Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Moderator note: A new thread for 2016 is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1738030-gobank-greendot-online-banking-debit-card-2016-a.html

Do NOT let Rite-Aid scan the GoBank barcode. You will be charged, but your funds won't load. It is a PIA to get your funds back.

Want to stay active? Be sure to only load when your balance is at or close to 0. Continuing to load when you have funds in there seems to be a no no. Swipes are recommended, but there are folks active that don't swipe.

Lots of $200 loads can get you shutdown. GoBank does not like paying load fees on low denomination loads. Two $500 loads is better than five $200 loads.

Shut down reports:

Please list your load/spend/billpay details (in a single statement/lifetime?) e.g.,
type of load, number of loads, denomination of your gc or mp, amount of your billpay, any actual swipe/dd?

lad2 (closed) - May: $2.7K 9 loads 5DDs - June: $5.5K 5 loads 6DDs - July: $4.6K 6 loads 1DD - August $9.9K 19 loads 1DD - no swipes

TheDapperDon (open) June $4.5k 5 loads. All GCs. 1 swipe. Everything else BP to CC. 1500 most loaded in one day .July - $3489 5 loads. All GCs. Several swipes. No load until below $20 or so remaining.

raghu455 (closed) May $2k 4 loads, june $7k all GCs. All BP to CC.

drdrew450 (closed) 17K in loads, unloaded all through bill pay, less than a month

cuebert (closed) $4.5k in 9 MP loads, BP out. That was fast.

sgideons (closed) May $7k 17 loads, june $17k 27 loads, july $5k 6 loads, september $3.5k 4 loads. Unloaded 90% ACH pull, 5% PP to self, 5% bill pay tool. Closed on September statement date.

MDWCommuter (closed): June only, $8k in 60 loads, all GC. $2k is most loaded in one day. Wrote 2 BP to CC checks, no ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, always carried at least a $1k balance

ArtemK (closed): 1st month - 5/21 - 6/21 - loaded $6,700, 6/21 - 6/30 - $4K loaded, all via GCs. Unloaded all via BP to Citi and Chase. No ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, no swipes.

rdover1 (Closed): 1st month - $23.6k loaded (WM GC), ~$1k spend, rest bill pay (mostly to CC)
rdover1 2nd card (closed): Closed mid cycle, survived 1st month. No bill pay, only MO. Never loaded over ~$4k. Total activity ~$12k.

T3pleShot (closed): 7k in loads at WMT, 10 loads, mostly $500, some $200, $4k billpay to CC, 5 swipes totaling about $25.

ctbarron (open): Month1 - $3.8k loaded, all bill pay out, 1 swipe; Month2 - $3.7k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD; Month3 - $4.2k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD. Zero membership fee, usually a balance of under $150.

americanindian (closed)- closed after 3 months today. had about 7.5k deposit each month, with lots of small value(<$20) purchases each month. liquidated mostly using bill pay.

rodsren (closed)- the dapperdon warned me. I was closed today after less than 5,500 or loaaing in less than 3 weeks (was going to try to keep it to 7,500 - 10,000 but didn't luck out.)

binnycode (closed, re-opened) - 7x $200 loads + 1x $700 load + 3x $500 over 2 days got me shut down. Called CSR and they re-opened my account, letting me know that "direct deposit would reduce my number of trips to walmart" lol!
Print Wikipost

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Silverthunder
I have been loading and unloading about 3k per month (pretty much all via bill pay except for a sprinkling of small swipes). About a month and a half ago, I started having a problem using the bill pay function on my account. The system would always say "technical difficulties." From the advice of someone on these forums, I had a workaround where I would just schedule the payment at least 1 day out. But now that doesn't work. I tried even scheduling 3 days out but I still get the "technical difficulties" error message. I have always done some small debit swipes mixed in. Oh, and I loaded it with 2 credit card loads at Rite Aid recently (just changed from Walmart loads to this type of load).
Your'e loading this with a CC at rite aid?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:25 pm

Is there somewhere non-standard they may show up at in RA? I've checked the GC areas three times and even asked employees - nobody has even /heard/ of this product. Am I just outta' luck/need to range farther, or is there somewhere else I should search?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by vodkashine
Have you tried the mobile app?
I never had a schedule issue with it and the website was always buggy for me.
No, I have never tried that. My cell phone has problems but next cell phone I get may try that out; thanks.

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Your'e loading this with a CC at rite aid?
Yes. Just hand it to the cashier. Some Rite Aids may not know what they are doing or be able to (some of them claim that they can't do in this store but not sure if that's true).
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
This is weird. I picked up the "free info pack" from Rite Aid and it said to go to GoBank.com/Reward but when i go there, this same page tells me to go to GoBank.com/Reward.....Doesn't make any sense. I keep getting redirected to the mobile site.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
This is weird. I picked up the "free info pack" from Rite Aid and it said to go to GoBank.com/Reward but when i go there, this same page tells me to go to GoBank.com/Reward.....Doesn't make any sense. I keep getting redirected to the mobile site.
why don't you just ask the cashier to load it?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
why don't you just ask the cashier to load it?
The free info pack didn't have a card in it...I don't understand where i'm supposed to get the actually start kit from. The cashier didn't have a clue. She said she doesn't know about a starter and that it's just the "free info packet" that she knows of. Why have a free info packet but no start kit? Doesn't make sense.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:15 pm

Does anyone happen to know what the starter kit looks like? or what the card in the starter kit looks like, please?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:47 pm

How many payee you can add in Gobank? I already added 3. Now I wanna add "Discover Card" as another payee to bill pay my Discover IT card, but always resulting in time out when confirming. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by bulletin2007
How many payee you can add in Gobank? I already added 3. Now I wanna add "Discover Card" as another payee to bill pay my Discover IT card, but always resulting in time out when confirming. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I've got > 4 for sure (prob around 8?). Website seems glitchy at times, may want to try again later to see if performance improves...
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:16 pm

Does anyone know when GoBank started to enforce $3000 deposit per month? Is it rolling or calendar?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Effective after 8/14, $3k load per rolling 30 days, max $2.5k per day.

http://travelwithgrant.com/wp-conten...ail-Update.png
I just saw this post after I posted mine. If this is the case, it doesn't look like that they are enforcing this policy. I have loaded about $5600 after 8/15 ($2600 in Aug and $3000 in Sep). I have over 10 small purchase in between.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Yaoyao
I just saw this post after I posted mine. If this is the case, it doesn't look like that they are enforcing this policy. I have loaded about $5600 after 8/15 ($2600 in Aug and $3000 in Sep). I have over 10 small purchase in between.
I would be very careful because definitely they can use that term against you. As always, being a little conservative right now might do you good in the long run.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:23 pm

They should be called Nobank.

They have been working on "bells and whistles" now for over 2 months.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:38 pm

Anyone knows if we can use bill pay to pay somebody else's credit card using GoBank? Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
I've got > 4 for sure (prob around 8?). Website seems glitchy at times, may want to try again later to see if performance improves...
I never have any issues adding payees via their mobile app and definitely have >10 on some accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.