Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
You do know those aren't the same at the VR's from CVS, right?
I withdraw my comment. I am the incompetent one.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
I withdraw my comment. I am the incompetent one.
There are 2 VR's - some with scratch off that you load and take and some that are just a hangertag (and I think a barcode) that you use to load at the register. They'll work, but you use them at the point of sale and thenfunds are loaded to whatever debit product you have in hand.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
Who will pay for the aggregate man hours spent doing it ? Is the fee charged a high profit item that can absorb these costs ?
Its already happening to some extent, in some stores, I posted about it a few days ago. Handwritten spread sheet being kept of name, type of card used to buy, amount and receipt number.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
There are 2 VR's - some with scratch off that you load and take and some that are just a hangertag (and I think a barcode) that you use to load at the register. They'll work, but you use them at the point of sale and thenfunds are loaded to whatever debit product you have in hand.
Just like the cashier said then. I owe F $1 an apology.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: WA,AA,BA,SPG,HH
I entered 3 Baltimore area CVS yesterday. 2 no longer with cards, they were stacked last week, and the other with cards said no more plastic at the counter... the manager confirmed cash only was just mandated last week.

Anyone attempt Dollar General stores? I saw them on VR's list of retailers, as well as 7-Eleven which looked like a new location to me. This is screws to me in the midst of a AOR spend... I'll get it done regardless, but, ya know.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:53 pm

Don't think I've ever actually seen or heard of a VR at 7-11. Have MVD and OneVanilla cards, but I've never seen VR.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by 98Mike
I entered 3 Baltimore area CVS yesterday. 2 no longer with cards, they were stacked last week, and the other with cards said no more plastic at the counter... the manager confirmed cash only was just mandated last week.

Anyone attempt Dollar General stores? I saw them on VR's list of retailers, as well as 7-Eleven which looked like a new location to me. This is screws to me in the midst of a AOR spend... I'll get it done regardless, but, ya know.
Was in a Dollar G store in PA today. The load at register VR version was there. A moment of elation. The cashier said CASH ONLY.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:33 pm

Pick a newly trained young cashier.
Originally Posted by HMPS
Was in a Dollar G store in PA today. The load at register VR version was there. A moment of elation. The cashier said CASH ONLY.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by 30French
Don't think I've ever actually seen or heard of a VR at 7-11. Have MVD and OneVanilla cards, but I've never seen VR.
can you buy them by CC?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by 30French
Can you buy the OVD from 7-11 with a CC?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
Just like the cashier said then. I owe F $1 an apology.

^
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: WA,AA,BA,SPG,HH

So I was travelling through the SAME Baltimore LOL as I previously mentioned and found another CVS WITH VRs and was allowed to use CC. So the BS varies location to location with no hard and fast rules.

My only issue, I wanted to use my Citi Hilton and it was declined, register said to use another form of payment... I thought the register was going to block me out, but another card worked fine. Of course I'm working on spend on the Citi, so defeated purpose, but I'm paying my mortgage with the thing and needed the cards anyhow. Citi sent me a text 5 minutes later asking me if I wanted to make that charge and then cleared me to do so... fraud picked up the $1,016 sale... dang nabbit! I'll be back.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 3:23 pm

I've done my fair share of searching many CVS stores for VR. I've come across the big "cash only" signs but I tried anyway only to be rejected by the cashier.

I've come across the stores with no signs at all but stubborn cashiers who still wont allow it.

I've also come across the small stacks of VR's cleverly hidden behind Apple Bees or Outbacks GC's.

Out of about 10 different CVS, 2 of them are definite "no problem" using CC so far. I just purchased some today.

Today I saw a nice stack of VR at the register display. But they were different in that the "Amex" logo was missing from the front. They look exactly the same but just missing that logo. Has anyone used these to load BB?

I'm also searching 7-11's for VR but so far no success there.

Last edited by Dean19; Mar 16, 2013 at 5:50 pm
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
I saw them on VR's list of retailers, as well as 7-Eleven which looked like a new location to me. This is screws to me in the midst of a AOR spend... I'll get it done regardless, but, ya know.
7-Eleven is NOT a new location. It's been on the list since the very beginning. It's just that very few stores carry VR and the few that do only accept cash. I have seen no reports thus far that anyone ever was able to pay for VRs there with a CC.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dean19
I've also come across the small stacks of VR's cleverly hidden behind Apple Bees or Outbacks GC's. Had to search a bit but I found them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.