Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Moderator note: A new thread for 2016 is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1738030-gobank-greendot-online-banking-debit-card-2016-a.html

Do NOT let Rite-Aid scan the GoBank barcode. You will be charged, but your funds won't load. It is a PIA to get your funds back.

Want to stay active? Be sure to only load when your balance is at or close to 0. Continuing to load when you have funds in there seems to be a no no. Swipes are recommended, but there are folks active that don't swipe.

Lots of $200 loads can get you shutdown. GoBank does not like paying load fees on low denomination loads. Two $500 loads is better than five $200 loads.

Shut down reports:

Please list your load/spend/billpay details (in a single statement/lifetime?) e.g.,
type of load, number of loads, denomination of your gc or mp, amount of your billpay, any actual swipe/dd?

lad2 (closed) - May: $2.7K 9 loads 5DDs - June: $5.5K 5 loads 6DDs - July: $4.6K 6 loads 1DD - August $9.9K 19 loads 1DD - no swipes

TheDapperDon (open) June $4.5k 5 loads. All GCs. 1 swipe. Everything else BP to CC. 1500 most loaded in one day .July - $3489 5 loads. All GCs. Several swipes. No load until below $20 or so remaining.

raghu455 (closed) May $2k 4 loads, june $7k all GCs. All BP to CC.

drdrew450 (closed) 17K in loads, unloaded all through bill pay, less than a month

cuebert (closed) $4.5k in 9 MP loads, BP out. That was fast.

sgideons (closed) May $7k 17 loads, june $17k 27 loads, july $5k 6 loads, september $3.5k 4 loads. Unloaded 90% ACH pull, 5% PP to self, 5% bill pay tool. Closed on September statement date.

MDWCommuter (closed): June only, $8k in 60 loads, all GC. $2k is most loaded in one day. Wrote 2 BP to CC checks, no ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, always carried at least a $1k balance

ArtemK (closed): 1st month - 5/21 - 6/21 - loaded $6,700, 6/21 - 6/30 - $4K loaded, all via GCs. Unloaded all via BP to Citi and Chase. No ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, no swipes.

rdover1 (Closed): 1st month - $23.6k loaded (WM GC), ~$1k spend, rest bill pay (mostly to CC)
rdover1 2nd card (closed): Closed mid cycle, survived 1st month. No bill pay, only MO. Never loaded over ~$4k. Total activity ~$12k.

T3pleShot (closed): 7k in loads at WMT, 10 loads, mostly $500, some $200, $4k billpay to CC, 5 swipes totaling about $25.

ctbarron (open): Month1 - $3.8k loaded, all bill pay out, 1 swipe; Month2 - $3.7k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD; Month3 - $4.2k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD. Zero membership fee, usually a balance of under $150.

americanindian (closed)- closed after 3 months today. had about 7.5k deposit each month, with lots of small value(<$20) purchases each month. liquidated mostly using bill pay.

rodsren (closed)- the dapperdon warned me. I was closed today after less than 5,500 or loaaing in less than 3 weeks (was going to try to keep it to 7,500 - 10,000 but didn't luck out.)

binnycode (closed, re-opened) - 7x $200 loads + 1x $700 load + 3x $500 over 2 days got me shut down. Called CSR and they re-opened my account, letting me know that "direct deposit would reduce my number of trips to walmart" lol!
Print Wikipost

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by rambro
For anyone who requested an invite and didn't hear back, try signing up again after a few weeks. I did and got in instantly, for some damn reason.

How long have you guys been waiting for your Walmart reloads to clear? I've read a few posts about it being hours but my 2 register $500 reloads from Sunday are still listed as pending.
I've used bill pay with pending loads and haven't had an issue.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I've used bill pay with pending loads and haven't had an issue.
+1 The "pending loads" is a glitch they know about. The money is there and can be used.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: UR, MR, HH, MW, SPG
Finally found a RA to sell me Moneypaks with a CC!!
Im back in the Gobank game!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:53 pm

did anyone successfully use any sort of gift card to load to fulfill the $50 initial deposit requirement? people posted unsuccessful experience a while ago in this thread. I tried my Chase visa gc and vsia gift car purchased from officemax, both were denied and my account is now locked for 24 hours. what a bummer!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:41 pm

Iphone APP - Using Credit Card to load GB

IF you have the older version of the GB iphone app, you are still able to load 200$ using your credit card.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by mxrodriguez
Finally found a RA to sell me Moneypaks with a CC!!
Im back in the Gobank game!
There is no option to load acc from MP other than initial load. At least for newer accounts.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by ;
There is no option to load acc from MP other than initial load. At least for newer accounts.
Is this really true for "newer" accounts?
That would make this a GoBank bad option for any manufactured spend.

