Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2014, 5:59 am

Have anyone tried buying GC on a self checkout?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by berger6696
Does Kroger have a daily GC purchase limit?
No. However, each store may be different.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by wrxmom
No. However, each store may be different.
It was clear to me that there is some sort of limit, because I was watching what the CSR was doing and it said - validating limit with DL, and the sort. So there seems to be one, but at 4K a day - I never reached it.

I bought ALL my cards at the self checkout lane - really nice people at the Smith's I used.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by raccah
So there seems to be one, but at 4K a day - I never reached it.
YMMV, but people have definitely been permanently banned for hitting 20K. Whether that's per month or every 2 weeks is unclear:

Ref 1

Ref 2
Old Jul 4, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by brc01
YMMV, but people have definitely been permanently banned for hitting 20K. Whether that's per month or every 2 weeks is unclear:

Ref 1

Ref 2
I'm in a small town so at "my" store I purchase no more than 2k per week, to use on daily expenses.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn
Yes, it requires CSR to finish the transaction and they ask for DL like normal register. The only benefit is the person behind you doesn't hear you asking for 500 on the card.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Are there tried and true data points somewhere here? There seem to be varied experiences described all over the map.

I will be in W. TN next week, after all.

If one has info on their K visit within the "Delta" K region, please share. Also, the Mid-south region because the store near the airport is in that grouping, ie, BNA. Since I won't be in a hurry when I arrive, I could stop there, instead.

1. When does this catalina coupon expire again? 7/17?

2. Was it one Visa/MC Variable purchased that prompted the catalina or two?

3. How many GC transactions that meet the catalina criteria can one obtain in one visit? Does the catalina have a "Buy $XX, Get $5 off" restriction? Or is it straight out, get $5 off next visit?

I have a disabled sister there. Might be helpful to accumulate a few of these.

4. How many catalina coupons can be used per grocery buying transaction? Experience vs. recommended appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jan_believes; Jul 4, 2014 at 4:44 pm
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by ramamosn
I have when I visited a Kroger city. Even posted elsewhere here how accommodating the self-serve workers were at that time.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Are there tried and true data points somewhere here? There seem to be varied experiences described all over the map.

I will be in W. TN next week, after all.

If one has info on their K visit within the "Delta" K region, please share. Also, the Mid-south region because the store near the airport is in that grouping, ie, BNA. Since I won't be in a hurry when I arrive, I could stop there, instead.
Southeast, but I doubt region would matter for this
1. When does this catalina coupon expire again? 7/17?
15th last date to buy. Expiration 2 weeks from purchase.
2. Was it one Visa/MC Variable purchased that prompted the catalina or two?
One prompted. Performed consecutive transactions. Keep in mind that if you only purchase 1 and nothing prints you are out of luck. You didn't technically meet the requirement so you have no grounds to complain. - When I visited the U scans I was hoping to notice a register with a freshly printed Catalina so I would know it was good to go. However none of them were active so I had to 'roll the dice' (Green light on printer is a good indication)
3. How many GC transactions that meet the catalina criteria can one obtain in one visit? Does the catalina have a "Buy $XX, Get $5 off" restriction? Or is it straight out, get $5 off next visit?
As many as they will sell you. Must spend over $5

I have a disabled sister there. Might be helpful to accumulate a few of these.

4. How many catalina coupons can be used per grocery buying transaction? Experience vs. recommended appreciated.
register is programmed to allow only one $5 catalina. However I see nothing on the coupon to indicate a per transaction limit. When I asked to re-ring my order in $5 increments the cashier manually overrode the additional coupons. I have no idea if there is a upper maximum as I have multiple Kroger cards and can alternate as needed.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 8:56 am

Again did 8 in one day with the card, and they track with ur DL, which they asked for from me. Again 8 cards in and out and thx very much!
Originally Posted by FTRox87
stop being stupid raccah and at least pay attn to the context. No one is talking about how many coupons you can get from buying GCs. that might be unlimited.

we are talking about how many $5 off coupons you can redeem in one day. and rossrr found that to be 5 tracked by K card.
Yes, the details of coupon redemption can influence how much effort one would want to spend on accumulation
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:03 am

Thank you, startbyservingothers.

Your concise answers are indicative of your name intention! Best wishes.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:18 pm

On my spend, they were annoyed that I kept buying small things and then agreed to load 5 in one tx. Not sure what the "potential" limit to coupon usage. Officially, 1 per tx, but if u ask nice and then maybe much more
Cashier tried to use 2nd coupon on the same transaction for me today and the system did not allow it.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 6:54 pm

Kroger in SW Houston (S.Post Oak/W.Belfort) coupon printing after purchase of 1 VGC today. My coupon expiration is July 15th. I bought 5 in 5 different transactions. Haven't tried to redeem yet.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Noticed 4x fuel points starts 7/7.......
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:16 pm

I bought $500 GC this afternoon without scanning my Kroger card. It did not print $5 coupon. Have anyone tried today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.