Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Moderator note: A new thread for 2016 is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1738030-gobank-greendot-online-banking-debit-card-2016-a.html

Do NOT let Rite-Aid scan the GoBank barcode. You will be charged, but your funds won't load. It is a PIA to get your funds back.

Want to stay active? Be sure to only load when your balance is at or close to 0. Continuing to load when you have funds in there seems to be a no no. Swipes are recommended, but there are folks active that don't swipe.

Lots of $200 loads can get you shutdown. GoBank does not like paying load fees on low denomination loads. Two $500 loads is better than five $200 loads.

Shut down reports:

Please list your load/spend/billpay details (in a single statement/lifetime?) e.g.,
type of load, number of loads, denomination of your gc or mp, amount of your billpay, any actual swipe/dd?

lad2 (closed) - May: $2.7K 9 loads 5DDs - June: $5.5K 5 loads 6DDs - July: $4.6K 6 loads 1DD - August $9.9K 19 loads 1DD - no swipes

TheDapperDon (open) June $4.5k 5 loads. All GCs. 1 swipe. Everything else BP to CC. 1500 most loaded in one day .July - $3489 5 loads. All GCs. Several swipes. No load until below $20 or so remaining.

raghu455 (closed) May $2k 4 loads, june $7k all GCs. All BP to CC.

drdrew450 (closed) 17K in loads, unloaded all through bill pay, less than a month

cuebert (closed) $4.5k in 9 MP loads, BP out. That was fast.

sgideons (closed) May $7k 17 loads, june $17k 27 loads, july $5k 6 loads, september $3.5k 4 loads. Unloaded 90% ACH pull, 5% PP to self, 5% bill pay tool. Closed on September statement date.

MDWCommuter (closed): June only, $8k in 60 loads, all GC. $2k is most loaded in one day. Wrote 2 BP to CC checks, no ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, always carried at least a $1k balance

ArtemK (closed): 1st month - 5/21 - 6/21 - loaded $6,700, 6/21 - 6/30 - $4K loaded, all via GCs. Unloaded all via BP to Citi and Chase. No ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, no swipes.

rdover1 (Closed): 1st month - $23.6k loaded (WM GC), ~$1k spend, rest bill pay (mostly to CC)
rdover1 2nd card (closed): Closed mid cycle, survived 1st month. No bill pay, only MO. Never loaded over ~$4k. Total activity ~$12k.

T3pleShot (closed): 7k in loads at WMT, 10 loads, mostly $500, some $200, $4k billpay to CC, 5 swipes totaling about $25.

ctbarron (open): Month1 - $3.8k loaded, all bill pay out, 1 swipe; Month2 - $3.7k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD; Month3 - $4.2k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD. Zero membership fee, usually a balance of under $150.

americanindian (closed)- closed after 3 months today. had about 7.5k deposit each month, with lots of small value(<$20) purchases each month. liquidated mostly using bill pay.

rodsren (closed)- the dapperdon warned me. I was closed today after less than 5,500 or loaaing in less than 3 weeks (was going to try to keep it to 7,500 - 10,000 but didn't luck out.)

binnycode (closed, re-opened) - 7x $200 loads + 1x $700 load + 3x $500 over 2 days got me shut down. Called CSR and they re-opened my account, letting me know that "direct deposit would reduce my number of trips to walmart" lol!
Print Wikipost

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:51 pm

Hey Guys,

I deposited some 2K yesterday at 4 PM and then went back today at 2:30 PM and started swiping away - and I got an error on the print out that reads: "Exceeds Card Load Limit"! I thought the 2600 was a per calendar day - not 24 hour? Is this another issue?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by floressalicis
That does not require marriage. Just someone forking over their personal info and SSN, card numbers/cards, bank info, etc.
Exactly, why buy the cow....?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by raccah
Hey Guys,

I deposited some 2K yesterday at 4 PM and then went back today at 2:30 PM and started swiping away - and I got an error on the print out that reads: "Exceeds Card Load Limit"! I thought the 2600 was a per calendar day - not 24 hour? Is this another issue?
Sigh. Been reported a zillion times it is rolling 24 hours - as you just found out for yourself. And it's $2500/day. Crikey.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
GB

After loading debit cards at WM kiosks, I am finding that there is 3 day pending status for the load transaction. Does that mean I can't spend it until the transactions are cleared/finalized?

Is there a limit on ATM withdrawals? Per transaction/day/month?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by theTrotter
After loading debit cards at WM kiosks, I am finding that there is 3 day pending status for the load transaction. Does that mean I can't spend it until the transactions are cleared/finalized?

I have bill paid within the hour. Feel free to do the same.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
What does your Account Balance say? That is the amount available for you to use.

Up to $500 daily. No published monthly limit. You should try to read the agreement here for more details » https://www.gobank.com/legal/deposit-account-agreement.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lad2
What does your Account Balance say? That is the amount available for you to use.
GB's website is pretty bad, almost as bad as Barclays. The only number you need to worry about is the account balance as lad2 said. That and maybe the scheduled payments, because they aren't deducted immediately like with BB.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:43 pm

GoBank just sent me an invite. How long does it take to actually receive the card and be able to use it?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by guoguo914
GoBank just sent me an invite. How long does it take to actually receive the card and be able to use it?
You should get it in about a week, and you can use it immediately once you have it.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:45 pm

How long from request to invite?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by jeckll
How long from request to invite?
Usually about 6 months
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:21 pm

Umm, what? This thread has only been around for 5 months!
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:22 pm

Maybe try reading then. That exact question has been asked at leas 20 times.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:40 pm

Fair enough, I searched "invitation" rather than "invite" and got no helpful posts. Not going to read 15 pages back just to find a quick answer. That's why we could use WIKIs. No need to be a dick about it, though. Cheers!
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by jeckll
Fair enough, I searched "invitation" rather than "invite" and got no helpful posts. Not going to read 15 pages back just to find a quick answer. That's why we could use WIKIs. No need to be a dick about it, though. Cheers!
So, you want information, but you only searched once with only one keyword; and give up. Now, you want the information fed since you don't want to go back 'only' 15 pages.

You don't need to be a dick about this, too. "No need to be a dick about it" is unnecessary.

I don't need Wiki, but obviously you do. Why don't you create one, so that you can feed information yourself on top of giving back to newbies or whatever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.