Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by commdiver
You still pay? There are now forums out there that pay you. I am a member of one where we pool together our resources and MS about $250,000+ a month. The forum admin pays $5,000 a month to each member, but membership is extremely tough to get (think of it like the Centurion Card X 100).
Only $250K a month across the entire forum? My cat MSes more than that a month.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
Damn, lucky you. My dog can only do $10,000 per month. Once I asked him to load BB at the kiosk using OVs, but he got mad by all the declined loading and actually peed on it.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
No. $250,000 per person. Most of us actually work at grocery stores, Walmarts, etc. to ensure that CC transactions always goes through. Ya, we get paid crappy at those jobs, but the massive MS volume makes up for that.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:49 pm

You still pay? There are now forums out there that pay you. I am a member of one where we pool together our resources and MS about $250,000+ a month. The forum admin pays $5,000 a month to each member, but membership is extremely tough to get (think of it like the Centurion Card X 100).
Wow I didn't even know these types of forums exist.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:11 pm

No. $250,000 per person. Most of us actually work at grocery stores, Walmarts, etc. to ensure that CC transactions always goes through. Ya, we get paid crappy at those jobs, but the massive MS volume makes up for that.
Amateurs. A real MSer OWNS grocery stores and WalMarts to make sure the transactions go through.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:42 pm

what do mean by "'pool' together our resources"? and 'The forum admin pays'
how did u find such forum?
do u know many such forums?
The forum can be private membership but is the structure a legal entity? I am curious about such business model.
So, then why/what do u benefit from your postings in this forum?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
The forum can be private membership but is the structure a legal entity? I am curious about such business model.
If you have to ask.....
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko
Amateurs. A real MSer OWNS grocery stores and WalMarts to make sure the transactions go through.
Ummm...if you own a grocery store or a WM, why on Earth would you be MSing? At that point, you would be so wealthy that MSing would just be a waste of time. Also, income earned from owning a grocery store or WM is taxable at some level, MSing is not
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:14 pm

Ummm...if you own a grocery store or a WM, why on Earth would you be MSing? At that point, you would be so wealthy that MSing would just be a waste of time. Also, income earned from owning a grocery store or WM is taxable at some level, MSing is not
That kind of inside-the-box thinking is exactly why you're not in the super-duper-top-secret forums that explain how to make it work.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko
That kind of inside-the-box thinking is exactly why you're not in the super-duper-top-secret forums that explain how to make it work.
:'( I just wanted to be cool.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador
Don't sweat it everyone. I've assembled a stealth slate of opposition candidates for the AXP board. Once we've got our directors in place, Chenault's out, I'm in. 15% payouts on portals and $100k/month on AFT, so easy peasy. Buffett's no pushover in a proxy battle, but I think we've got the votes. Besides, I hear he's an MSer, so feel free to tender your resignation at your day job. It's in the bag.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Willower
Don't sweat it everyone. I've assembled a stealth slate of opposition candidates for the AXP board. Once we've got our directors in place, Chenault's out, I'm in. 15% payouts on portals and $100k/month on AFT, so easy peasy. Buffett's no pushover in a proxy battle, but I think we've got the votes. Besides, I hear he's an MSer, so feel free to tender your resignation at your day job. It's in the bag.

Post of the day.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:02 am

They're just pulling your chain.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:51 am

Do you believe everthing you read on the internet? If so, please send me all your uncashed out gift cards and I, for free, will cash them out for you
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
Do you believe everthing you read on the internet? If so, please send me all your uncashed out gift cards and I, for free, will cash them out for you
I believe that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.