Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I've seen these atypical beans as well. The register stated that it needed a 16 digit card. Has anyone been able to get these beans where they need to go? PM me if so. I have several locations that I can get these beens near my residence.
Have tried two Dollar General stores in two states. They clearly said no CC. Cash only. One cashier (very young girl) said No I don't want to even try as I will have to cancel the $ 500 transaction and that will raise fraud flags in my company and may get me fired. I thanked and exited.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:52 pm

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
DG is restricted at the POS as well.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I've had no luck at Weekly's shell pump places here in the southeast. They all say cash only verbally, although I bet their registers will take them. I'm going to start looking at Travel america. I also heard that the chicken place has them, and there happens to be one in a town I'm going to in Saturday.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I've had no luck at Weekly's shell pump places here in the southeast. They all say cash only verbally, although I bet their registers will take them. I'm going to start looking at Travel america. I also heard that the chicken place has them, and there happens to be one in a town I'm going to in Saturday.
If you can name Travel America, why not name the chicken place too ?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 9:22 pm

TA says cash only for VR by me.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: United MP, American AAdvantage, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Thank you. Will give it a try.

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
East Bay...
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:13 am

I have had the same DG experience with cardboard VRs - register level shut down AND angry cashiers because they will have to do some explanation for voided $500 charges. Tried it at 4 or 5 locations with same result. Multiple FDs refused to sell them with CC but from what I recollect, it was the cashier-level (no, can't do), not at the register level. Is there hope?

Between myself and my parents, we cleared at least a 100 VRs and ReloadIts this year (they agreed for a mini AOR each with a couple of cards we needed to hit the minimum spend on). 2BBs, 4MVDs.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Tried cumberland farms with no success. Registers are hard coded not to accept credit card. One cashier let me try to swipe but it would not go through. Bummer as they have moneypaks also.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Tried cumberland farms with no success. Registers are hard coded not to accept credit card. One cashier let me try to swipe but it would not go through. Bummer as they have moneypaks also.
I've been using Cumberland Farms near me and have had no issues. Last purchase was about a week ago. Using my Ink to get 2% at gas stations.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 6:06 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
For the first time I am bummed that they all closed in my area..
Old Mar 30, 2013, 8:09 pm

Went to local cvs, and the clerk mentioned that they have stopped carrying VRs due to scam, and this direction is by corporate. Are you all hearing the same, or this is new?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:39 am

Went today for $1k in San Diego. no issues beyond the $1k limit
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:39 am

anyone successful getting beans loaded at DG and paying with cc? I had a cashier willing to try but she couldn't figure out how to load to BB card
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by troyhouse
Went to local cvs, and the clerk mentioned that they have stopped carrying VRs due to scam, and this direction is by corporate. Are you all hearing the same, or this is new?
I was able to get my beans yesterday with no issue.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by crazypalooza
anyone successful getting beans loaded at DG and paying with cc? I had a cashier willing to try but she couldn't figure out how to load to BB card
I've tried at many different locations, and it didn't work. I do believe that you can use them to load a regular amex prepaid at those locations. Has anyone tried that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.