NJ, NY, RI. Check cashing fees apply).
3. Swipe your Emerald Card and add all or part of your cash directly to it-load up to $1,000 as long as you don't exceed the card load limits. A service fee of $3.74 applies.

GreenDot Money Pak
1. Pick up a MoneyPak® from your participating neighborhood retailer.
2. Go to the register and add cash to the MoneyPak (up to $500 at most locations, up to $1,000 at Walmart). A service fee of up to $4.95 applies.

MoneyGram
1. Fill out the blue form or pick up the MoneyGram phone. Provide the following information:
Company Name: Emerald Card
Receive Code: 4941
Account Number: Your Emerald Card Number
2. Add the funds you want and the $3.95 fee.
3. Keep the reference number that confirms your transactions.

Western Union
1. Complete the gray Prepaid Services form and provide the agent with cash for your load amount and the $3.95 fee.
2. Save your receipt with your Money Transfer Control Number

To use your emerald for ach payments:
1. get your information from the direct deposits section of your emerald account
2. go to your bill (CC) and put that information in as your new payee
3. schedule your payment using that payee for the amount loaded to your emerald card. Posts next day and shows up as gone next day on emerald.

Please add your comments where necessary......

===
From the T&Cs (April 2015):
  • The maximum amount of cash value you may load to your Card Account each day is $999.99.
  • The maximum number of times you may load your Card Account per day is four (4).
  • The maximum amount of cash value that you may load to your Card Account each month is $9,500.00.
  • The maximum number of times you may load your Card Account per month is ten (10).

• The maximum cumulative amount that may be withdrawn from an ATM per day is $3,000.00 per card.
  • The maximum cumulative amount that may be withdrawn from a participating bank per day is the available balance of your Card Account.
  • The maximum that can be spent per Card per day is $3,500.00.
Print Wikipost

Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for MS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:42 pm

loaded my HR for the first time in a few months yesterday and today. 2k on, 2k off.
hoping I do not see that close letter as my RA is easy pickings and I do not plan on doing more than 10 loads per month but would like it to stay open since I am not using bb right now.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:08 pm

Got the payout checks after letters and shutdowns It would be good to verify that check amounts are correct, but my online account access is also shutdown. They give me a cust svce. number to call, but I was never impressed with that service. It would be nice to just be able to check transactions myself.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeMilesArnold
I logged into my Emerald Card account today to do a bill pay and it says:
"No cards associated with user"

Has anyone else seen this?
OP: For whatever it's worth I just tried logging in to my Emerald account for the first time in a month and I got the same No cards associated with user response as you. All of my activity on that particular card has been VR loads and BP to Amex. That being said my spouse's Emerald Card is still alive, perhaps that's because for some unknown reason HRB wouldn't allow BP with that particular card.

Last edited by yanxfann; Aug 17, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:25 pm

My Emerald is still open and I do ACH pull a day or two after loading funds. I do not do B/P on this card although I use it for small items just to show variation of use.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by yanxfann
I just tried logging in to my Emerald account for the first time in a month and I got the same No cards associated with user response as you.
I called the toll-free # on the back of my Emerald card today, the first person that I spoke to put me on hold several times and then told me "your card was closed due to inactivity". I kind of got the feeling that she was going to try to reactivate the card, she eventually transferred me to someone at the "help desk" and was told the card could not be brought back to life but feel free to go to a HRB office and try to get another Emerald card.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:25 pm

I called the toll-free # on the back of my Emerald card today, the first person that I spoke to put me on hold several times and then told me "your card was closed due to inactivity". I kind of got the feeling that she was going to try to reactivate the card, she eventually transferred me to someone at the "help desk" and was told the card could not be brought back to life but feel free to go to a HRB office and try to get another Emerald card.
Sounds like time to just not deal with them anymore and get a refund. Did you have any money on the card and did they give you options for getting your money back?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Sounds like time to just not deal with them anymore and get a refund. Did you have any money on the card and did they give you options for getting your money back?
I had no money on the card, however I still hate to lose it as it's been a great venue to liquidate the occasional VR that can be bought with a CC that I occasionally still stumble upon.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:40 pm

I had no money on the card, however I still hate to lose it as it's been a great venue to liquidate the occasional VR that can be bought with a CC that I occasionally still stumble upon.
This is true for me as well. I'd hate to lose my Emerald card and I'm still hoping rules will change for MPs and VRs again. I don't keep $ longer than 3 days after I load.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:52 am

just tried my regular loading today with MP and got an error msg: call the # on the back of my card. went to hrblock.com and logged in my account. No any card showing up in my account! the last logging was a week ago and everything was normal.
anyone else?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zgrzfg
just tried my regular loading today with MP and got an error msg: call the # on the back of my card. went to hrblock.com and logged in my account. No any card showing up in my account! the last logging was a week ago and everything was normal.
anyone else?
Still good for me. But I haven't done anything with the card in a while. My GD with CC source dried up.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:49 am

Can you load with the Blue MoneyGram form and use a debit card? I was thinking of loading $996.05, and swipping 2 OV's with 500 on each one. The total should be a clean 1k. Or do I have to load $996.04 for a total of $999.99?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:46 pm

Just called in today and got known my account closed by them because of certain activities (i usually load the fund and leave it in the account for several days and ACH to pay CC) . They opened a case and will get back to me in 48 hr. Hope get the account back

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Still good for me. But I haven't done anything with the card in a while. My GD with CC source dried up.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
I loaded $500 and then $499.99. On a different day, i load another $500 again. Went back today and i couldn't load the card at the Rite Aid register anymore. Could it be that GreenDot blocked me or something? How do you know if GreenDot blocked your card number? i know the easy fix will be to get another card with a different number, but i'm just making sure.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:24 pm

HRB limits loads to 10x per month, so that's yer first thing to check of course.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
HRB limits loads to 10x per month, so that's yer first thing to check of course.
I only loaded it 3 times...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.