Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Variable load gift cards to be pulled by Office Depot 2.4.2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Variable load gift cards to be pulled by Office Depot 2.4.2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Travel22
What's a good alternative to AMEX Hitlon to pay telecom after May?
Ink cards
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by groundhog
Do you think it's a good idea to grab few empty (unloaded) "beans" at CVS or other store and go to OD to buy them?
I am sure you are joking and are aware that OD registers would not ring those up since they won't even ring up the one's that were in there store if you happen to find them hidden somewhere in their store, correct?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by leftpinky
Just came back from OD...lady asked about why I didnt have gift cards...said no more $500...then she said, oh, they might come out with a new design. I asked her why she thought that...and she said bc there are empty shelves....eh, I don't expect any new $500 ones.
You know what's funny, my local OD Supervisor said the same thing, we'll stock with newly designed cards.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by pcharles
It would be a good idea to wear a robber mask when you are there too.

Now who said fraud was not a factor in all of this...
Fraud is certainly a factor in this when we have posters who've openly talked about hiding/stealing cards.
Cheers
Howie
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: Several dozen
Color inside the lines, kiddies, or Cardinal Fang will take away all your crayolas.

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Fraud is certainly a factor in this when we have posters who've openly talked about hiding/stealing cards.
Cheers
Howie
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Then what's the point of this forum? If we're not going to share ideas then everyone might as well walk away from this part of FT. These deals come and go this has been going on for quite awhile and eventually it was going to die just like every other deal. I've been around FT long enough to know another deal will come along soon and everyone will just ride it out for as long as it lasts.
Cheers
Howie
In the past, our community was just that - a community made of US. When FT permitted Google indexing of posts and the bloggers started feeding at our trough, first in the mileage run forum then here, everything we shared with each other became something we were sharing with the entire world.

I would love for IB to stop with Google indexing, and perhaps that is something we can request as a community - maybe they can block Google access to the deal discussion forums across FT. The blogger issue is something I have no solution for.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I would love for IB to stop with Google indexing, and perhaps that is something we can request as a community - maybe they can block Google access to the deal discussion forums across FT. The blogger issue is something I have no solution for.
Google indexing drives traffic to their site and increases their ad revenue. Why would a company want to limit revenues to keep a few people happy(thoses few probably dont click thru many ads either). any one of us is free to start our own bb and run it under the radar
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Do you think it's a good idea to grab few empty (unloaded) "beans" at CVS or other store and go to OD to buy them?
If you have to ask, then it's a no.
Move on, there will always be another deal.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by pcharles
It would be a good idea to wear a robber mask when you are there too.

Now who said fraud was not a factor in all of this...
C'mon, guys! "Beans" at CVS are not loaded, so have they zero value.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by shoreline
I am sure you are joking and are aware that OD registers would not ring those up since they won't even ring up the one's that were in there store if you happen to find them hidden somewhere in their store, correct?
Haha! I just bought 2 cards at OD today. They still have about 20 left.
I would buy more, but I am afraid of Chase evil action...
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:20 am
Suspended

Haha! I just bought 2 cards at OD today. They still have about 20 left.
I would buy more, but I am afraid of Chase evil action...
I think you are speaking about a different product. VR will not go thru the registers. That doesnt stop me from saying that personal attacks are forbidden on FT, otherwise I have some prepared prose for you.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: many
C'mon, guys! "Beans" at CVS are not loaded, so have they zero value.
If you are going to be "smart" about it, your better off getting your stock at Walgreens for your OD run. That would be the "smarter" plan, surely! Yes. ^
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Can you use beans from behind bars?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by member7777
I think you are speaking about a different product. VR will not go thru the registers. That doesnt stop me from saying that personal attacks are forbidden on FT, otherwise I have some prepared prose for you.
Sorry for misunderstanding. I was talking about blue AE prepaid card.
I know that VR is gone at OD a long time ago.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:59 am

went to my local OD yesterday. Everythings are not on rack except 1 rack that are not near to the main rack filled with the blue amex prepaid.
I hesitate to take them, but probably will go tomorrow (after my ink statement closed).

IMO, the $500 gift cards are done with OD. I am seeing $200 GC now for $6.95 fee.
so, i think they are going like staples. Of course, I wished differently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.