My initial deposit to Gobank was made on June10th with a $50 debit from my regular bank. Since that deposit, I have done reload swipes at WM, made a few swipes at the Doc office and some fast food, Bill payment to Chase CC and just now a MoneyPak Load. It works just fine, for me. Im looking at the $500 credit right now.

How 'new' is 'newer'? My account is less than a month old. Has anyone with a 'newer' account tried a Moneypak reload? I did it from the Moneypak.com website and entered my GoBank card number. Just like I would do with a VR and BB.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Is this really true for "newer" accounts?
That would make this a GoBank bad option for any manufactured spend.

My initial deposit to Gobank was made on June10th with a $50 debit from my regular bank. Since that deposit, I have done reload swipes at WM, made a few swipes at the Doc office and some fast food, Bill payment to Chase CC and just now a MoneyPak Load. It works just fine, for me. Im looking at the $500 credit right now.

How 'new' is 'newer'? My account is less than a month old. Has anyone with a 'newer' account tried a Moneypak reload? I did it from the Moneypak.com website and entered my GoBank card number. Just like I would do with a VR and BB.
MP and GB? Must be a new feature.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:26 pm

Yes.

At the risk of offending those who dont like the initials spelled out...
I used GreenDot Moneypck purchased at RiteAid with a Credit Card and used it on the Moneypak.com to load a Gobank Account.

Am I in bizzaro world?
Why is everyone looking at me funny?
I thought this was the way everyone was loading GB.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:28 pm

"Initial" deposit. I can't remember how the sequence goes, but don't you have to credit an account with min of $50 first, and then the GB send you the debit card? Until you get the debit card, you can't load, no? Or with MP.com, you can enter routing & acct # of the GB to load? (I'm not a MP user, but I heard MP.com push works with the GB a while back).
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Yes.

I used GreenDot Moneypck purchased at RiteAid with a Credit Card and used it on the Moneypak.com to load a Gobank Account.

Am I in bizzaro world?
Why is everyone looking at me funny?
I thought this was the way everyone was loading GB.
Or with Visa GC w/ PIN.

Oops, I spilled the beans!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by ;
Or with Visa GC w/ PIN.
Yeah.. I've loaded with a GC at WM...
No problems there other than the fact that the nearest WM is 40min round trip (I live in NYC).

Using a MP I can save the trip and gas.. although I forgo the 5X UR points I get buying the GC at Staples with Ink. I only get 1X MR points buying MP at RA with Amex.

Decision, Decisions...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Or with Visa GC w/ PIN.

Oops, I spilled the beans!
The problem is that's not working for initial deposit. Didn't somebody say Chase & some others not working? I know US Bank, either MC or VISA didn't work a while back.

Or somehow the subject switched to somebody's braggin' (Decision's Decision's) that's been already reported?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:19 pm

Yeah.. I've loaded with a GC at WM...
No problems there other than the fact that the nearest WM is 40min round trip (I live in NYC).

Using a MP I can save the trip and gas.. although I forgo the 5X UR points I get buying the GC at Staples with Ink. I only get 1X MR points buying MP at RA with Amex.

Decision, Decisions...
Didn't you really mean to say

"Y...I l w a GC @ WM...NP t o t t f t t n WM i 40m r/t (i l i NYC).

U a MP i c s t t a g...a i f t 5X UR p i g b t GC @ S w I. I o g 1X MR p b MP @ RA w A.

D, D..."

Otherwise people will figure out what the secrets are.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Yes.

And now you think your post looks any smarter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.