Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, US, SQ, TK, SPG, HH, CC, Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Enterprise, Chase UR, Amex MR
Yup, game over in in Cap City as well. Went to my old reliable joint, nice people, plenty o beans, no questions asked, and tried to buy two beans and a soda. the soda rang through but beans said "payment due". it took plastic for the soda but not for the beans. Cashier who had rung this up before seemed unaware, seeming surprised when it said cash only for beans, and was starting to try to troubleshoot, until I told him. Ah, oh well. Goodbye VR I barely knew ye.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Vanilla Reloads Are Dead, but OneVanilla Cards Are Still Alive at CVS - http://first2board.com/pointssummary...ill-alive-cvs/

the game is not over folks!! OneVanilla VISA Gift Cards are NOT hard coded as cash at CVS stores. It's the new Vanilla Reload
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by AveApostle
No, you were good and fair: right up to the line without crossing.
I just think we should circle the wagons, k?
I've got to cross a bridge to find those. Sigh.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Just not the same

Originally Posted by jammanxc
Vanilla Reloads Are Dead, but OneVanilla Cards Are Still Alive at CVS - http://first2board.com/pointssummary...ill-alive-cvs/

the game is not over folks!! OneVanilla VISA Gift Cards are NOT hard coded as cash at CVS stores. It's the new Vanilla Reload
But VR could load BB in a minute or two via internet. With OV and other GC, you have to go to WM and risk finding a mean or incompetent cashier. There are plenty of those.
But, having said that, I'm off to buy some GC somewhere.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:16 am

Are any of you having luck getting PP cards still? One guy mentioned that his CVS blocked VR with CC, but allowed PP.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:28 am

Wow, that's never been mentioned on this thread!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:32 am

I'm sure as this ramps up due to no VR, there will be more "I was shut down loading at walmart" threads until walmart finds a way to kill loading them in-store.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by commdiver
Are any of you having luck getting PP cards still? One guy mentioned that his CVS blocked VR with CC, but allowed PP.
PP was on the memo. All CVS stores should be hardcoded for cash only. Yet, there may be a glitch in a few stores. At this point, I think its YMMV.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:40 am

Is there a difference between getting a onevanilla vs a visa gift card? both have a $5 fee and you can get both at CVS in $500 denominations
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by aagiants
Is there a difference between getting a onevanilla vs a visa gift card? both have a $5 fee and you can get both at CVS in $500 denominations
I believe OV saves you a 40 sec phone call
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by aagiants
One vanilla says "debit" on it and the pin is automatically set on first use so you don't have to set it.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jammanxc

In other news, water is still wet
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:33 am

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:01 am
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by MsArbi
That is an incredible discovery. All these years I thought water was dry.
I know right? Ask me how I know 75% of people posting these days don't research at all.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Fuerza
I know right? Ask me how I know 75% of people posting these days don't research at all.
The truth will set you free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.