Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Moderator note: A new thread for 2016 is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1738030-gobank-greendot-online-banking-debit-card-2016-a.html

Do NOT let Rite-Aid scan the GoBank barcode. You will be charged, but your funds won't load. It is a PIA to get your funds back.

Want to stay active? Be sure to only load when your balance is at or close to 0. Continuing to load when you have funds in there seems to be a no no. Swipes are recommended, but there are folks active that don't swipe.

Lots of $200 loads can get you shutdown. GoBank does not like paying load fees on low denomination loads. Two $500 loads is better than five $200 loads.

Shut down reports:

Please list your load/spend/billpay details (in a single statement/lifetime?) e.g.,
type of load, number of loads, denomination of your gc or mp, amount of your billpay, any actual swipe/dd?

lad2 (closed) - May: $2.7K 9 loads 5DDs - June: $5.5K 5 loads 6DDs - July: $4.6K 6 loads 1DD - August $9.9K 19 loads 1DD - no swipes

TheDapperDon (open) June $4.5k 5 loads. All GCs. 1 swipe. Everything else BP to CC. 1500 most loaded in one day .July - $3489 5 loads. All GCs. Several swipes. No load until below $20 or so remaining.

raghu455 (closed) May $2k 4 loads, june $7k all GCs. All BP to CC.

drdrew450 (closed) 17K in loads, unloaded all through bill pay, less than a month

cuebert (closed) $4.5k in 9 MP loads, BP out. That was fast.

sgideons (closed) May $7k 17 loads, june $17k 27 loads, july $5k 6 loads, september $3.5k 4 loads. Unloaded 90% ACH pull, 5% PP to self, 5% bill pay tool. Closed on September statement date.

MDWCommuter (closed): June only, $8k in 60 loads, all GC. $2k is most loaded in one day. Wrote 2 BP to CC checks, no ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, always carried at least a $1k balance

ArtemK (closed): 1st month - 5/21 - 6/21 - loaded $6,700, 6/21 - 6/30 - $4K loaded, all via GCs. Unloaded all via BP to Citi and Chase. No ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, no swipes.

rdover1 (Closed): 1st month - $23.6k loaded (WM GC), ~$1k spend, rest bill pay (mostly to CC)
rdover1 2nd card (closed): Closed mid cycle, survived 1st month. No bill pay, only MO. Never loaded over ~$4k. Total activity ~$12k.

T3pleShot (closed): 7k in loads at WMT, 10 loads, mostly $500, some $200, $4k billpay to CC, 5 swipes totaling about $25.

ctbarron (open): Month1 - $3.8k loaded, all bill pay out, 1 swipe; Month2 - $3.7k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD; Month3 - $4.2k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD. Zero membership fee, usually a balance of under $150.

americanindian (closed)- closed after 3 months today. had about 7.5k deposit each month, with lots of small value(<$20) purchases each month. liquidated mostly using bill pay.

rodsren (closed)- the dapperdon warned me. I was closed today after less than 5,500 or loaaing in less than 3 weeks (was going to try to keep it to 7,500 - 10,000 but didn't luck out.)

binnycode (closed, re-opened) - 7x $200 loads + 1x $700 load + 3x $500 over 2 days got me shut down. Called CSR and they re-opened my account, letting me know that "direct deposit would reduce my number of trips to walmart" lol!
Print Wikipost

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Best. Kept. Secret. EVER!

Oh, and it works on Android, too.
Woops...Did I let the cat out of the bag?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SGJazz
Woops...Did I let the cat out of the bag?
I'm just waiting for the blogs to pick it up now....
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
mobile app has more details on transaction as well.

the first time actually I see that mobile interface for financial app to be superior to web one.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:27 am

The iPhone app is much more intuitive. Also, you can more easily add multiple accounts for one CC Bank.
I can speak for only AMEX, but I was able to add 2x AMEX accounts on the GB through FireFox on a Windows box easily...less than a min. I used GB to pay only 1x AMEX account and it seems this one is electronic and another AMEX account I sat up might be physical check since under "Manage Payee", it shows the full address instead of just 800 number.

I just tested with adding Chase with 2x accounts making total of 3x. 1x was added a while ago, and 2x I just added with the same exact payment address with the first one. 2x shows physical payment address and 1x shows 877. I deleted one of the 2x one, kept the same payment address but changed the phone to 877. No problem getting added. Since I just added these 2x, I really don't know if it'll be electronic or physical check.

I heard that GB members can add only one like you...maybe it's something to do with "Beta" logo went away from the GB logo on the home page a while back.

Last edited by vagrants; Jun 23, 2013 at 7:55 am
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by vagrants
I can speak for only AMEX, but I was able to add 2x AMEX accounts on the GB through FireFox on a Windows box easily...less than a min. I used GB to pay only 1x AMEX account and it seems this one is electronic and another AMEX account I sat up might be physical check since under "Manage Payee", it shows the full address instead of just 800 number.

I just tested with adding Chase with 2x accounts making total of 3x. 1x was added a while ago, and 2x I just added with the same exact payment address with the first one. 2x shows physical payment address and 1x shows 877. I deleted one of the 2x one, kept the same payment address but changed the phone to 877. No problem getting added. Since I just added these 2x, I really don't know if it'll be electronic or physical check.

I heard that GB members can add only one like you...maybe it's something to do with "Beta" logo went away from the GB logo on the home page a while back.
I had same rulesut via browser. 1st chase account loaded for electronic payment. 2nd account needed address and too much info. I abandoned it. Mobile app recognizes that you may have multiple accounts and intuitively knows what to do. Also when you make future payments via browser all accounts will be listed for electronic payment.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:15 am

Also when you make future payments via browser all accounts will be listed for electronic payment.
That is good to know. Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
are people using GB to pay off their mortgages?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Thanks for the tips on using the app. Way more efficient.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by arsenalman
are people using GB to pay off their mortgages?
I tested this out last month and it worked. I just put my mortgage number in the memo line and Penfed got the payment about a week later (when GB said it would be received).
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by frogdog51
I tested this out last month and it worked. I just put my mortgage number in the memo line and Penfed got the payment about a week later (when GB said it would be received).
Thanks. I think i might stick to BB with the mortgage payments.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by arsenalman
Thanks. I think i might stick to BB with the mortgage payments.
I'm using BB for mortgage payments. I need to test payments on the android app for GB, because it was frustrating not to be able to set up payments for multiple cards from the same bank.

Are any of you mixing in any swipes on your GB? I've only been bill paying so far...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I'm using BB for mortgage payments. I need to test payments on the android app for GB, because it was frustrating not to be able to set up payments for multiple cards from the same bank.

Are any of you mixing in any swipes on your GB? I've only been bill paying so far...
I'm in ramping up mode. Bill pay only, no problems.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:06 am

For anyone who requested an invite and didn't hear back, try signing up again after a few weeks. I did and got in instantly, for some damn reason.

How long have you guys been waiting for your Walmart reloads to clear? I've read a few posts about it being hours but my 2 register $500 reloads from Sunday are still listed as pending.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rambro
For anyone who requested an invite and didn't hear back, try signing up again after a few weeks. I did and got in instantly, for some damn reason.

How long have you guys been waiting for your Walmart reloads to clear? I've read a few posts about it being hours but my 2 register $500 reloads from Sunday are still listed as pending.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...t-card-39.html

Two pages back.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by PainCorp
That was at the kiosk. Wasn't sure if the register would produce a different result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.