Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by TAWS
No credit cards give gas bonuses for purchases made inside the store.
not true, I have gotten double points for buying vanilla cards numerous times at valero in ca using the ink card.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Same for me, but their registers don't accept CC for purchases.
Sadly, i couldnt even get to that stage. She kept trying and it kept ringing up as $212.35 or some crap for a $200 load. SHe tried running the actual VR through the credit card maching, and also the swiper on her cash register display. Granted..it was my first time trying at a gas station, so I had no clue what the process was, but it was apparent she didn't either.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Incorrect. Discover does. I believe Chase and others do as well. Penfed does not.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Sadly, i couldnt even get to that stage. She kept trying and it kept ringing up as $212.35 or some crap for a $200 load. SHe tried running the actual VR through the credit card maching, and also the swiper on her cash register display. Granted..it was my first time trying at a gas station, so I had no clue what the process was, but it was apparent she didn't either.
I've attempted to buy at a gas station and they have to run it through a machine first. It's a pain in the rear.

I wonder if Murphys let's you buy them with CC.
Old May 18, 2013, 4:33 pm

Not to pile on, but definitely 100% false. I use a cc that gets 2x pts at gas stations to buy VRs in my neck of the woods. No issues with registers and generally no problem from employees.
Old May 18, 2013, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
Not to pile on, but definitely 100% false. I use a cc that gets 2x pts at gas stations to buy VRs in my neck of the woods. No issues with registers and generally no problem from employees.
Are you in CO by any chance? No CVS here and even getting creative doesn't work.
Old May 18, 2013, 7:21 pm

Are you in CO by any chance? No CVS here and even getting creative doesn't work.
Afraid not.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by curtis1120
Spinx gas stations (SC) have a small supply (at mine they share a display with reading glasses). Cashiers have been friendly and helpful. Points for gas purchases posting fine.
Interesting. I drive through SC fairly regularly. Can you confirm any stations along 85 by chance?
Old May 30, 2013, 7:08 pm

I am not sure if this has been posted or not but I wanted to let everyone know that I found beans at both of my local 7-11's and the system allows cc's. I have found that not all of the cashiers will let me purchase with cc. Some will ask before I load how I am paying.

I have had about an 80% success rate on cashiers.
Old May 31, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by troyhouse:20374266
Originally Posted by lovenola
I have had very good luck at other merchants besides cvs
and which are those merchants? can you pm me?
Old May 31, 2013, 6:28 am

Me too pls
Old May 31, 2013, 9:11 am

I would also like a PM.

I went to Dodge's last night, because they are listed on the site. No VRs on the shelf. I asked if they sold them and the guy pointed out some NetSpend cards. I'm still searching for another place that lets me buy with CC. There is a gas chain all around me that has them, but they insist on cash.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I am not sure if this has been posted or not but I wanted to let everyone know that I found beans at both of my local 7-11's and the system allows cc's. I have found that not all of the cashiers will let me purchase with cc. Some will ask before I load how I am paying.

I have had about an 80% success rate on cashiers.
7-11's are all franchise owned so it'll depend on the owner if they carry them or not. I've checked several in Denver and none of them have VR.
Old May 31, 2013, 12:23 pm

Has anyone been successful at Murphy's?
Old May 31, 2013, 8:35 pm

7-11's are all franchise owned so it'll depend on the owner if they carry them or not. I've checked several in Denver and none of them have VR.
I have been checking periodically for months and they just arrived at my stores. I hope they make it to the sunshine state soon. (Old School reference)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.