Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CWAL
A new thread was created for the new year in 2017. This is the old thread. For the 2017 on this topic, go here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819562-cvs-master-thread-2017-a.html

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads. See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

New limits rolling out starting 10/20:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period.
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.
Cashback posted in 48 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.
Print Wikipost

CVS master thread(2013-2016)

Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by pointsaholic
I went to CVS to do the "field work". I stood there and looked at all the Vanilla cards - and then all the cash only prepaid debit cards. I did not see any that could be bought with CC and unloaded at BB. If anyone knows of a card that can be bought with CC and unloaded at BB at CVS, I'd appreciate the info. I haven't been able to figure it out. I know I can buy OV and get MO but I prefer to drain at BB. I have other places but like CVS because you can buy in bulk.
Thanks
You can't buy MO at WM either anymore using OV. Game just got a little time consuming for me.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
There are no cards that you can buy at CVS with a credit card that can be loaded to Bluebird at Walmart.
Originally Posted by Explore
Or loaded to Bluebird/Serve anywhere, at a level justifying the fees?
I use AmEx (old) to get 5 points. I can afford 2 pts for this month 5K for BB, means I am looking to find where I can buy BB loadable debit card with one Vanilla visa, willing to pay $10/500 - double fees compared to last month. I think is possible, eventually we will find it
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Electroman
It *is* Federal law. Specifically, it is "administrative law".
Does the "law' apply to true debit cards or gift cards/disposables too? If both, then how come AmEx gc's never implemented PINs?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
There are no cards that you can buy at CVS with a credit card that can be loaded to Bluebird at Walmart.
You could always buy paypal my cash but routing the funds to bluebird or serve can be tricky.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Does the "law' apply to true debit cards or gift cards/disposables too? If both, then how come AmEx gc's never implemented PINs?
Does it matter? One law/regulation gives u a right and the company/industry policy balances out.....
U get the PIN but cannot use it to buy MO or do BP, such a PIN illusion!
A friendly cashier at WMT explained me why no more MOs with debit card by saying people were using 'fake' debit cards (he meant not 'real').
Now, we have real debit cards(checking/saving accounts) and fake debit cards (prepaid)

Is there something called 'laundering debit cards'?

Is MSing = laundering debit cards (sounds illegal?)
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Mata Marta
You could always buy paypal my cash but routing the funds to bluebird or serve can be tricky.
buy paypal my cash?
'my cash' = 'no points'? but cost $4.95?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Standing around looking at the gift card rack is legwork?!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Standing around looking at the gift card rack is legwork?!
CVS has the rack in the front (near cashier) will they move it at the back? sorry more legwork!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mata Marta
Why bother routing to BB or Serve? Why not just liquidate through PayPal?

Originally Posted by prasha11
buy paypal my cash?
'my cash' = 'no points'? but cost $4.95?
You are being sarcastic right?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:12 pm

Folks,
I have read last several pages before asking.

I need to MS on my mastercard and since AP is on the frisk, what other means can I MS without incurring any charges?

Please, please help with process/suggestions. Please make it painless by spelling out the acronyms. TIA.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by hacknovice
Folks,
I have read last several pages before asking.

I need to MS on my mastercard and since AP is on the frisk, what other means can I MS without incurring any charges?

Please, please help with process/suggestions. Please make it painless by spelling out the acronyms. TIA.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...tart-here.html
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
^
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by TravisSC
Why bother routing to BB or Serve? Why not just liquidate through PayPal?
Stay away from ScamPal, unless you have to use them to buy or sell on ebay. Just google their shenanigans for specifics.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by TravisSC

You are being sarcastic right?
No, not sarcastic. I thought my cash was typo error for 'by cash'

seems, I am not familiar with 'paypal my cash' just googled and found something...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:58 pm

We are now on "page 666 of 666" of this thread!
(at least when formatted for my browser).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.